You have the top pick in the 2013 NHL Draft (Barkov or MacKinnon)

Who do you take 1st overall?

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
all I have to do is going on hockeydb
it's not like I've never heard of the guy

mackinnon had good seasons too

so again

it's not like barkov was playing at this level the whole time

you're giving barkov the benefit of the doubt for whatever reason while ignoring mackinnons who's playing like the best hockey player in the league

But it's not just "good seasons", Barkov has basically been playing at the same level for 3 years now. Given the higher scoring season this year, his numbers aren't really any higher than normal.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Well, do people really think Werenski is more valuable than MacKinnon or Barkov? If not I don't think Jones should be either, and yes Jones has been better this season but going forward it will be close between the two D
I don't think Werenski touches Jones defensively for another season or two at least.

Jones is without a doubt more valuable than Werenski and is the better dman. I don't think there's a single Jackets fan who will tell you otherwise.

Werenski MIGHT pass Jones someday and if he does it will be incredible.

50+ pt dmen who can provide 1D play on both sides of the ice in all situations are just as valuable as a 70+ forward who can provide 1C play on both ends. And then you factor in most dmen blossom later in their careers and it makes what Jones is doing that much more impressive

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I don’t understand why people have to hijack threads. Create a thread involving Jones if you guys want to discuss him so much. It’s a poll between two players you would consider drafting 1st overall.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This is a thread about MacKinnon and Barkov and there is a lot of Jones talk? Wtf.

I love Barkov but voted MacKinnon.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
poll on the top pick of 2013

I can definitely see why ppl would bring up Jones, not that I myself think he's top 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->