X-SHARKIES 2004 entry draft Mock draft: March

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Hello everyone. I'm going to start doing a monthly Mock draft. Much like McKeens,Redline, ISS do themselves. I encourage people to talk about this, and if you have complaints "witch I expect many" Post good reasons. Lets talk about this upcoming draft. The order of the draft is pending obviosly, but i'll go by standings. I put many many hours into this, I thought it over, And this is the way the 2004 entry draft should go IMO. Hope you enjoy!

1. Pittsburg Penguins: C/RW Alexander Ovechkin. Penguins brass are crossing there fingers and praying daily for them to win the lottery. Some of you think his stock has fallen, I don't see it. A true franchise center. He has it all folks.

2. Washington Capitals: C Evgeni Malkin: Capitals have alot of draft picks to draft for there needs, they'll take the best player available with this one. Malkin could go 1st overall in some drafts. He is mature in his game, he is very big, very skilled forward with a great head on his shoulders. Injurey wont hurt his stock.

3. Columbus BlueJackets: D Cam Barker: Klesla is solid, but the Blue Jackets need another defensman to build around. Johsnon is another good player but they need somone special. Nash and Svitov both offer enough power and finness for them to overlook Olesz. The Blue Jackets may trade down to make this pick, but I think Barker is there man. Cam is a great talent and I dont see him slipping past Columbus. He reminds me of Sergei Gonchar has has tremendous upside.

4. Chicago Blackhawks: C Rostislav Olesz: Sutter well kiss Pulfords feat for them to pick Rostislav Olesz. Olesz well fit very well in Sutters system. He reminds me of Owen Nolan a bit. Tremendous skill, and he works his butt off. Injurey wont hurt his stock much, he's a bonafide top 5 pick. Great vision, great skating ability, and physical. Chicago well love him.

5. Phoenix Coyotes: LW Wojtek Wolski: Heres where the draft gets a bit interesting, Coyotes are a team who drafts very well as of late IMO. I was impressed by there in draft in 2003 even though they lacked a 1st round pick. They have no problem taking on a project, but they want a guy with a good head. I have a gut fealing Wojtek Wolski might be there man. He has HUGE upside. He's a 6-3 205 pound LW. He has looked good for Bramton this year. He great puck skills, and one of the better all around skaters in the draft. Excelent vision with a quick release and just tremendous skill. Coyotes well be hard pressed to overlook him.

6. New York Rangers: C Robbie Schremp: Rangers need a offensive threat to build around, Sather loves taking some risks with high rewards. Robbie Schremp has the most pure skill of anyone at this point. An amazing stickhandler, with good vision and deft playmaking skills. Very deadly shot, accuracy is very impressive. Rangers can't say no_to this offensive Dynamo :) Could be the player fans pay to come see in New York, and Robbie well love it there. He's not a headcase like some make him out to be as well!

7. Carolina Hurricanes: C/RW Lauri Tukonen: Hurricanes have a week offensive front. They well attempt to improve that with this safe pick with good upside. Tukonen is very underated IMO. He has great skating ability, good size, he's very good in the corners, defensive wareness, and he simply can put the puck in the net. He's a solid passer, but his strengths are his stickhandling and his shooting. He has devoloped from a speedy sniper to a speedy sniper with an all around game. NHL ready IMO, Hurricanes should take Lauri.

8. Atlanta Thrashers: LW Andrew Ladd: I'm one of Ladds biggest fans. Andrew would work wonders with a team like Atlanta. He has been a force all year for the Hitman. Thrashers have there cornerstones in Kovalchuk and Heatly. This is a great complimentary forward who can do alot. He's not a pure goal scorer, but he has possibly the most love for the game of any prospect in this draft. He would make other players lifes much easier. He'll be a playoff force someday as well I feal. He's not a mean player, but he loves the physical aspect of the game. Has good size, and I have talked with those who have said his work ethic is 2nd to none. He sticks up for his teamates, plays a great mucking game, and is hard to contain in the corners, Drawas penalties constantly with his hard work.

9. Anaheim Mighty Ducks: D A.J. Thelen: I've been hyping up this player for awhile now, he well go top 10 IMO if he enters. Ducks might hit a home run here. He's got the size, should fill out at around 6-3 230. He skates very well, he's quick, and has excelent mobility, he is a special player. Very young and well have to be taken along slowly. His offensive game is already light years beyond players his age (except Barker) Very good transition game that puts fear in opponets. He can skate him self, he also has great vision and hits his man in stride every time with excelent passes. Very hard shot. Runs the PP very well. Defenisve game is solid: He likes to play physical, and when he's working his hardest the positioning is there. Mighty Ducks could have the steal of the 1st round.

10. Minnesota Wild: G Marek Schwarz: The Wild probally need a high scoring forward, or a stud defensman more...But with Thelen off the board and Tukonen already taken. The Wild well grab themselves the best goalie of the draft. Schwarz could go higher then this, but he doesn't fit teams needs. He reminds me alot of Mike Richter. His U20's didnt not turn me off, in fact I was impressed with him. Sure vs Canada he struggled, but he was awesome in other games. Expecially against the fins. Not a big goalie, but he plays very big on shooters and chalenges them. Witch is very effective because he plays his angles exeptionally well. He does not let in the easy goal, and makes huge saves. He rises to the occasion. He has great lateral movement, one of the quickest gloves i've seen, and he makes nearly impossible low shots to save easy with his great foot work and lighting quick kick saves. I like Josh Harding but Wild can not ignore Schwarz.

11. Florida Panthers: RW Alexander Radulov: Panthers like this player I hear. Radulov's story is simple. He's one of the most talented players his age, he's also one Stuburn fellow. To much skill to ignore here for the Panthers...Alexander just needs to mature. One of the elilte snipers in this group, he's not a strong skater, but he has hands that make most NHLers jealous. He has solid size, i've seen him play a physical game before. Radulov reminds me alot of Nikolai Zherdev. Panthers wont pass him up.

12. Buffalo Sabres: D Wes O'Neil: Sabres fans might boo me on this one, but lets be honest, your defensive corps needs this guy. O'Neil is been a player that i've watched over and over again in Green Bay and now over the Satalite dish. O'Neil is rare blend of tremendous size, very good mobility, and great hockey awareness. Sabres could use this man as there shut down defensman. He has a very hard shot, witch he does not use enough, and he has a good transition game with great tape to tape passes. He also can play physical when needed. A solid stay at home defensman, whose offensive game has yet to devolope as planned. Still a safe pick with high upside in a position of Need for the Sabres.

13. Edmonton Oilers: LW/C Alexandre Picard: I wish the Sharks could somehow land him, it won't happen though. Picard is the top rated QMJHL player this year. Oilers well love this kids skating, not a flat out speed demon, but a very lively first step and a powerfull stride. His strengths are his shooting arsenals and his willingness to go hard to the net. He well score alot of goals. Has a great shot, very accurate and quick. He also has a good frame, and uses it well. He is a good forechecker, he wins battles in the corners and in trafic areas. Defensive game needs work. He impressed me alot at the Top prospects game this year as well. Aside from Schremp and mabey Green I couldnt keep my eyes off Picard.

14. St. Louis Blues: C Drew Stafford: The Blues well need some offensive talent when the vets leave. Stafford is young, and might not be here because of eligibility rules. His game has soared after his great WJC's. Stafford may not have elite skills, but he has good size, he works very hard every shift, very good skater, good hands. He likes to hit as well, fits well in St.Louis IMO. He's not going to lead a team in goals, but could be a 1st liner, top six forward for sure that well give opponets headaches. He also has a great work ethic and is being well coached.

15. New York Islanders: D Mike Green: Some years Millburry shocks me, other years he impresses me. Still though this is a man who traded away Luongo :cry: I have a fealing he'll do good this year. He'll hit a can't miss player in Mike Green. No way is Mike Green slipping by them. He's a steal this late IMO. He is not as big as other defensman in this draft, but he's a very phsyical and smart defensman. I have yet to see him get cleanly beat 1-1. He works very well in his own zone. He has some offesnive upside to boot. A very good skater, with great agility and mobility. He has good hands and great poise. Creative on the PP, not a shot that well scare people, but the way he uses it well. Scott Hannan with a nasty side and an offensive game that is blossoming.

16. Nashville Predators : C Kyle Chipchura: Nashville gets a very good player here. He well fit in there team first scheme. He adds much needed size upfront. He has an excelent attitude, always talking on the ice, very creative, passes the puck very well, he works his A$$ off I hear. He skates very well. He has good hands, with a solid shot. He wins battles down low, and plays a very solid defensive game. A leader by example kind of player. I just watch him and think he would fit perfectly in Nashville. Not going to win scoring titles but his all around game makes him a great find this late in the draft.

17. Los Angeles Kings: G Al Montoya: He may turn out to be the next Marty Turco. He doesnt play the puck as well though. He could be a mix of Turco and Cloutier if you ask me. Everybody loves his competitivness. Backstopping a team to a Gold Medal vs Canada was impressive. He didnt budge after being down 3-1 in the third. His freshman season was probally more impressive than this year, but his team is not as strong. He is a great athlete, he has great lateral movement, he plays agressive, although is positioning is questionable at times. He makes the big saves, very mentally tough. A raw goaltender with huge upside.

18. Calgary Flames : RW Enver Lisin: He might be just to good for Sutter to say no. He works hard almost every nite. He would be well liked by Sutter after a few years IMO. Lisin does work hard. AMAZING speed. He also has shown new interest in the defensive zone with hard backchecking and his defensive awareness and intensity has drastically improved. He has a great shot as well. He really can snipe it by a goaltender. He is good along the boards, and forechecks hard witch is a must in Sutters system. He could be a Jarome Iginla kind of player. I like Lisin alot. Flames could have a home run here.

19. Dallas Stars : C/LW Johannes Salmonsson: Stars would like Lisin, but he likely won't be on the board any more. Stars like the European flavor it seems and Salmonsson would fit there needs. Aside from Miettinen they dont have a prospect with the potential to really put a hurt on teams on the scoreboard. Salmonssons stock has fallen over the past year by injuries, and from not being shown much at the U20. But he has not pouted. He's very offensivly gifted, and has good size. He's very creative with the puck, Great puckhandling ability and a good shot. He's very dangerous with the puck. He also skates very well. Smooth stride with good balance. He can make you stand up and say wow with his offensive moves. A high upside player that the Stars well take and it well pay off down the road.

20. Montreal Canadiens: D Ladislav Smid: I wish there was a powerforward available for the Candiens. There well be in the 2nd round. Bob Gainey is very smart, and wont shy away from taking the best player available. Smid is to good to pass up here. He's huge, and he's going to get bigger, he's 6-3 203 and well likely hit 215. He has incredible skating ability for a man his size, it's not all speed it's mostly mobility and smoothness. He's a very smart player. His strength is his hands. I've said it before, he has hands that make most forwards jealous. Has a great shot. Very hard and accurate. Very good transition game. He can either skate it down him self and do an end to end rush threw players, or he can make great outlet passes. With Komisarek's elite status in question, Smid could be the Habs man.

21. New Jersey Devils : C David Bolland: The Devils dont get scared away from small prospects. Although they could use some size, David Bolland has everything else. One of the smartest players in this draft by far. Great vision and awareness. Great in his own zone. He works hard in the corners. He is competitive and works very hard and takes pride in 1-1's. He has great hands as well. He has natural scoring ability. He's a special player the Devils might take a long look at.

22. Vancouver Canucks : D Boris Valabik: The Canucks well love this prospect, To those who have never seen him play, he's one MEAAAAAN 6-6 200 some pounds player. Could be massive and dominate when he devolopes and bulks up. His skating is not as bad as some make it sound. It's not good but he's working on it. Chara is a great comparison. Valibak well never be a PP QB, but could be put on the 2nd unit. He has a great shot. He was smart to come over and play in the OHL. He keeps getting better and better. Clears out the front of the net very effectivly, he's a very smart player as well. Perfect fit next to a skilled defensman. He moves the puck pretty well as well. Big upside on this guy, whose skating needs to improve,and needs to get stronger, to things that can be corrected quickly.

23. New York Rangers : D Andrej Meszaros: Rangers well likely see a few players who they loved taken infront of them. In fact I expect the Rangers to use there draft picks they have in later rounds to move up! If thats not the caes, they'll likely look for the best player available. They have added quite a few forward prospects, like Balej and Umberger. So I would think they might think defensivly on this pick. Meszaros is a general on the ice, works hard every shift, has been publically praised about his work ethic, even though he might need to improve on his gym habbits. Meszaros posseses very good size, with great skating ability. Very smooth skater with good mobility. Can get pushed around a bit though. Creative with the puck and has the upside to become a very good powerplay QB. Would work very well with Tyutin. Needs alot of work in his defensive game. Witch might scare away New York. His offensive upside is huge, and he has the body to become strong in his own zone. Lack of defensive awareness, and body positioning scares me. Adding weight well help.

24. Ottawa Senators : LW Lukas Kaspar: Mezaros could be the guy they select here if somone doesn't grab him. Lukas has been playing in the Czech extra league as of late, and has done well. He is very hard to contain. He has great puck skills, and is very creative. He has good size, skates well, very smart, throws the occasional hit. The best thing about him is his offensive awareness. A pure goal scorer at times. He gets pushed around in trafic a bit, but when he bulks up a bit more (witch he's noticibally doing) he well be a force in trafic, and he knows how to finish. Tough player to contain.

25. San Jose Sharks : C Carl Soderberg: Well I hear the Sharks are sold on Andrew Ladd who well be long gone it seems, and they love Kirill Lyamin (me 2) But they seem bent on taking a forward. I love Soderberg. He's big at 6-3 195, and when he bulks up his size could become his best asset. Sharks love a two way player, and they get one here. Soderberg is comited to defense and hustles hard, he also shows great awareness in the defensive zone. He is a goal scorer by nature, he likes to get him self in front of the net and when hes there the puck just seems to find him. He loves to shoot the puck. He shoots first asks questions later..and just has this drive inside him to score a goal. He crashes the net hard! He is a solid skater, expecially for a 6-3 man. Overall a steal this late in the 1st round IMO. Montreal may take a long look at Carl.

26. Washington Capitals: D Johan Fransson: Capitals got a stud in Malkin offensivly, I expect them to focus defensivly on there next two selections. None better at this moment then Fransson. A highly skilled offensive defensman. Loves to lead the rush, and loves to do it by him self at times. He has good straite away speed and solid balance, but I'm fussy about his lack of all compass mobility. First step quickness would help. His defensive game lacks, but it's all fixible. He has so much raw skill. Plus he's a player who keeps getting better and his defensive game is really coming along well. Learning to use his body now as well. Not a big defensman though. He moves the puck very well, he has great patience with the puck and rarely makes a bad play or a costly turnover. He has a solid shot, but his accuracy on the shot is the best thing, he has scored some impressive goals from a defensman.

27. Colorado Avalanche : G Devan Dubnyk: A team who does not rely on there prospect and devolopment system to much. Well take the best player available...at this time it's the best goalie in N.A. in his age group and thats Devan Dubnyk. He reminds me of a Shawn Burke at times. Not agressive, but his positioning is outstanding. Dont bother shooting low on him it's pretty much garunteed not to go in. He takes away the bottom part of the net so well. He's obviosly has a god given gift in his size. The net is hard to find on him when he's on thanks to his 6-5 frame. Although get this goalie moving and he'll struggle. He has solid quickness, but nothing to write home about. He can play the puck well and makes smart decisions with it. A leader on the ice, always talking and can easily be heared out there. Avalanche might want to hold onto him, but with Abby and Sauve he likely well be used as some great trade baite.

28. Edmonton Oilers : C Evan McGrath: They get to add yet another great offensive talent on this one. McGrath stock has dropped a bit, but he's still a 1st round pick IMO. He'll make the oilers very happy. He is an offensive wiz out there, he has amazing skating ability. He can also do everything in top speed. He is a wizard when it comes to stickhandling, he's very hard to contain when given ice. He is competive and has a great attitude on the ice, although he floats in the defensive zone at times. Very good at finding the open man, he reads the play very well, just simply a great offensive threat. Oilers would like to land him. He'll be around in all likely hood. Lack of size and defense is his only problems. He has the skill and the intangibles.

29. Tampa Bay Lightning : G Cory Scheider: Lighting would like McGrath probally as well. Tampa could really use a stud Goalie. I've seen Scheider quite a bit this summer. He was at a camp that the Gamblers held. I was very impressed. He also well be in College in two years. He could be a stud given time to devolope and time is somthing the Lighting have. Good size, he looks alot! and I mean alot! like Marc Andre Fleury at times. He's lanky, with amazing athleticism. He's very poised as well. Moves the puck well. He just appears to be lightning quick. Could be a steal because not many scouts get to see him, and when they do it's against weaker compition then say NCAA or CHL. I was extremely impressed with this goaltender over the summer. Although seeing scrimages is nice, it would be a treat to watch him dominate the HS games.

30. Washington Capitals: D Kirill Lyamin : Caps just added a very good prospect in Fransson. They have Eminger. They have Eric Fehr and Aulin and others ...the list goes on of good forward prospects. Although theres some very good players on board defensivly...I think they would take Kirill. I'm sold on this player, he's very big at 6-3 200 plus. He looks big out there. He moves very well, very good mobility. He has the skill, very good shot, although I wish he would listen to the croud at times when everyones yelling...SHOOOT...because its a rocket. Lyamin also is a phsyical defensman. He llikes to hit, his positioning is a bit shaky at moments, but beating him 1-1 is almost impossible. He has prefected the art of the poke check. He really uses his stick well on offenders. I like this pick alot.

Well hope you enjoyed. I put alot of work into this, and I plan on updating it threw the draft. Any comments, questions ect are more then welcome.

Last edited:

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Barker reminds you of Gonchar?

May I ask why?

And on a personal note, I really hope Columbus doesn't take Barker. I think it's a very strong possibility that they'll go after a defenseman, and Barker seems to be the best, but I am just not a fan of the guy.

X-SHARKIE

I'll edit. Gonchar and Barker both have incredible offensive abilitys. There both big defensman, with underated defensive games, both can log ice time, they both skate very well, I just think of Gonchar when I watch him play.

I'll work on the spacing though very quickly...thanks voodoo.

Hitman*

Wild will not take Schwarz. They have Harding, who might even be better than Marek. There are alot of goalies that they can pick with similar skill levels (mostly from the CHL). The last thing they'll take is a goalie. I can see them going for Mike Green myself.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Way off on the Devils....there is no need at all for size, we need a dmen in the worst way...Kadeikin and Chvatal are our only two junior dmen. Boris Valabik will not make it past NJ.

DR. Holiday

I am pretty sure McKeen's, Redline and ISS don't do monthly mock drafts as you say. Also what makes you think Schnider has been hard for scouts to see. The travel and ATTEND games so teams have seen him lots.

Last edited by a moderator:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I'm really interested to see what happens with Cory Schneider. He hasn't gotten a lot of press because he played prep hockey this year (where he finished with an amazing .96 save%) but he's joined the USNTDP's U-18 team and he'll be playing with them in the U-18 tourney next month. I can't wait to see how he does.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Overall, a nice job. I would counter that if I, as a Sabre fan, had any say in who they take, it would be Green rather than O'Neil. Which, considering their history, almost makes it a lock that they'd take Wes if he opts in. :eek: :mad: :eek:

Valabik is the other guy I would like to see them target if they can, though high teens is a bit too high and I don't see him lasting past the early 20's either....

Again, good job.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Chainshot said:
Overall, a nice job. I would counter that if I, as a Sabre fan, had any say in who they take, it would be Green rather than O'Neil. Which, considering their history, almost makes it a lock that they'd take Wes if he opts in. :eek: :mad: :eek:

Valabik is the other guy I would like to see them target if they can, though high teens is a bit too high and I don't see him lasting past the early 20's either....

Again, good job.
Good choice, Green > O'Neill

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
JasonMacIsaac said:
Good choice, Green > O'Neill

Well, I'm no scout but I can comment on what I've seen of Green and as the Sabres have a dirth of blueline talent in the system, almost no righties with any future in the NHL, and a pick around when Green should be slotted... he'd be the guy I would like to see them select.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Chainshot said:
Well, I'm no scout but I can comment on what I've seen of Green and as the Sabres have a dirth of blueline talent in the system, almost no righties with any future in the NHL, and a pick around when Green should be slotted... he'd be the guy I would like to see them select.
Well this guy is smething special, he is a faster Jovo.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
If Carolina doesn't select one of Barker, O'Neill, or Green, i'm going to be highly disappointed. We have no potential stud on defense.

Wallin
St. Jacques
Hill
Wesley
Ward
Hedican
Rourke

Best Prospects:

Danny Richmond
Matej Trojovsky
Aaron Dawson
Brad Fast
Tomas Malec

Just look at the age on the blueline there. It's ridiculous to think that in 3 or 4 years we're going to have a defensive corps that doesn't have a legitimate first pairing player on it. The prospects are decent, but there is no potential first paring player there. Also, our whole starting defensive unit is over the age of 25. That doesn't bode well for a team that is looking to rebuild.

Forwards:

Josef Vasicek
Eric Staal
Erik Cole
Radim Vrbata
Pavel Brendl
Jaroslav Svoboda
Ryan Bayda
Rod Brind'Amour
Marty Murray
Justin Williams
Kevyn Adams
Craig Adams
Jeff O'Neill

That group is SIGNIFICANTLY younger than the defensive unit. There are two potential studs there with Staal and Williams, and Vrbata, Brendl, Cole, Vasicek, and Bayda all have potential to be more than solid contributers.

In conclusion, Carolina has no choice but to go defense.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Caniacforever said:
If Carolina doesn't select one of Barker, O'Neill, or Green, i'm going to be highly disappointed. We have no potential stud on defense.

Wallin
St. Jacques
Hill
Wesley
Ward
Hedican
Rourke

Best Prospects:

Danny Richmond
Matej Trojovsky
Aaron Dawson
Brad Fast
Tomas Malec

Just look at the age on the blueline there. It's ridiculous to think that in 3 or 4 years we're going to have a defensive corps that doesn't have a legitimate first pairing player on it. The prospects are decent, but there is no potential first paring player there. Also, our whole starting defensive unit is over the age of 25. That doesn't bode well for a team that is looking to rebuild.

Forwards:

Josef Vasicek
Eric Staal
Erik Cole
Radim Vrbata
Pavel Brendl
Jaroslav Svoboda
Ryan Bayda
Rod Brind'Amour
Marty Murray
Justin Williams
Kevyn Adams
Craig Adams
Jeff O'Neill

That group is SIGNIFICANTLY younger than the defensive unit. There are two potential studs there with Staal and Williams, and Vrbata, Brendl, Cole, Vasicek, and Bayda all have potential to be more than solid contributers.

In conclusion, Carolina has no choice but to go defense.

I would think that while they do have a glaring hole in their blueline stable and it would make the most sense that if they have a player rated even that the tie-breaker be defenseman over forward, that JR might be able to parlay forwards into defensemen if he does look to move someone like O'Neill at the draft. It could rework the Canes faster if he moves him for a defenseman partially through the development process, since most of the guys we're going to see taken at the RES will be 3-5 years from being reliable nightly performers.

Granted... I have it that the Sabres need D and have put on the blinders to just about everyone else available other than the top 4 or 5 forwards who also wont be slipping to the 10-14 range where they look like they'll be drafting as of today.

:D

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Chainshot said:
I would think that while they do have a glaring hole in their blueline stable and it would make the most sense that if they have a player rated even that the tie-breaker be defenseman over forward, that JR might be able to parlay forwards into defensemen if he does look to move someone like O'Neill at the draft. It could rework the Canes faster if he moves him for a defenseman partially through the development process, since most of the guys we're going to see taken at the RES will be 3-5 years from being reliable nightly performers.

Granted... I have it that the Sabres need D and have put on the blinders to just about everyone else available other than the top 4 or 5 forwards who also wont be slipping to the 10-14 range where they look like they'll be drafting as of today.

:D

Well, the draft is in Raleigh this year and i'm sure JR is going to be looking to make a splash on draft day. However, I think there might be a public lynching if O'Neill is traded for anything besides the top pick in the draft and a shot at Ovechkin. In addition to that, I think JR is going to try to parlay his first and second rounder into moving up in position to take Barker, which would almost certainly make the crowd happy on draft day. :D

Oh well, a guy can dream.

thestonedkoala

Harding, Brust, Kettles, Korpiva and to a less extent Holmqvist and Cloutier...

Why again does Minnesota need a goalie? They'll take O'Neill or if he's not avaliable Green...and if's not avaliable Vobriak...

Hockeycrazed07

Jun 15, 2002
Buena Vista, VA
www.hockeycrazed.com
The last guy Colorado would think about grabbing is Dubnyk. If your draft predictions are right (they're not, I can all but guarantee), Colorado would most likely take Lyamin or McGrath, with a number of ourside-the-1st guys on your list. Lepisto and the like.

Look for Edmonton to take at least one keeper in the 1st.

~Crazed.

Superfluous U

Jan 15, 2004
At a Stone Prison on a Hill
Hockeycrazed07 said:
The last guy Colorado would think about grabbing is Dubnyk. If your draft predictions are right (they're not, I can all but guarantee), Colorado would most likely take Lyamin or McGrath, with a number of ourside-the-1st guys on your list. Lepisto and the like.

Look for Edmonton to take at least one keeper in the 1st.

~Crazed.

Well, easy solution there. Colorado takes McGrath, Edmonton takes Dubnyk. There are enough goalies in this draft that I can't see them using their pick for one. Dubnyk with Philly's would be great.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Fransson is not going past Montreal. Unless a big name slides which I can't imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->