XFL to Return in 2020

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i feel like this is not wrestling related at all, except the obvious owner.

(he promised no wwe cross-overs this time)

Reactions: ColePens

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The no kneeling thing is going to be so silly by the time the league starts in 2020. Nobody is even going to remember the anthem protests in 2020.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
"In the XFL the quality of the human being is going to be as important as the quality of the player," says the man who ran angles where he forced a woman to strip and bark.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Vince looks like hell. I assume that this is his attempt to rectify a pretty big loss on his record, but it's futile. The USFL had a legitimately good on field product at a time when the NFL wasn't nearly as big as it is now and that league played three seasons and lost (in today's money) hundreds of millions of dollars. Dropping the gimmicks is wise, avoiding players with criminal records is foolish, avoiding politics is common sense, bringing up health is laughable. None of that will matter.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
It is impossible for him to not fall back on what he knows.

if he doesnt back down and let the experts do their job its gonna fail again.
thats something they kept saying on the 30 for 30.
im sure they're begging him to not repeat the same mistakes.

i mean the guy has had thousands of bad ideas, but he's not stupid. also im not saying the league will succeed because of him not sowing his face. but lets be real... its the same talk we had 18 years ago when he announced this. people were laughing at the wrestling (wwe) connection more than anything, before the first match.

its kinda even worse today with social media and the fact that they already failed before. but i wont hate on the product because its a vince idea. il hate it because the football will probably suck, again.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Honestly even if he stays 100% out of it, it will still most likely fail.

It just won’t fail as quickly and spectacularly as the first attempt.

Not rebranding and keeping his distance from it on day one is his first mistake. The XFL brand stinks.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Honestly even if he stays 100% out of it, it will still most likely fail.

It just won’t fail as quickly and spectacularly as the first attempt.

Not rebranding and keeping his distance from it on day one is his first mistake. The XFL brand stinks.

That's another thing: what about a tv deal/advertisers?

I sure as hell wouldn't put money into a Vince McMahon business venture outside of wrestling. Add on the tainted XFL name and I wonder what network in their right mind would sign on to broadcast these games.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for sure. again its about showing a fun product.
i think not having a half time is gonna get the players tired more faster and perform even more poorly.

at least they have 2 years this time around. it does seem rushed again, but im sure they learned alot from the original creation.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Vince looks like hell. I assume that this is his attempt to rectify a pretty big loss on his record, but it's futile. The USFL had a legitimately good on field product at a time when the NFL wasn't nearly as big as it is now and that league played three seasons and lost (in today's money) hundreds of millions of dollars. Dropping the gimmicks is wise, avoiding players with criminal records is foolish, avoiding politics is common sense, bringing up health is laughable. None of that will matter.

Avoiding politics is a hilariously foolish thing. Politics is everything whether you want it there or not. That just screams safe space snowflakeism.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
They can't go with a new name as they'd constantly be referred to as 'XFL take two' by everyone. By going with the XFL name they can then rebrand at a later date when they are established and going well, at which point they'll be accept and people will go with the new name as they'll have shown they are better than the old one. If they are still a joke they'll fail and it won't matter anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad