Yakopov produces point/game

Cizin

Jun 30, 2013
Ignoring all the baggage from his career, I'm happy for him that he's doing well in the NHL now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
You are right. Yak was able to produce even with Derek Roy. He just needed someone to play with. Absolut asset mismanagement. He should have played with a decent center, then produce a bit and after that traded for the help elsewhere. Actually, the Oilers lack scoring wingers
So the oilers should of made the team worse by playing Yakupov higher in the lineup, so he would be happy?

Pressure

Real Talk
Aug 11, 2005
Edmonton
Again, for the 10000th time, it was his agent Igor Larionov that was pushing his client and eventually went to the media. A young 19 year old kid being told he needed to be in the top 6 RIGHT NOW was why he had so much friction with management. Yakupov never at any point said it, he referred all that talk to IL. He was frustrated, naïve and if you know his personality you would understand. I have a soft spot for Yakupov because I know a few people that dealt with him on a personal basis his first 3 years from a business point of view. The culture shock in Edmonton was quite a bit for the guy not to mention he had trouble adjusting to the Hall-Eberle led team. He didn't want to go out to clubs and bars where they frequented for team building and we didn't have strong vets in the room to take him under their wing. There was no one but him and his family. It is what it is. Love him or hate him. I just think he got the short end of the stick without having a real mentor.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
The MacTavish era did a real number on Yakupov.

Yakupov went from a 8.5C to a 8.5F.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I still remember going to Denny's after an Oilers game and receiving texts from my friends that the Oilers were at the Rack. Then I see Yakupov walk into Denny's with some skinny, emo, European guy and just hanging out at the restaurant while the rest of the team was partying.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
I still remember going to Denny's after an Oilers game and receiving texts from my friends that the Oilers were at the Rack. Then I see Yakupov walk into Denny's with some skinny, emo, European guy and just hanging out at the restaurant while the rest of the team was partying.
He did so for a religious reason, not a moral/high-ground reason

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He’s a Muslim he doesn’t drink.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
2 games no points, -2. Actually 3 game pointless streak now, but thread was made 2 games ago.
meh, that's status quo.
wasn't like he went on a tear, and suddenly crashed. LOL

decided to look into his stats....not impressed, not sure what OP is excited about.

Last edited:

bleed_oil

Aug 16, 2005
He will probably never be a great NHL'er, but the Oilers have more than their fair share in blame on his fate. Eakins, the constant coaching changes a toxic locker room - it all came at the wrong time for Yak.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Avs back to sucking and Yak with no points again

Only 8 minutes of ice time, not a shift after the midway point of the game. Coach after the game called him out for being a "passenger" on the ice.

It genuinely sucks for Yak. He sincerely seems like a great person off the ice. Unfortunately for him he's just not a good NHL player. It's too bad that's how it worked out. But it's the truth...

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Only 8 minutes of ice time, not a shift after the midway point of the game. Coach after the game called him out for being a "passenger" on the ice.

It genuinely sucks for Yak. He sincerely seems like a great person off the ice. Unfortunately for him he's just not a good NHL player. It's too bad that's how it worked out. But it's the truth...
cue Larionov to come out to the media, and lambast the coaching, and team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->