Yet Another Jersey Concept Thread

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Since it's the lockout... why not?

I like the set, but with a few reservations. Wasn't sure how the heritage would look if it was a red jersey instead of a black one, but I think the concept pulls it off well. Would allow a return to black as the primary. I'm not sold on red becoming an accent on the home and away. I don't think gold when I think Ottawa Senators - I think black, red, white, and then gold. I'm not sold on the shoulder patch, either. It's too... circular.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I know I have posted these in other threads like this (and btw I didn't make them) but I figured they were worth posting again. Just don't use the different coloured name plates, and use the shoulder logo on jerkstore's design instead

qeYmU.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Some things never change: I still hate the "New 2D" logo just as much as I used to. Worst logo in Sens history for me: even worse than the SNES debacle of a logo.

Otherwise, not bad.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I know I have posted these in other threads like this (and btw I didn't make them) but I figured they were worth posting again. Just don't use the different coloured name plates, and use the shoulder logo on jerkstore's design instead

qeYmU.jpg

That off-white concept is beautiful.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Philybrook

Jul 8, 2010
G-town
The new 2D is just horrible. Might as well keep the new 3D. If we ever get new uniforms, I would like to see the original 2D on a new template + the heritage jersey as a third. I think that having off-white jerseys would be cool at the beginning but I'm pretty sure we would get tired of it pretty fast.

*I like the red heritage jersey in op's post

Senacus Maximus

Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I like the ones in the OP. We really need to bring some gold back. Except that the gold in the OP is not gold enough.

Red, white, and black are great, but gold is what sets us apart.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

qeYmU.jpg

I would be okay with a home/away based on the heritage. But there should be no way we use the heritage as home, away, and alternate. At that point we're overusing it and it loses its appeal for me. A great alternate isn't just a home or away jersey with the colours swapped. A great alternate adds to the jersey collection by innovating and being unique or different.

Anyway, I also think that off-white is becoming an overused colour. It's great for a faux-throwback like the heritage jersey, but I think plain white is still better on an away jersey. The red jersey in that concept would be better if the white and black were alternated (ie as it appears in the OP).
And I'm not a fan of the heritage jersey's shoulder logos. I appreciate the thought that went into their design, I just find they're a little bland, aesthetically.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->