Proposal: Young RHD To NYR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This lefty-righty crap is beyond stupid with defenseman. Just get 6 defenseman who can play. That old, senile fart Brooks is obsessed with that lefty-righty crap. That is because that is all AV preached. The same coach who has no clue how to coach his defenseman or team defense.

Are you referring to not worrying about pairing a right handed/left handed Defensemen with each other, or are you actually saying they should just take the 6 best Defensemen and don't make a fuss over which side they play? That's asking for trouble. When a Defensemen grows up playing the left side, regardless of how good that player becomes, chances are he spent very little to no time on the right side. It's a significant change because you're playing your offside on what makes you comfortable.

A) You're a left handed, left sided defensemen who is forced to the right side, what happens now is you're experiencing trouble getting the puck out of the zone because your body position is completely different. You lose board battles and breakout passes don't come as easy.

B) The opposite is a right handed, left sided Defensemen (like me when I go back and forth to defense) who prefers to play the offside because carrying the puck up, sticking handling, receiving passes, and getting open for one-timers / shots through feels easier. When that player is forced to the right side, everything that player is good at begins to suffer. There's advantages and disadvantages for both.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Who gives a crap if you have 3 righty defenseman if they aren't very good. A good defenseman is a good defenseman. Who cares if they are righty or lefty. It might be a tad easier to get the puck out on one side. However, if you watched the Rangers, their defenseman consistently turn the puck over the past 3 years, make stupid decisions and don't cover in front of the net. That has nothing to do with being lefty or righty.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
They preach it because it makes a huge difference. Put together a team with 6 LHD and you’ve put together a team that can be exploited.

I believe with Letang out, Pitt won the cup with 5 lefty defenseman. I can see having on righty for the PP. Other than that. It's overrated.

Reactions: grewalZ40

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Timmins for first round pick 2018(between 8 and 10)

Avs have good faith in Makar and Meloche as future RHD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad