Your 2004 top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rank your top ten list for the 2004 draft. Malkin's concussion should be taken into account, just as was Olesz's at the WJC. Here's mine:

1. Ovechkin.
2. Malkin.
3. Schremp.
4. Olesz.
5. Wolski.
6. Barker.
7. Montoya.
8. Tukonen.
9. Smid.
10. Schwartz.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
1- Ovechkin
2- Schremp
3- Malkin
4- Barker
5- Olesz
6- Schwarz
7- Montoya
8- Tukonen
9- Wolski
10- Chipchura

Wow, almost everyone seems to have Chipchura in their top ten. I'm surprised mainly because he has extremely weak stats for an offensive player who would go in the top 10.

If you compare Chipchura to all the CHL forwards drafted in the top 10 picks since 1981, he has the fourth lowest points per game. Only Brett Lindros, Michael Rupp, and Alek Stojanov have worse offensive numbers. And his goals per game is tied for the worst with Michael Rupp. And while Chipchura has solid size, the three mentioned above were drafted that high because they were extremely large and physical and had power forward potential, while Chipchura seems to be more of a finesse player with grit. I think he may be getting a tad overrated.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin
Malkin
Wolski
Olesz
Barker
Schremp
Tukonen
O'Neil
Schwarz
Ladd

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I will continue to post a thread just like this one every 6 weeks or so until the draft to gauge the concensus order and to see wether there is any major evolution in a player's ranking.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
BlueAndWhite said:
That is probably the highest I've seen Wolski is any predicition so far. I'm curious as to why you had him ranked so high ?

Wolski is an excellent prospect and could very well go as high as 3rd. If a team needs a sniper and wants to take a safe pick, they could take Wolski. I would agree with most that Olesz, Malkin, or Schremp would be better picks, but with taking those players comes risks. Olesz and Malkin both having major concussions recently, and the attitude/baggage that comes with taking Schremp. Wolski may be the safer pick. He has 1st line scoring winger written all over him. My favourite NA prospect by far.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Alex Kovalev said:
Wolski is an excellent prospect and could very well go as high as 3rd. If a team needs a sniper and wants to take a safe pick, they could take Wolski. I would agree with most that Olesz, Malkin, or Schremp would be better picks, but with taking those players comes risks. Olesz and Malkin both having major concussions recently, and the attitude/baggage that comes with taking Schremp. Wolski may be the safer pick. He has 1st line scoring winger written all over him. My favourite NA prospect by far.

For the last time, THERE IS NO ATTITUDE OR BAGGAGE WITH SCHREMP. People can question his move from Mississauga, but make no mistake, he works hard, and is a good teammate.

Alex Kovalev

Apr 28, 2002
Burlington, Ontario
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
For the last time, THERE IS NO ATTITUDE OR BAGGAGE WITH SCHREMP. People can question his move from Mississauga, but make no mistake, he works hard, and is a good teammate.

If you say so. Schremp seems kinda like this years O'Sullivan, though I cannot see him falling further then 10th, just too much talent.

leafaholix*

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin
3. Marek Schwarz
4. Rostislav Olesz
5. Cam Barker
6. Wojtek Wolski
7. Lauri Tukonen
8. Mike Green
9. Alexandre Picard
10. Alvaro Montoya

I don't think Schwarz will go that high, but it's just my own personal favourites list.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin
3. Rostislav Olesz
4. Cam Barker
5. Wojtek Wolski
6. Mike Green
7. Marek Schwarz
8. Lauri Tukonen
9. Alvaro Montoya
10. Drew Stafford

HM: Robbie Schremp,David Bolland,Wes O'Neill and AJ Thelen

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This is a good thread, because I've been putting off getting a list of my personal top 10. So now I can buckle down and do it:

1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeni Malkin
3. Rostislav Olesz
4. Cam Barker
5. Marek Schwarz
6. Rob Schremp
7. Lauri Tukonen
8. Wojtek Wolski
9. Alexandre Picard
10. Drew Stafford

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:

i keep hearing the attitude/baggage thing. I know he wasn't taken by team USA for the WJCs. What happened in Mississauga and did he make the comments attributed to him (something about not playing next year) when he wasn't picked for the WJC team?

Hughes J Laffy

A-Laf #13
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
1.Ovechkin
2.Malkin?
3.Olesz
4.Barker
5.Schremp
6.Wolski
7.Tukonen
8.Schwarz
9.Picard
10.Chipchura

The only guy I do not know much of is Malkin. I head he have a bad shot? and a step or two down from Staal? Or can he be the next Svitov? But I doubt it as from what I heard Malkin is a hard worker. Well fill me in expert...

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
Alex Kovalev said:

Two questions:

1.) What kind of attitude does Rob Schremp have, exactly? And please don't cry "wahhh he left Mississauga", if you've ever met the kid or followed him since he has went to London, you'd know what kind of off-ice person this guy is.

2.) Where do you get the stuff that you've you been smoking to think that he will drop to #8 and Wolski goes ahead of him at #5. Whatever it is, grab me a quarter pound.

parisefan55

Dec 30, 2003
1.) Ovechkin
2.) Schremp
3.) Malkin
4.) Olsez
5.) Barker
6.) Wolski
7.) Tukonen
8.) Montoya
9.) Chipchura
10.)Green

Wes O'Neill, Drew Stafford and A.J. Thelan should not appear in anyones top 10's. There is no way any of these three should consdier leaving school. Definately not O'Neill....he shot down Kingston (OHL) so he could go the US route, there is no way he will leave school just to go in the draft a year sooner.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Evgeny Malkin
3. Rostislav Olesz
4. Cam Barker
5. Marek Schwarz
6. Wojtek Wolski
7. Lauri Tukonen
8. Enver Lisin
9. Rob Schremp
10. Jakub Sindel

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin
Malkin
Barker
Olesz
Schremp
Wolski
Montoya
Green
Schwarz
Picard

And, IMO, all the kids in the 2-5 range could easily be interchangable based on a team's needs, injuries, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->