GDT: Yotes @ Sharks 730 welcome back Bakes

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
If it wasn't for those parentheses. :laugh:
I know you were as big of a Havlat fan as I was. Such a shame.

I really thought that acquisition was a great one...getting rid of a declining Heatley and picking up a player who could be the Sharks's Hossa.

He had a reputation as being injury prone but had gone three years without missing major time, so it looked like he was on the mend...and then a bad bench change, and that was it.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Jones lays another egg? Since Quick does so on occassions, I take that to mean there's a cup in Jones' future.

One good aspect about Jones over Quick, is when opponents get into Jones' kitchen, he does not respond in an unsportman like way.

The coyotes know the best chance for a win is in the shootout.

I discount that theory since the Yotes already had a point in hand. They were probably looking to force an error by the Sharks to capitalize on in OT. A good strategy, but they took it too far, imo.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The best thing to take away from this crazy ass game is that the Sharks never gave up, again, and came out with two points.

r8IF1pb.gif

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
One great thing about last night was the crowd. They went crazy for every goal and completely erupted after Donskoi tied it.

except for Thornton's goal because nobody knew what was going on lol

no indication by the Ref, no celebration by Thornton or any other Sharks, very late red light. I thought he had shot it up into the netting.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
I feel like this was the first goal we have scored with our goalie pulled in a long long time.

I wonder if there is a way to look this stat up, but we never seem to score to force OT

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I feel like this was the first goal we have scored with our goalie pulled in a long long time.

I wonder if there is a way to look this stat up, but we never seem to score to force OT

We've had plenty to force OT but I can't remember the last one with the goalie pulled.

Now, Couture finished his hat trick in New York (Islanders) with the goalie pulled, but we were still down by 1 goal after he scored.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
We've had plenty to force OT but I can't remember the last one with the goalie pulled.

Now, Couture finished his hat trick in New York (Islanders) with the goalie pulled, but we were still down by 1 goal after he scored.
Yea that's specifically what i meant. Down by 1 (or 2), pull the goalie, and score.

I found this website that tracks goals scored/given up while playing with an empty net. Unclear if this is only when pulling the goalie at the end of the game or also during a delayed penalty. MoreHockeyStats.com: Empty Net Performance stats for NHL teams

According to this, we have scored 2 this year (couture vs Isles + Donskoi vs Yotes?), 2 last year, 1 in 15/16, and 3 in 14/15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad