News Article: You Guys, I Think The Winnipeg Jets Might Be...Good?

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
You Guys, I Think The Winnipeg Jets Might Be...Good?

Barry Petchesky
Today 11:00am
· Filed to: winnipeg jets

nchvwfkjbmulyqxdgh0x.jpg

I feel entirely uncomfortable even noting this development, wary of some quantum observer effect in which quantifying Winnipeg’s success will cause them to go back to the futility with which the franchise has come to be synonymous. The Jets are a delicate baby bird, to be cupped ever-so-gently for fear of crushing them before they learn to fly. But, hell, let’s get this out there: They are playing some damn good hockey.

The red-hot Blackhawks came to town and got rolled last night. Josh Morrissey, Chris Thorburn, Patrik Laine and Nic Petan scored for the Jets in their 4-0 win, with Connor Hellebuyck brickwalling Chicago.

Read the rest here:

http://deadspin.com/you-guys-i-think-the-winnipeg-jets-might-be-good-1789040991

Unholy goalie

Jul 11, 2011
Interesting take. Nice to see the Jets getting some love.

Season is still early and we have a big road trip ahead that could drastically change things. Lets also not forget that multiple teams have a handful of games in hand. Stafford will also be played sometime soon.

Still... They are finding a way right now to get points and thats no small feat given their schedule. I'd be happy if we just made the playoffs.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
Winnipeg is good! Very nice depth, topped with good goaltending, solid D, especially with Trouba now and offensive fire-power in form of Scoreburn, Scheifele, Laine, Wheeler, Ehlers and many young promising players coming up.

The dark days are over for the Jets :nod:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Winnipeg is good! Very nice depth, topped with good goaltending, solid D, especially with Trouba now and offensive fire-power in form of Scoreburn, Scheifele, Laine, Wheeler, Ehlers and many young promising players coming up.

The dark days are over for the Jets :nod:

The Jets have a very good record when he scores a goal

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
The Jets have a very good record when he scores a goal

I have no inside on this but it feels like he might be that sort of a player that is important off the ice, after his career they might wanna consider hiring him as a member of the coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->