Your 2004 top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Voodoo Daddy said:
Interesting, you're the first to put him in your top 10. Is there any info you can share about this guy?

Most of what I've heard about him is from Redline (who I usually don't trust as far as I can throw them, but sometimes there are some exceptions), and by all accounts he's a very talented offensive forward. Russianprospects.com ranks him as the #3 Russian prospect in the draft. He's listed as a RW at 6'1" and somewhere between 180-190 lbs.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
Lisin is the fastest guy in the draft. He has a nose for the net and likes to shoot. Sometimes inconsistent in his production. Some scouts feels that he is a good worker and his speed could be used so that he becomes a good two way player. He sounds like he could be like Radek Dvorak.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
1. Ovechkin
2. Shremp
3. Malkin
4. Wolski
5. Olesz
6. Barker
7. Montoya
8. Tukkonen
9. Chipchura
10. Lisin

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
parisefan55 said:
Wes O'Neill, Drew Stafford and A.J. Thelan should not appear in anyones top 10's.

That shouldn't matter. As of right now, I don't think any of them have officially opted out, so they should all be available to rank.

leafaholix*

rivercanyon said:
1. Hedman
2. Fransson
3. Salmonsson
4. Söderberg
5. DeménW
6. Ovechkin
7. Malkin
8. Sindel
9. Tukonen
10. Olesz
Ummm... Fred Naslund?

Hello?

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Ovechkin, Alexander
Malkin, Yevgeny
Ladd, Andrew
Olesz, Rostislav
Green, Mike
Wolski, Wojtek
Montoya, Alvaro
Chipchura, Kyle
Picard, Alexandre
Berti, Adam

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Roberto Luongo said:
The only guy I do not know much of is Malkin. I head he have a bad shot? and a step or two down from Staal? Or can he be the next Svitov? But I doubt it as from what I heard Malkin is a hard worker. Well fill me in expert...

I think his shot (both wrist and slap) is one of his best assets alongside with his speed, physical power and good hockey sense. But he is not a wizard with the puck as for instance Ovechkin.

dats-13

Dec 29, 2003
Still Waiting On Grigs...
I have a question about the following soon-to-be propects in

Sami Lepisto(ranked 4th in European Rankings i think from TSN)
Ladislav Smid (5)
Johan Frannson (8)
Andrej Meszaros (9)

for those who know anything about the players im inquiring about, I am asking b/c Detroit will more than likely take a defenseman with their first overall pick and if they are from a foreign country (which Holland likes Europeans) I was wondering which one of those four would be a good bet and information about them....

thanks in advance.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
parisefan55 said:
Two questions:

1.) What kind of attitude does Rob Schremp have, exactly? And please don't cry "wahhh he left Mississauga", if you've ever met the kid or followed him since he has went to London, you'd know what kind of off-ice person this guy is.

2.) Where do you get the stuff that you've you been smoking to think that he will drop to #8 and Wolski goes ahead of him at #5. Whatever it is, grab me a quarter pound.

1) All the guy does is complain. He complained when he played Mississauga and demanded a trade, then he started cryin when the US didnt pick him for the WJC. You think he would have been picked ahead of guys like Stafford and Booth, I guess all the complaining he did in Mississauga did him no good. I think its going to hurt his draft status.

2) Im smoking the usual, that nice green chronic. It looks like there are a few members who are smoking the same green as me because some of them dont even have Schremp in the top ten. By the way, today is 2 cheeseburger day, if your interested Ill pick you up 2.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
1.Alexander Ovechkin RW Dynamo Moscow (Rus) 6-2/200 Russia
2 Evgeni Malkin C Magnitogorsk (Rus) 6-3/205 Russia
3 Cam Barker D Medicine Hat (WHL) 6-3/210 Canada
4 Rostislav Olesz C Vitkovice (Cze) 6-1/200 Czech
5 Rob Schremp C London (OHL) 5-11/200 USA
6 Marek Schwarz G Sparta Praha (Cze) 6-0/175 Czech
7 Wes O'Neill D Notre Dame (CCHA) 6-4/215 Canada
8 Wojtek Wolski LW Brampton (OHL) 6-3/200 Canada
9 Lauri Tukonen RW Espoo Blues (Fin) 6-2/200 Finland
10 A.J. Thelen D Michigan State (CCHA) 6-3/210 USA

With the numbers he put this year, i'm pretty sure Thelen will opt in...

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
Alex Kovalev said:
1) All the guy does is complain. He complained when he played Mississauga and demanded a trade, then he started cryin when the US didnt pick him for the WJC. You think he would have been picked ahead of guys like Stafford and Booth, I guess all the complaining he did in Mississauga did him no good. I think its going to hurt his draft status.

2) Im smoking the usual, that nice green chronic. It looks like there are a few members who are smoking the same green as me because some of them dont even have Schremp in the top ten. By the way, today is 2 cheeseburger day, if your interested Ill pick you up 2.

So all he does is complain simply because he didn't want to play for the Ice Dogs? Give your head a shake pal. That must mean that Jason Spezza, Lou Dickenson and every other decent player that has passed through the system and left is a whiner with baggage as well. It must also mean that Spezza dropped drastically in his draft class. Ooops, thats right he went #2.

As for the US not picking him, only a moron would say that he shouldn't have been on the team. He is a better player than probably 15 members picked ahead of him. Everyone knows that the only reason he was left off was because of the situation with the US Under 18 team.

Anyone who doesnt have Schremp in their Top 10 probably doesn't know how to add 2+2. I will remember this discussion come June and will be there to laugh in your face.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
Komi#1 said:
1.Alexander Ovechkin RW Dynamo Moscow (Rus) 6-2/200 Russia
2 Evgeni Malkin C Magnitogorsk (Rus) 6-3/205 Russia
3 Cam Barker D Medicine Hat (WHL) 6-3/210 Canada
4 Rostislav Olesz C Vitkovice (Cze) 6-1/200 Czech
5 Rob Schremp C London (OHL) 5-11/200 USA
6 Marek Schwarz G Sparta Praha (Cze) 6-0/175 Czech
7 Wes O'Neill D Notre Dame (CCHA) 6-4/215 Canada
8 Wojtek Wolski LW Brampton (OHL) 6-3/200 Canada
9 Lauri Tukonen RW Espoo Blues (Fin) 6-2/200 Finland
10 A.J. Thelen D Michigan State (CCHA) 6-3/210 USA

With the numbers he put this year, i'm pretty sure Thelen will opt in...

And then lose his NCAA eligability? I seriously doubt it.

leafaholix*

parisefan55 said:
Why would he lose his NCAA eligability?

This isn't basketball.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
parisefan55 said:

Won't lose his eligibility unless he signs a pro contract, seriously doubt he'd sign a contract right after the draft. Probably opt in to the draft and play a few more years in the NCAA before moving to the NHL or AHL at 20.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Why would he lose his NCAA eligability?

This isn't basketball.

If the players opt-in to the draft early they lose their eligibility. I'm not sure what the exact cut-off is but I've heard that Stafford, Thelan, etc are all in that position.

Dipietro is an example of a player who opted-in early and lost his NCAA eligibility. Players will also lose eligbility for hiring an agent, going to a pro camp for an extended period of time, etc.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
If the players opt-in to the draft early they lose their eligibility. I'm not sure what the exact cut-off is but I've heard that Stafford, Thelan, etc are all in that position.

Dipietro is an example of a player who opted-in early and lost his NCAA eligibility. Players will also lose eligbility for hiring an agent, going to a pro camp for an extended period of time, etc.

Really? I can honestly say I didn't know that... I thought a player only lost eligibility in hockey once accepting money or appointing an agent. Sorry for the misinformation then. So where would Thelen play next year if not signed to a pro contract? Would he have to go to the CHL and play in the WHL or OHL, something like that? One other question I have for you, Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks... How is it that at 19 he can play for the Manitoba Moose of the AHL, a league usually reserved for 20+? Is this because he has signed a pro contract and therefore can not go back to the NCAA? I thought this would have forced him to go play Major Junior but obviously not, was just curious about the apparent loophole there.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
Puckz said:
Really? I can honestly say I didn't know that... I thought a player only lost eligibility in hockey once accepting money or appointing an agent. Sorry for the misinformation then. So where would Thelen play next year if not signed to a pro contract? Would he have to go to the CHL and play in the WHL or OHL, something like that? One other question I have for you, Ryan Kesler of the Vancouver Canucks... How is it that at 19 he can play for the Manitoba Moose of the AHL, a league usually reserved for 20+? Is this because he has signed a pro contract and therefore can not go back to the NCAA? I thought this would have forced him to go play Major Junior but obviously not, was just curious about the apparent loophole there.

Kesler left Ohio State to signed with the Canucks this summer. The thing was he thought he was going to go staright to the show, but apparantly the Canucks had other ideas.

There is no real age limit for the AHL as far as I know, unless you are playing major junior. I think the Canucks kinda tricked him into playing there.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
1. Alex Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin
3. Wojtek Wolski
4. Rob Schremp
5. Rostislav Olesz
6. Marek Schwarz
7. Cam Barker
8. Alvaro Montoya
9. Evan McGrath