GDT: "You stand to win everything. Call it." (Min @ Ana, 7pm pac)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Agreed. Crazy what happens when the players stop playing his stupid system and actually have the D activate and play to our strengths instead of just grinding down low.

And you think any team in the league plays not the way the coach wants them to play? Come on. They may discuss it with the coach but in the end of the day it all comes down to the game plan.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Great defensive effort and dominant third period. Lindholm Manson and Montour all stood out defensively. First line was dominant all night too.

Now we need to get one more point then hope the kings pass us so we draw Vegas.

BiolaRunner

Jan 19, 2018
colorado isn't going to catch us. sure mathematically they could but they won't. tbh i'd be suprrised if colorado beat sj tomorrow (unless SJ already starts resting the vets).
Even if we rest the big boys we can pull out at least 1 point against dallas/arizona

SJ won't be in total rest mode. I think it's still possible for them to drop to 3rd in Pacific and lose home ice. We are 1 point behind with equal amounts of games left.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Great defensive effort and dominant third period. Lindholm Manson and Montour all stood out defensively. First line was dominant all night too.

Now we need to get one more point then hope the kings pass us so we draw Vegas.

I thought the Lindholm, Manson, and Pettersson really struggled the 1st period. Pettersson was the worst player on the ice for us. The 2nd half of the game, the top two pairs really played well though. Beauchemin-Montour was our best pairing IMO.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thought the Lindholm, Manson, and Pettersson really struggled the 1st period. Pettersson was the worst player on the ice for us. The 2nd half of the game, the top two pairs really played well though. Beauchemin-Montour was our best pairing IMO.
Pettersson played more than usual - over 16 minutes though. Didn`t saw the game yet, just pointing out. Maybe he was exposed more than he`s used to which lead for obvious mistakes?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
As for the game. Great win. Not a great first period, but we really dominated the 2nd half of the game. The only player who I thought really struggled last night was Pettersson. Lost a lot of board battles and seemed flat footed too often. I thought Brown had his best in a Ducks uniform in a while. Playing a 4th line under 6 mins a game is a joke though.

My biggest issue with last night is that with 1 minute to go, on the PK, Carlyle started both Getzlaf and Kesler on that PK. I was sure Dumba was going to wind up and Getz or Kesler was going to block the shot. If Carlyle insists on having them out there on the faceoff, whatever, but make them get off the ice as soon as they can and put Brown and Chimera out there.

To echo what I said prior to last night's game; Kesler shouldn't play again this regular season. If Colorado loses tonight, you rest Beauchemin for both games too. I don't trust Carlyle to have more than one game at a time in his decision so I imagine Kesler gets 20 mins a game both nights.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I had a hockey game last night so I didn't get to watch the game. How did we look overall?

Good overall, skated and competed well most of the game. Defense was good, Miller made the saves he had to but was never really under siege. Third line got the first two goals, although the first one was a lucky bounce. Thought the top two D pairs were good, Montour/Beauch worked out well. Welinski/Pettersson were adequate. Felt like Ducks were in complete control the entire third, Wild barely had the puck.

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I had a hockey game last night so I didn't get to watch the game. How did we look overall?
The 1st wasnt great, 2nd period looked about the same as vs Colorado and LA, but the 3rd period was dominant, I'm not sure Minnesota even had a scoring chance that was truly in danger of going in, but I could be forgetting one.
Was a pretty good game overall. Montour was a real standout for me, he was all over the ice last night.

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Pettersson played more than usual - over 16 minutes though. Didn`t saw the game yet, just pointing out. Maybe he was exposed more than he`s used to which lead for obvious mistakes?

possibly, but most of his mistakes happened in the first so it definitely wasn't a fatigue issue. Hopefully it was just an off game. I don't remember seeing him win one puck battle along the boards.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well, I see it completetly different. This team needs the defensive Kesler line and everyone of them. Silf is a 20-20 Selke caliber player if everyone is healthy. For his money thats a lot. And I think his game is even valued more in the playoffs. He is a kind of player you need if you wants to go deep.
In which world 20-20 is Selke caliber? Let alone a winger
For instance check out Anze Kopitars stat line this year

Reactions: AngelDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It just pains that we lost to shit teams :laugh: A lot from those 12 losses came against questionable opponents. That being said, I rather lose to those not the competitors, after all is said and done.
If Kesler would be even around 90% and everyone else healthy, we`d be serious contenders, imo

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I know that Wags let his foot off the gas leading up to his being traded, but I feel kinda bummed that he was one of the warriors that stepped up and helped keep the team alive during the early injuries, and now they've actually made the playoffs and he isn't along for the ride. Boo.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, Wagner is a lot better than anyone on our 4th line not named Grant.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
I’ll give you Brown. Chimera has been decent though. First quarter Wagner was better but then he decided to stop putting in a consistent effort.

I legitimately wonder if Wags just ran out of gas after the first quarter of the season. Got a ton more minutes than he was used to normally getting as a 4th liner and it’s really hard to sustain the type of effort he plays with every night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad