Chandler Stephenson - Lars Eller - Tom Wilson
Anthony Peluso - Jay Beagle - Alex Chiasson

Christian Djoos - John Carlson
Dmitri Orlov - Taylor Chorney
Brooks Orpik - Madison Bowey

Braden Holtby

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Strome was on the 2nd line with Nuge and Looch. Guessing it's just a Letestu/Strome swap and the rest of the lineup is as was.
  • For the love of Gord, avoid the penalty box.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Wow, that Caps blueline is thoroughly unimpressive now. Yeesh. Hopefully we can withstand their still-terrifying offense and stay out of the box. Winnable game, but definitely not an easy one.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
Wow, Caps depth upfront and on the back end has took a serious hit. Shocking to see where they are now.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Need a big game here boys.

Expecting McDavid and Drai magic tonight on that D.

Special teams better get their ****ing **** together.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Tonight's win would go a long ways. Finally winning on HNIC this season , closer to .500 ...

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Saturday game....all the Caps had to do was play their backup goalie and this could have been a sure-fire win for them.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I think maybe the key to a more effective Klefbom might be to limit his minutes more. He's playing almost 24.5 minutes a game, compared to 22.5 last season. It's actually just over a 2 minute difference, which can be quite a bit if you're not used to playing that much. Then again, in his last 4 games he's played well over 25 minutes in all of those games, and he racked up 2 assists (his only points so far) and a +1, despite those huge minutes. Hell, I don't know; it's too early to say anything definitive I guess. He did have his breakout season last year playing 20 seconds or so over 22 minutes a game, but maybe he's ready for 25+? Will be interesting to me how many minutes Todd plays him tonight. Going by his past 4 games, don't be surprised to see 26 or maybe even 27 minutes from him tonight. He is incredibly well built and strong as an ox; he just doesn't play a rough style, so I really hope he has the conditioning for this pace (2 of his last 4 games he played over 27 minutes). Hope he can keep it up. Go Klef!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad