Yannick Weber

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
I was just looking through the OHL stats and found this guy sitting 18th in defensive scoring from the Kitchener Rangers. He wasn't drafted last year (he's Swiss, so he probably wasn't especially well known), but his numbers look good, although he is somewhat small as far as height goes (5'10", but 195 is pretty sturdy, unless he's overweight).

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/stats/player.php?id=4568

Anyone here seen him play? Could he get picked up late this year or is there some glaring flaw in his game that I can't see on the stat sheet.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Saw him three times on TV and he impressed me each time. He's a good defenceman and will almost certainly be drafted and probably not terribly late, either. I think he's ranked fairly high by CSS. I've been thinking he would go in the 3rd or 4th round, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him go higher.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
He has one of the best wristshots from the point I've seen in a while -- he needs to use it a little more.

He's learned a lot from Kindl this year, and he's played really well. About the only criticism I have is his indecision (at times) on the PP. That will improve with time and experience, so it's not a big worry.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Nice passer, Mr. Weber. Puck gets to his stick and he can get rid of it with his superb wrist strength, which as the previous poster alluded to, we see with his wristshot. Can also close the gap nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->