Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
screenshot-www.tsn.ca-2022.05.15-15_58_28.png

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit about Marchand? I mean I get it but the dude is a good player and is someone I'd have on my team.

He kept getting booed during the series and again I get it, but personally I'd save the booing for the Todd Bertuzzi and Brooks Orpik types.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah I kind of agree. If Marchand was on my team I'd love him. He's an elite, elite forward and is actually pretty damn good defensively. Great vision, great skill. He does have cheap shot stuff that I despise, but usually most of his reputation is from chirps, dives, and just getting under the skin. That's more defensible to me than Tom Wilson/Jacob Trouba headshots.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Am I the only one that doesn't really give a shit about Marchand? I mean I get it but the dude is a good player and is someone I'd have on my team.

He kept getting booed during the series and again I get it, but personally I'd save the booing for the Todd Bertuzzi and Brooks Orpik types.
He's cleaned up his game a bit in recent years (not entirely, but mostly) but he was for a long time one of the cheapest and dirtiest players in the entire league up there with Bertuzzi and Orpik. Intentional slewfoots, spearing, high hits, elbows, etc. The licking, twitter trash talk, etc. stuff is stupid but it's those types of dirty plays which are the main reason I'd never want to see him on the Canes. Also, as talented as he is, he's a hot head who loses his cool and hurts his team in big games. Hard pass even if we could add him for free right now.

But yeah this thread is pretty silly. Should've just posted this in the game 7 GDT

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
what an absolute f***ing tool.

Who's the Lambo now, asshole?

To be fair, Marchand may still be the Lambo, but it doesn't do a whole lot of good sitting in the driveway up on cinder blocks, lol. Meanwhile, the Prius is still zooming around town!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad