XDefiant

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I actually think I like it alot. I say "think" because the servers are in shambles causing gunfights to often be random and you're skating around like crazy. Overall just major lag. And no 120hz mode on console right now. And lots of wasted time between matches with long loading screens.

However I love the fast gameplay and the design. They could be on to something here with some tightening up. Reminds me of old Black Ops.

Reactions: John Price
Sep 19, 2008
I actually think I like it alot. I say "think" because the servers are in shambles causing gunfights to often be random and you're skating around like crazy. Overall just major lag. And no 120hz mode on console right now. And lots of wasted time between matches with long loading screens.

However I love the fast gameplay and the design. They could be on to something here with some tightening up. Reminds me of old Black Ops.
I keep getting disconnected after every round and can't rejoin. Other than that it's another ow clone. Can't really complain about gameplay, just that the servers are shit

Sep 19, 2008
So we know this is a beta and there will be bugs but they are being fixed. The whole loadout issue not saving can be irritating but may be fixed (haven't played since early this morning)

At least I can stay connected to lobbies now

When you can actually play this game is kind of fun.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Huge W they don't have SBMM in casual modes. As it should be.

It doesn't look super pretty but it looks like it plays a lot better than the dogshit we get for COD games these days. I'm interested.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Just played. Controller feels better, but there is still some strange input lag and just overall aiming issues. Also, there still tends to be alot of ice skating and while it isn't as wonky as the previous beta in that regard, it's still there.

I also feel like the stick sensitivity is all over the place. One minute I feel you have to raise it in the settings to look around faster, the next it's like you're turning in slow motion while engaged with someone, and then it fixes itself. Very weird. I had it on on 120hz mode...maybe that's part of the problem.

I'm on PS5.

EDIT: Watching Teep play on PC with controller and his movement isn't strange

Last edited:

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The more I play this, the more I realize I don't see any diff from it's state late in the closed beta. They claim they improved netcode, and it seems a little better but it's still pretty shaky. The gameplay on it's surface seems exactly the same, but the feel on PS5 is so wonky I couldn't play this full time. And there are serious hit reg issues which could be netcode, but who knows.

Like I said above a few months ago, they really need to tighten this up. And STILL too many countdowns before anything happens. Just begin the game/end the game. Don't need all these countdowns. I guess their timer game is on point.

I wish killcams were in the beta. If they were reasonably accurate I bet they would be pretty shocking haha.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well, I'm gonna give it a try. The input lag/netcode on PS5 seemed dodgy even in the last beta after they "improved" it, but I am going to try on PC this time around.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
- Aim Assist is more consistent in this version for sure which is good

- Movement seems sluggish

- Hit detection and/or desync is still bad. In fact, it may be worse than the last beta. You inexplicably often need to put an entire magazine into someone

- Audio will cut out during firefights and come back after

- Seems like there is a a full screen borderless issue. Game will run at 10 fps unless I click on the screen with my mouse (I'm on controller). Then it's fine

- Seems to be some hitching and FPS drops in areas that shouldn't cause FPS drops. Not too bad though

I feel like this game is 90% there but they just can't get the final 10% fixed

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Probably for the best functionally, but man did they drop the ball on this release. A summer release would have been great timing for this game, but now they are into COD season. Might as well hold off until Jan/Feb just for that reason alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad