XCOM 2 - Now On Consoles

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
War of the Chosen is gonna be pretty big (although I couldnt play it on console. theres too many mods that fix/improve so many aspects of the game)

NEW FACTIONS & HERO CLASSES
Three additional factions have emerged to strengthen Earth's resistance – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own unique abilities and contrasting philosophies. These factions provide powerful hero class soldiers to aid in missions and new opportunities for the strategy layer.

THE CHOSEN
The Chosen are the most cunning enemies XCOM has ever faced, each with unique strengths and weaknesses that will be introduced with each new campaign. The Chosen are on the hunt for the Commander and will kidnap, interrogate, and kill XCOM’s soldiers to complete their objective. The Chosen can also invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations. Find and raid the Chosen’s strongholds to defeat the enemy for good.

NEW ALIEN & ADVENT THREATS
A deadly new alien known as the Spectre, capable of creating dark copies of XCOM soldiers, has snuck onto the battlefield. Adopt new tactics to counter it as well as the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest.

NEW ENVIRONMENTS AND MISSION OBJECTIVES
Engage in tactical missions across new environments from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions.

ENHANCED STRATEGY LAYER
Manage XCOM’s relations with factions and counter The Chosen’s operations from the Avenger. Employ new Resistance Orders to prioritize your personal strategy. Soldiers, scientists, and engineers can now be deployed for Covert Actions that award supplies and boost faction favor if successfully completed.

GREATER CUSTOMIZATION & REPLAYABILITY
Soldiers can develop bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks. The SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every mission provides a unique challenge. Advanced campaign options allow for finer adjustments to game length and difficulty.

CHALLENGE MODE
Utilize the perfect strategy in new regular one-shot community challenges to claim the top spot on the global leaderboard.

SHARE THE RESISTANCE
Customize and pose your soldiers, then add filters, text and backgrounds to generate your own unique resistance posters that appear in-game and can be shared with friends.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I keep getting right until the end of my games and then stopping right near the final mission which is always a slog.
Too true. I've probably played through Xcom2 2 times & Xcom1/EW 4 times. I think I've only gone through the final mission once with Enemy Within.

But I also slow play so by then I usually have a squad decked out in the best gear that is all Colonels; figure there's no chance I'd actually loose at that point anyway.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I keep getting right until the end of my games and then stopping right near the final mission which is always a slog.

The final mission in vanilla XCom 2 is really painful and then that final room is just insane.

Does the final mission change in War of the Chosen?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The final mission in vanilla XCom 2 is really painful and then that final room is just insane.

Does the final mission change in War of the Chosen?

Heh, that's where I am. :)

I've heard that if you don't deal with the Chosen they are all there together.

But I've dealt with them myself. Haven't started it yet - still cruising.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Anyone play this on Switch? I've never played any of the games in the series but it's 60% off right now so I thought I might try it out. I know there are performance issues with frame rate and the graphics are downgraded, but those don't seem like big issues given the turn-based combat.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Anyone play this on Switch? I've never played any of the games in the series but it's 60% off right now so I thought I might try it out. I know there are performance issues with frame rate and the graphics are downgraded, but those don't seem like big issues given the turn-based combat.

Obviously PC is the better version, but it really didn't lose much in the port. As you said, turn-based combat minimizes most of the downgrades to purely aesthetic or slightly longer load times. At 60% off it's an easy recommend if you're interested IMO.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I just started playing on Switch a few days ago. Not going to lie, it's pretty frustrating playing on the Switch. And yes, frame rate and graphics are pretty brutal. Trying to read stuff on the screen is blurry and can give you a headache.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Going through my 6th or 7th WotC run.

Crazy how it’s just as fun as the first time I played it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Got the complete edition of this game for 7 or so dollars on Switch but i have yet to play it. Got to get on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->