WXYT Report-FAN 590 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
vanlady said:
A even if it was 13 teams, that is still not the majority.

Well that was (at least) 13 teams against the $42.5M offer. From what EJ Hradek said, Bettman wanted to go to $45M but was stopped by the owners. In other words, the majority of the owners stands between $42.5M and $45M.

Besides, if they put pressure on Bettman to cancel the season, it's probably because Bettman wanted to save the season while the owners didn't want to conceed anything more.

Like I said, nothing good to hear if you're a player.

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
Egil said:
Your telling me that if 22 owners wanted Gary fired, they couldn't call a BoG meeting? You are living in fantasyland I think.
And also that 30 owners would stand-up in front of their fans, sympathetically apologize, then lie to them that they don't fully support Bettman as commissioner.

The owners are businessmen, and credibility is paramount to obtaining a successful business.

Next...

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
MagnusJondus said:
And also that 30 owners would stand-up in front of their fans, sympathetically apologize, then lie to them that they don't fully support Bettman as commissioner.

The owners are businessmen, and credibility is paramount to obtaining a successful business.

Next...

Actually how many actual owners did you see. Not GM's or President but actual owners?

Old Hickory

nyr4life5186 said:
They will.

www.wfan.com

I dont like Mad Dog, he's a tool when it comes to hockey. But its so much fun listening him rip Goodenow apart.
I just listened to the Bettman interview. I really liked the fact they wouldn't let him dodge questions. I hope they are doing that to Goodenow

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
vanlady said:
Actually how many actual owners did you see. Not GM's or President but actual owners?

I live in Pittsburgh, so I saw one.

Unfortunately, I haven't subscibed to NHL Press Conference All-Access through my cable provider. :)

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
vanlady said:
They can't without a BOG meeting. Why do you think Gary kept cancelling his BOG meetings??

I can see it now...

All of the owners huddled around a burning barrel to keep warm, stuffing newspaper into their shoes and cursing the day they ever heard of the name 'Gary Bettman'. OH, how they want to fire him and beat him with a lead-tipped whip for all the harm he's done to them and their shambles of a league...but Gary just won't CALL THAT DAMN MEETING. :lol

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
vanlady said:
It might be around Bettman and Goodenow. On Arthur Griffiths show this morning I caught part of an interview. The person on the phone said that 8-10 owners forced Gary on stage to cancel the season and there are a lot of unhappy owners. Normally I wouldn't post this becuase MOJO doesn't have a audio vault but a poster on Canucks.com heard the same thing. The person being interviewed felt that the next BOG was going to be a blood bath. He also said that many owners won't say anything publically because of the gag order being back in place.

Arthur Griffiths is credible and as an ex owner has freinds none of us has.

8-10 owners cannot force anything, except to nix a deal that Bettman also doesn't like. If 20 - 22 owners, wanted to be playing right now under a system closer to BG's proposal, the season wouldn't be cancelled right now.

Also, Griffiths may be credible, but that doesn't make the guy on the phone credible.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Digger12 said:
I can see it now...

All of the owners huddled around a burning barrel to keep warm, stuffing newspaper into their shoes and cursing the day they ever heard of the name 'Gary Bettman'. OH, how they want to fire him and beat him with a lead-tipped whip for all the harm he's done to them and their shambles of a league...but Gary just won't CALL THAT DAMN MEETING. :lol

Let's just say after I listened to that interview this morning I became even more convinced that Bettman's time as commisioner are numbered. Oh and if Bettman has the support of all 30 owners, ask yourself this. Why have the mouth pieces of John McCaw(Dan Russell, Arthur Griffiths and Tony Gallager) all turned on Bettman 2 weeks ago?

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
WXYT Detroit Radio 5:20pm

Re-hashing the Shanahan quote from this morning, Regner (station on air host and self proclaimed Wing insider) claiming it was his mistake that Terry Foster stated sensitive negotiations were going on.
Regner said he was on the phone with Foster right before Terry went on the air this morning and reported what Shanahan said. Regner now claiming Shanahan said to him that he did not want to come on "in case" negotiations were going on.

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
vanlady said:
Let's just say after I listened to that interview this morning I became even more convinced that Bettman's time as commisioner are numbered. Oh and if Bettman has the support of all 30 owners, ask yourself this. Why have the mouth pieces of John McCaw(Dan Russell, Arthur Griffiths and Tony Gallager) all turned on Bettman 2 weeks ago?

Because McCaw didn't like Bettman? Now is he still an owner?

Balej20*

Ok...the Bob Goodenow interview...

FIrst question was why did the players refuse to look at the numbers... Goodenow responded by saying that they did their own report 2 years ago and they knew the economics. He can assure us of that...

He says that the NHL has NOT lost $200-300 million over the past 2 years...
He keeps talking about their damn roll back.

Where are the revenue streams coming from Bob?....Goodenow says "i didnt say that havent lost money." Ok he dudged that question and ONCE AGAIN brought up
the roll back. He says the economic system in place over the past few years has been fine.

Why did it take so long to agree to a cap?...Goodenow says "I dont think it was late" HAHA. He said the players made all kinds of proposals to the owners. The players bent over backwards to accomidate the owners accoring to Bob. Goodenow keeps dodging the question of why he waited so long to propose a cap offer. He says negotiations have come to a grinding hault now.

Goodenow says linkage is a cap. He disagrees with the NHL needing a cap, because the NFL has beeter revenues...(if that makes any sense)

Goodenow is saying that hockey is a weak structure and you cant build on it, so he is now blasting hokcey as a league.

Goodenow is ripping apart Bettmans revenue sharing plan. HAHAH Goodenow is being sarcastic with Chris Russo, GOODENOW IS A JOKE, RUSSO IS KILLING HIM!!!

Goodenow is crying about poor revenue sharing in the NHL.He says revenue sharing is a NEED for any league.

Chris Russo says Goodenow has miscalculated the resolve of the owners...Goodenow says...that with the rooll back, the league would have been sucesfull this year. HE DOESNT GET IT, THE roll back is a QUICK FIX, NOT A LONG TERM SOLUTION, COME ON!

GOODENOW IS calling Chris Russo MIKE!!! AND CHRIS IS YELLING AT HIM.

I'm sorry, I hate Goodenow, i can barely listen to him, he speaks in riddles and whines the whole time.

Goodenow admits he never looked at the books, but he claims he knows exactly what is going on with the economics of hockey.Chris Russo is now killing Goodenow because the NHL players have been taking the jobs of other guys all around the world. Goodenow says there is ntohing wrong with that.

What about your solidarity of your union Bob? Goodenow says....the level of communication is extrodinary, rich, deep and daily. It has never been an issue for us. Everyone is united here. But THEN he says that "in negotitating, you do not communicate every little chaneg to everyone"

What about the players who went to Ed Snider...? Goodenow dodged it by saying :"what about the owners talking to the players"

All I have to say folks, is Bobby Goodenow just got reamed hard and he lost a lot of creditability here. Good luck Bobby Goodenow in getting any kind of good deal down the road...you are lost my friend.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
pkwjr said:
WXYT Detroit Radio 5:20pm

Re-hashing the Shanahan quote from this morning, Regner (station on air host and self proclaimed Wing insider) claiming it was his mistake that Terry Foster stated sensitive negotiations were going on.
Regner said he was on the phone with Foster right before Terry went on the air this morning and reported what Shanahan said. Regner now claiming Shanahan said to him that he did not want to come on "in case" negotiations were going on.

What an A-Hole. That really makes me feel disappointed.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Balej20 said:
All I have to say folks, is Bobby Goodenow just got reamed hard and he lost a lot of creditability here. Good luck Bobby Goodenow in getting any kind of good deal down the road...you are lost my friend.

He had credibility to lose? With who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->