PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
ihlbLvk.png

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
...and the Plot thickens... Sorry, that was too easy.

Good news, more info on the guy would be much appreciated by most.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Now that the window will be open for teams to talk to pending UFAs (tomorrow), I wonder if the Pens will attempt to sign Victor Tihkonov to shore up their bottom 6 given that he and Plot & Malkin are all good friends and have experience playing with each other.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just saw the thread on the rumors board and if he is as described by those who have seen him, he and Sundqvist can really help transform their small, mushy bottom six.

chrisp200

Aug 15, 2011
First good news we have had in months...:handclap:

JR - Please don't do anything boneheadish at the draft. PLEASE!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Combine that with you calling Sutter being on the block before even the great oracle Josh Yohe and it's a goddamned wonder you haven't been tapped for DK's little ********** blog!

penguins2946*

Even if he doesn't work on Malkin's line, I think he'd still be a pretty damn good winger for Sundqvist on the 3rd line. Plotnikov-Sundqvist-Bennett sounds like a pretty solid 3rd line IMO.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Even if he doesn't work on Malkin's line, I think he'd still be a pretty damn good winger for Sundqvist on the 3rd line. Plotnikov-Sundqvist-Bennett sounds like a pretty solid 3rd line IMO.

You're forgetting Duper. All signs point to him being cleared to play by the time the season starts this fall. We've talked about the wisdom of it, but it looks like it's happening.

Still, it would be nice if we somehow managed to address our needs via FA and were able to move the usual suspects for picks and/or prospects.

Frolik/Perron-Crosby-Horny
Frolik/Perron-Malkin-Tikhonov/BB
Plotnikov-Fehr-Duper/BB
Wilson-OS-Zlobin
Farnham

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
You're forgetting Duper. All signs point to him being cleared to play by the time the season starts this fall. We've talked about the wisdom of it, but it looks like it's happening.

Still, it would be nice if we somehow managed to address our needs via FA and were able to move the usual suspects for picks and/or prospects.

Plotnikov-Fehr-Duper/BB
Wilson-OS-Zlobin
Farnham

Amen. The cost effectiveness of this move helps with the cap greatly, we can actually afford to overpay for an FA like Frolik and it won't hurt us, rather than waste assets on acquiring someone. Get rid of Sutter for a late first or 2nd this year, and Kunitz for whatever futures we can, and buy out Scuds, and I'll be pretty happy.

penguins2946*

Sound it out ...

But the Pens already have a deal in place with him it sounds like.

Plotnikov-Fehr-Duper/BB
Wilson-OS-Zlobin
Farnham

That was more of a long term thing, I want that to be our 3rd line in the future.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
But the Pens already have a deal in place with him it sounds like.

Then it's a curious choice of words with "intend", don't you think? The team can intend to do all kinds of things. What they actually do is an entirely different story. It is positive that they're looking in that direction. But given this org's history of saying things and then delivering on them <cough>Despres talk from Mario/Burkle interview</cough>, and the sketchy source I think I'll wait to plan the parade until a signed contract is delivered to NHL registry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->