young guns and commercials

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
I understand that one of Lou's rules is that rookies can't do commercials.

I recently noticed the Connor Brown Source for Sports commercial and have a few questions.

How much control would the Leafs have on helping players get endorsement / commercial deals?

How do players make on these deals? Any guestimate on what Connor may make for this commercial?

Since his contract seems light vs. most people's expectations, any chance this is a way work around cap challenging times ahead?

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I understand that one of Lou's rules is that rookies can't do commercials.

I recently noticed the Connor Brown Source for Sports commercial and have a few questions.

How much control would the Leafs have on helping players get endorsement / commercial deals?

How do players make on these deals? Any guestimate on what Connor may make for this commercial?

Since his contract seems light vs. most people's expectations, any chance this is a way work around cap challenging times ahead?

In short, yes this is entirely possible.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
In short, yes this is entirely possible.

it was well documented that MLSE and its corporate partners came out in force to try and woo Stamkos.

I had always thought they would try to cap circumvent with the big three with a similar approach but someone here aptly pointed out that elite players would get sponsors no matter what.

But if Brown is getting some extra $ as an incentive to lower his cap hit, which we will never know.... That is pure genius.

If this keeps happening with mid tier Leafs and we see a pattern here I think we will call it more of a confirmation.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Did brown delay the signing until after the promotion so that he could do it while not under contract to the leafs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad