GDT: WWE Wrestlemania 34 (8th April 2018)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Balor is a former NXT Champ, Universal Champ, he practically went the distance in the Rumble, and he’s a leader of a faction.

I don’t think he needs the IC Title to elevate him.

As we've seen by writing and pushes, they don't take NXT into account while writing for the main roster. Ever. They treat NXT like it's their AHL.

He should have been UC for longer but his reign was only one day so he never really got a chance to shine.

His faction is cool but it's an "internet darling" factions. What have Anderson and Gallows done since then?

He needs a long reign to establish himself as a serious player.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That was the first time I have ever watched either AJ Styles or Nakamura in the WWE and it was absolute garbage.

I hate them both now but hate AJ alot more because he doesn't even have a personality.

At least the Reigns/Lesnar fight was funny. :laugh:

That’s not fair to AJ at all. Nakamura has been underwhelming as all hell, but Styles pulls great matches out of people who have no business having them and cuts great promos. He was also an amazing heel.

PWS is reporting that Brock and Vince got into a heated altercation after the main event

apparently Brock threw the title at the wall and walked out

I wish I were a fly on the wall for that. Wouldn’t be shocked if he’s sick of being in the position he’s in in regards to Reigns for two of the last four WMs. Dude was probably thinking back to WM20 with the reactions he got last night.

Balor is a former NXT Champ, Universal Champ, he practically went the distance in the Rumble, and he’s a leader of a faction.

I don’t think he needs the IC Title to elevate him.

Plus he’s boring as hell.

On another note, would have been phenomenal for an undefeated Asuka to face an undefeated Ronda at WM35.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Only really questionable booking decision regarding storyline is Asuka losing to Charlotte imo.

I mean, no one gives a f*** about Reigns/Lesnar anyway. I question why they put it lasts so I suppose theres that too.

And they didn’t bury The Bar, but rather they put Braun OVER as monster face. IMO.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Taker wasn't doing any more then five minutes. His body is shot, which is why it was booked the way it was. Taker/Cena next year will also be a short match. Elias was brought out so Cena can get his spots in.

Asuka losing was just plain dumb. Crowd was finally coming around to her slowly and she loses to the only person outside of Rousey who should beat her. Flair didn't need to beat Asuka, she's already completely over. Asuka beating Flair setting up Rousey/Asuka next year was printed money. But again, Vince wasn't going to put Asuka in that spot. Just dumb. Asuka now is just another girl.

You guys are crapping all over a rather solid main. Power, Heyman booking at it's finest. Heyman selling the F5 building it up then Brock unleashing all those F5s is old school booking with thought put into it. It's actually a very good match. I do wonder if the hard way was an audible and I'm pretty sure that's why there was a dust up backstage. You see point blank where Brock busts him. He meant to.

Vince needs to get away from the smarks. His refusal to not always be ahead of them is killing the E the way it killed WCW, where the dirt sheets booked the big shows then they did the opposite.

Rousey and DB stole the show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just think Lesnar was pissed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the elbows were an audible, but I don’t think he went into business for himself. More like a last ditch attempt by the back to get the crowd hot, which it failed.

Lesnar isn’t used to those reactions even during this Suplex City phase. And after looking like he had a genuinely good time and gave a damn about working with Goldberg, Joe and Styles, he’s saddled with this garbage Roman stuff and the company has no idea how to do anything in regards to Roman, and thus, Lesnar got a reaction he’s not used to. Not only that, but Lesnar is a smart businessman and at this rate, he probably knows working Reigns and getting those responses is NOT good business for himself. Not like the positive responses to his Goldberg, Joe and Styles matches.

Brock puts people over and makes them look good if they match his intensity and bring it to him and make him work. See the aforementioned names I listed above. Compare that to Roman. In that sense, Lesnar is a simple dude to read and I think it’s evident how he feels about working with Roman at this stage.

The funniest part of the match was that they spent two years making it a big deal for Roman to kick out of the F5 only for the first kickout to get no reaction and all the others afterwards being met with boos or apathy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I highly doubt they decided to do blood during the match. Brock has blood in enough matches as it is when no one is allowed to do it. But everyone knows he has different rules.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I retract my earlier comments that the idea of Rousey main eventing this year would've been a dumb idea. In hindsight, it probably would've been great.
I don’t think so. Crowd would have been dead. It was perfect in its spot imo.

Imagine being Lesnar and having your finish buried the way it was last night lmao

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I just think Lesnar was pissed. I wouldn’t be surprised if the elbows were an audible, but I don’t think he went into business for himself. More like a last ditch attempt by the back to get the crowd hot, which it failed.

Lesnar isn’t used to those reactions even during this Suplex City phase. And after looking like he had a genuinely good time and gave a damn about working with Goldberg, Joe and Styles, he’s saddled with this garbage Roman stuff and the company has no idea how to do anything in regards to Roman, and thus, Lesnar got a reaction he’s not used to. Not only that, but Lesnar is a smart businessman and at this rate, he probably knows working Reigns and getting those responses is NOT good business for himself. Not like the positive responses to his Goldberg, Joe and Styles matches.

Brock puts people over and makes them look good if they match his intensity and bring it to him and make him work. See the aforementioned names I listed above. Compare that to Roman. In that sense, Lesnar is a simple dude to read and I think it’s evident how he feels about working with Roman at this stage.

The funniest part of the match was that they spent two years making it a big deal for Roman to kick out of the F5 only for the first kickout to get no reaction and all the others afterwards being met with boos or apathy.

Oh, boohoo. The guy gets paid the most to do the least work, gets a personalized schedule, can go off script when he feels like it, and holds the title for over a year without defending it; heaven forbid he should have to work with Roman.

1 like = 1 prayer.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
lesnar throwing the top of the announce table into the germans is the only think that seems to go off script and something that would piss off officials backstage.
the match was suplex, suplex, superman punch, superman punch, suplex, spear, f-5,f-5,f-5,f-5, blood, spear, f-5.
like how was this any dfferent than any other brock or roman;s matches?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Charlotte's centurions were Tino Sabbatelli, Riddick Moss and Dan Matha

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
WWE twitter says he resigned but I guess it could be either
Think the answer is his contract for compete expired today but they are paying him to work his no compete clause, which, seems plausable because he's going to be on the hook for six months before he can go back to UFC.

Again, here's hoping Vince can conjure up a decent opponent before Brock leaves. I like Roman, but it's just not him.

As much as Romans promos got a whole lot better, he really needs to stay on that level for a bit before he's handed the keys. I honestly wouldn't have an issue with Trips taking the title then redoing an updated DB storyline.

Who, besides Triple H doing a screw job finish is a viable opponent to Brock Lesnar? And even then, Trips sold so we'll to Rousey idk if even he could be that guy outside a scripted screw job.

Oct 18, 2011
If Seth Rollins and AJ Styles winning is a middle finger, then please, continue flipping me off.

Seth needed this win if he was going to stay babyface (which he should.) Seth has been lacking that signature win for a long time.

As far as AJ and Nakamura goes, you’re still getting the full feud and it likely will see Nakamura win the belt. It’s just keeping the more popular guy as a babyface. What is so wrong with that?
Actually agree about Rollins.

I think one way to heat him up is do the old Cena open challenge gimmick and just have great matches until say SummerSlam and see if he's main event over again

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Think the answer is his contract for compete expired today but they are paying him to work his no compete clause, which, seems plausable because he's going to be on the hook for six months before he can go back to UFC.

Again, here's hoping Vince can conjure up a decent opponent before Brock leaves. I like Roman, but it's just not him.

As much as Romans promos got a whole lot better, he really needs to stay on that level for a bit before he's handed the keys. I honestly wouldn't have an issue with Trips taking the title then redoing an updated DB storyline.

Who, besides Triple H doing a screw job finish is a viable opponent to Brock Lesnar? And even then, Trips sold so we'll to Rousey idk if even he could be that guy outside a scripted screw job.
There are a lot of guys in WWE currently that are viable options for Lesnar. Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan.

That isn't to say all of them should be in a program with Brock sometime this year because almost all of them have other things going on currently. But there are options outside of Roman. WWE just doesn't see it, or deem them worthy.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
There are a lot of guys in WWE currently that are viable options for Lesnar. Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan.

That isn't to say all of them should be in a program with Brock sometime this year because almost all of them have other things going on currently. But there are options outside of Roman. WWE just doesn't see it, or deem them worthy.
See, I say that after watching a Heyman shoot where he talked about opponents for Brock.

Guys like Rollins, DB, even Joe, need time to build up a great payoff, and I agree.

Realistically, Brock is going to show up...three? Four times until August? Whomever beats him needs to squash him. Those guys just can't squash Brock.

Strowman? Yes, but I might be in the minority that his run right now isn't really helping him as much as taking him completely off TV would. He basically killed a dominant tag team by himself.

Styles? I think he's long programmed with Naka which is best for the long run in elevating Naka.

Cass coming back a monster would be great but I just don't think people want to boo him (hi, Roman).

Wait....if rumors are true....things just might get a lil interesting.....

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Welp... WM fell off a cliff after the Ronda match...

Naka/Styles did not live up to the hype. Cena/Taker LOL! Usos' got shafted hard, Lesnar/Reigns was a train wreck, crowd **** all over it. Only interesting thing was Brock retaining.

My god..

Asuak/Charlotte, IC and Ronda were the only good things about Mania

Reactions: SeidoN

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Brock re-signed. theyre doing Brock/Roman Cage match at GRR

I think majority of the people agree - Reigns should have won at WM. Nobody wanted to see it but everyone just accepted it. Now they made it worse by prolonging it. Nobody will ever buy into the Reigns coronation. It's dumb. Nobody cares. Stop prolonging it and just get it over with it so we can get on with our lives. :laugh:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
:laugh:

FFkNQF9.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad