GDT: You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out, Kid! Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
That's now 5 in a row thanks to our prized youngin' Nico lighting the lamp twice!

rs_480x270-151218092107-christmas_story_7.gif

And let's not forget our resurgent ginger ninja in net!

christmas-moviesa-christmas-story.gif
rs_480x360-151218092116-christmas_story_9.gif

We'll ride the hot hand of Cory in net and look to put away the tank brigade for our 6th straight win and hit 50 points before January!

giphy.gif

Devils Projected Lineup:

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johansson-Zajac-Palmieri
Coleman-Boyle-Gibbons
Wood-Zacha-Noesen

Greene-Santini
Moore-Vatanen
Butcher-Severson

Schneider (17-6-4, 2.49 GAA, .923 SV%, 1 SO)
Kinkaid (5-3-1, 3.48 GAA, .893 SV%)

Let's keep feasting on wins and eat like the piggies!

how-the-piggy-eats.gif

giphy.gif

Sabres Projected Lineup:

Girgensons-Eichel-Reinhart
Kane-O'Reilly-Okposo
Pouliot-Rodrigues-Pominville

Larsson-Josefson-Nolan

Scandella-Ristolainen
McCabe-Bogosian
Beaulieu-Falk

Lehner (8-14-5, 2.74 GAA, .915 SV%, 1 SO)
Johnson (1-6-3, 3.78 GAA, .881 SV%)

giphy.gif

Robin Lehner in Net

source.gif

Devils Leaders:

Goals: Gibbons/Hall - 12
Assists: Hall - 24
+/-: Gibbons - +13
PIM: Wood - 49
PPG: Hall/Boyle - 4
SHG: Gibbons - 3
GWG: Gibbons - 3

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Sabres Leaders:

G: Kane - 15
A: Eichel - 20
P: Kane - 34
+/-: Gorges/Wilson - +1
PIM: Kane - 30
PPG: O'Reilly - 4
SHG: Kane - 3
GWG: Pouliot - 3

tumblr_nz6yotPXNh1r73lylo1_500.gif

eLker.gif

KEEP ON LIGHTING THE LAMP BOYS!

tenor.gif

AND MAKE SURE THEY FEEL THE PAIN!

giphy.gif

AND SHOOT THE LIGHTS OUT!

giphy.gif

LET'S GO DEVILS!

giphy.gif

AND FOR YOUR GAMELY ZAJAC GIF FOR THE HATERS

giphy.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
god you don't like this movie? do you have souls?

thank you so much for doing this movie for a GDT
It's okay. It's worth watching once or twice.

Honestly, my favorite parts of the movie are all in the last 10 minutes. From the scene right before the dogs come in and snatch the turkey and run off with it, up to the ending scene, where they go out for Christmas dinner at the Chinese restaurant and the Chinese guys are trying to sing Deck The Halls and Jingle Bells. Then the mother doesn't know whether she wants to laugh or cry when they chop the duck's head off in front of them.

Reactions: Blackjack

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I need a Bleed rant on Lehner trying to claim the league conspired against him on the goal review the other night.
Thought it was funny, I saw it the other night. He also made a reference to the NFL doing the same thing to the Bills (LOL) last weekend. That both leagues hate their Buffalo teams. Because how else can the Bills go to 4 super bowls in a row and lose them all? And how else can the Sabres go like 45 years without one cup?

I actually don't dislike Lehner, not that I like him either. He reminds me of a bigger and more padded up Henrik. I think I used to call him Lehnpads when he first broke into the league. He's actually a bit better than fans around the league give him credit for. He posts pretty good save percentages on horrid Buffalo teams. I think he's better than overrated Martin Jones, who Bret Hedican already referred to as ''Elite'' in tonight's broadcast. He's also better than Jake Allen, who gets way too much credit because he wins games and has a low GAA on an elite defensive team, that barely allows any shots against.

That said, he does for Buffalo and I f***ing hate Buffalo and wanna beat them some more. And I'm sure many fans up in Buffalo also want us to beat their team, as we've already seen how much they love tanking and cheering tanking.

My friend and I were like 2 of the only people that picked Buffalo to be a bottom 5 team before the year started. Not that most people picked them to be a playoff team, but I think most people figured they'd be bottom 8-12 this year and not bottom 5. I'm enjoying the bottom 5 year they're having so far!

By the way, I saw Phil Housley on the ''Road to the Winter Classic'' thing, when they show him talking in the locker room. He has this fake tough guy authoritarian personality, just like that overrated jackass up in Edmonton. It's really doing him and the Sabres a lot of good this year!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So is Schneider playing both games? Bc if they feel obligated to switching them, I would rather see Blockaide tonight and Schneider tomorrow.

My guess is if Cory has an easy 20-25 save game he plays tomorrow. If he gets extended with a 40+ save game then it'll come down to 'how he's feeling' tomorrow, which still probably means he plays barring another supersecret minor injury.

If he has a bad game, maybe he gets rested anyway but it would be beyond mind-boggling if they play Cory tonight only to give Keith the division game with the second place team in the division.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They should do a Josefson tribute video of all of his missed opportunities.

It could be kind of like in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when they introduce Sir Robin.

"Jacob Josefson: who almost scored against Henrik Lundqvist, almost scored against Marc Andre Fleury, and personally broke himself against the boards, at the Battle of Newark Rock."

Reactions: Bleedred

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
hqdefault.jpg

“you know, a monkey with a microwave is a little like a mule with a frozen burrito. no one knows where he got it, and danged if he knows how to cook it! the name’s owns, martyowns. and I come before you people with an idea. probably the greatest- aw….it’s not for you. it’s more of a SABRES fans’ idea.”

“now, wait just a minute. we’re twice as smart as sabres fans. just tell us your idea and we’ll microwave it.”

well guys, there’s nothing on earth
like a microwaved,
electrified,
bona fide
Twice strained monkey brain!

what’d I say?

monkey brain!

what’s it called?

monkey brain!

that’s right! monkey brain!

(monkey brain…monkey brain…monkey brain…)

I hear those brains are awfully veiny…
it goes down smooth, but kinda grainy!

is there a chance the brain won’t blend?
not on your life, my 6th round friend!

what about my vegan daughter?
she can drink the monkey water!

were you sent by aaron neville?
that makes no sense, we’re from the devils!

my microwave, it won’t stop beeping…
unplug it while the monkey’s sleeping!

steaming monkeys- what a sight!
I hope you brought your ape-i-tites!

monkey braaaaaaaaaain

what’s it called?

monkey braaaaaaaaaain

once again!

monkey braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!

but my microwave is broken!
just fry those monkeys till they’re smoking!

monkey braaaaaaaaaain!

monkey braaaaaaaaaaaaaain!

monkey braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain!

monk…do’h

LGD

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And Christmas Story is a legit classic.

Watched that thing a hundred times when I was young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad