Yet Another Mock Draft

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Someone told me a few years ago about "meme" patterns in thinking, which is basically the notion that one person stating a view or opinion infects the thinking of another person, and so when we hear something unusual we play with it in our minds, and then eventually we may pass off those views as our own.

A few days ago I became convinced that the Hawks would take Turris first overall, and that if they didn't they'll be crazy not to. While doing research for the rest of my mock, I realized that Doug MacLean picked Turris 1st overall in TSN's mock draft, and that this has probably infected my thinking. Therefore, I expect to be fired from my job any day now....

I hope some of you will find something of interest in the remainder of my mock. Those of you who don't find something of interest, please be kind.

2007 1st Round Mock

1. Chicago Blackhawks – Kyle Turris (like I said, Maclean has infected my thinking. Should be a very good player no matter what.)

2. Philadelphia Flyers – James Van Riemsdyk

3. Phoenix Coyotes – Patrick Kane

4. Los Angeles Kings – Jakub Voracek

5. Washington Capitals – Karl Alzner

6. Edmonton Oilers – Alexei Cherapanov

7. Columbus Blue Jackets – Logan Couture

8. Boston Bruins – Sam Gagner

9. St Louis Blues – Kevin Shattenkirk

10. Florida Panthers – Angelo Esposito

11. Carolina Hurricanes – Brandon Sutter

12. Montreal Canadiens – Keaton Ellerby

13. Toronto Maple Leafs – Zach Hamill

14. Colorado Avalanche – Mikael Backlund

15. Edmonton Oilers - Nick Petrecki

16. Anaheim Ducks – Brett MacLean

17. NY Rangers – Bill Sweatt

18. Calgary Flames – Oscar Moller

19. Minnesota Wild – Thomas Hickey

20. Pittsburgh Penguins – Colton Gillies (I don't really like Gillies, but I think his skating and size would be a perfect complement to all the skill they already have. If he's not a very good third line center, maybe he'll be a good defensive defenceman.)

21. Phoenix Coyotes - Jonathan Blum

22. Montreal Canadiens - Maxime Tanguay

23. Nashville Predators – Kevin Veilleux

24. St Louis Blues – Ryan McDonagh

25. Vancouver Canucks - David Perron

26. St Louis Blues – Lars Eller

27. Detroit Red Wings – Max Pacioretty

28. Washington Capitals – Maxim Mayorov

29. Ottawa Senators – Alex Plante

30. Edmonton Oilers – Mark Katic

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
theres no way in hell the canucks pick perron over ellers.. ellers has made it public that he's fav team is the vancouver canucks and that the canucks need fast wingers.. ellers is the ideal pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad