Yanni Gourde vs Charles Hudon

Which player is better?

• Total voters

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Gourde's numbers are quietly just fantastic for a rookie. Hudon hasn't matched them but I feel he has been a little snakebitten. Who is Gourde playing with?

Reactions: Deficient Mode

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Gourde's numbers are quietly just fantastic for a rookie. Hudon hasn't matched them but I feel he has been a little snakebitten. Who is Gourde playing with?
At the moment, Peca and Killorn. He's so far this season played about half of his time (Oct and Nov) with Point and Palat, and half (Dec and Jan) with Killorn and another player. (Most of that being Conacher)

Surprisingly he's been scoring more on the Killorn line even though Killorn is terrible (and not scoring). That's because he was moved to his natural position of center.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
At the moment, Peca and Killorn. He's so far this season played about half of his time (Oct and Nov) with Point and Palat, and half (Dec and Jan) with Killorn and another player. (Most of that being Conacher)

Surprisingly he's been scoring more on the Killorn line even though Killorn is terrible (and not scoring). That's because he was moved to his natural position of center.

Well that's surprising and impressive. I love Hudon but I have to go with Gourde on this.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hudon has mostly played on the fourth line or with Plekanec so numbers are skewed (Kinda like Gallagher and Lekhonen too.) but Gourde is having a good season nonetheless, I'd go with him.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

Hudon has been more than a little snakebitten. It's also hard to understate how great a share of the play Habs have had when he's on the ice. League leader in on-ice expected goals for percentage, and 11th in the league in scoring chance for percentage among players who have played at least 500 minutes at 5 on 5. Impressive that he's doing this on a bad team with bad defensemen and a center who adds very little offensively. Gourde is definitely having a better, more productive year though, and - like Hudon - looks like a future first line caliber player. He's also two and a half years older.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Hudon has been more than a little snakebitten. It's also hard to understate how great a share of the play Habs have had when he's on the ice. League leader in on-ice expected goals for percentage, and 11th in the league in scoring chance for percentage among players who have played at least 500 minutes at 5 on 5. Impressive that he's doing this on a bad team with bad defensemen and a center who adds very little offensively. Gourde is definitely having a better, more productive year though, and - like Hudon - looks like a future first line caliber player. He's also two and a half years older.

Yeah, Hudon is very underrated as an offensive player. He's creating scoring chances like a legit top 6 guy, the pucks just haven't found their way into the net. Both players have a very bright future ahead in this league.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Gourde's better right now, but he's also 3 years older so Hudon could definitely be ahead of him by the time he's 26.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Weird comparison. Gourde has had the better year, but I'd rather have Hudon for his better potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->