GDT: WWE TLC (22nd October 2017) - Putting the Angle back together

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Difference is the storyline let us know that pretty much the only reason Dean and Seth survived is that Team Miz got greedy and instead of wanting to win they wanted to inflict as much pain as possible. There were zero pin attempts until the end.

Also, the Kane Strowman split divided the team giving Seth And Dean a chance, as well as Angle returning.

If Reigns was there he probably would have kicked out of everyone’s finisher, beat Kane and Strowman himself, and then won the match.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's okay if Seth and Dean overcome insurmountable odds because they're good workers but booo to Super Reigns! :thumbu:

Seth and Dean would fight and then get whipped up on. It's like HBK's dying defiance to Taker. Kayfabe they fought until they couldn't fight anymore. It was Angle who made the save.

Did you actually watch the show? Because Seth/Dean didn't overcome insurmountable odds per the story that was told. Miz's team didn't go for pins, wanted to destroy them, and inevitably some of the (teased) polarizing monsters ended up fighting eachother saving the day for the shield.

I mean.. did you actually watch the story they told? If anything - you can claim Angle overcame insurmountable odds, but that's not how it was booked. It was booked in a way where Team Miz fell apart and Shield got lucky to stay alive until the numbers switched the other way. People complain so much about poor storytelling and I feel last night was a good example of solid booking and yet still people want to crap on it. Makes ZERO sense to me. That just means people will find negatives in it no matter what.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
The ending sequence saw Corey Graves claiming “just pin them and end this already” and Booker pointing out Team Odds didn’t want to end it.

That’s not Seth and Dean overcoming the odds Roman style. If anyone it’s Angle and even then he only got through half the guys before Kane took him down. Then and only then did Seth and Dean get back in the fight.

Totally different than the Roman Reigns special

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I see so much about the story of the match, and while it was fine, the execution of the match itself was still garbage. I can’t sit back and enjoy and take that in. If the entire match was ten minutes shorter and the middle part was cut back, cool, it’s much better. The way this one went though? I can’t.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
the TLC match was a mess. I give it 2.5 stars for some fun spots but yeah

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Seth and Dean would fight and then get whipped up on. It's like HBK's dying defiance to Taker. Kayfabe they fought until they couldn't fight anymore. It was Angle who made the save.

Did you actually watch the show? Because Seth/Dean didn't overcome insurmountable odds per the story that was told. Miz's team didn't go for pins, wanted to destroy them, and inevitably some of the (teased) polarizing monsters ended up fighting eachother saving the day for the shield.

I mean.. did you actually watch the story they told? If anything - you can claim Angle overcame insurmountable odds, but that's not how it was booked. It was booked in a way where Team Miz fell apart and Shield got lucky to stay alive until the numbers switched the other way. People complain so much about poor storytelling and I feel last night was a good example of solid booking and yet still people want to crap on it. Makes ZERO sense to me. That just means people will find negatives in it no matter what.
Stopped reading at questioning if I watched the show.

See ya around fella. Best of luck in your future endeavours.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
The Jesus guy and green shirt guy in the front row seemed to enjoy the main event. And so did I. I liked that they used the table ladders, and chairs frequently. Gives the ppv name some substance.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Difference is the storyline let us know that pretty much the only reason Dean and Seth survived is that Team Miz got greedy and instead of wanting to win they wanted to inflict as much pain as possible. There were zero pin attempts until the end.

Also, the Kane Strowman split divided the team giving Seth And Dean a chance, as well as Angle returning.

If Reigns was there he probably would have kicked out of everyone’s finisher, beat Kane and Strowman himself, and then won the match.

The ending sequence saw Corey Graves claiming “just pin them and end this already” and Booker pointing out Team Odds didn’t want to end it.

That’s not Seth and Dean overcoming the odds Roman style. If anyone it’s Angle and even then he only got through half the guys before Kane took him down. Then and only then did Seth and Dean get back in the fight.

Totally different than the Roman Reigns special

Stopped reading at questioning if I watched the show.

See ya around fella. Best of luck in your future endeavours.

:biglaugh: What a pathetic internet response, Natey.

Look at the 3 immediate responses to your post? Because it was clear you had zero understanding of how the match was booked. But sure - don't take ownership and just bail out. That's the common thing to do on the interwebz. Why take ownership when you can just throw up a post like that and ignore allllll the people noting the same thing. :laugh:

Reactions: McGhost Division

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Maybe its because its been a bad weekend for me, but all I know is I really actually enjoyed that PPV, and its rare I enjoy most WWE things nowadays, so I am glad I watched.

The Cesaro look after the Miz's trash speed had me smiling as well. Same with when he wasn't able to break the table. It just seemed like everyone was having fun with the match and the PPV despite the health circumstances going on.

Angle looking like a complete dork walking down with the Shield was pretty funny too, since being a dork is what really got Angle over in the first place.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I see so much about the story of the match, and while it was fine, the execution of the match itself was still garbage. I can’t sit back and enjoy and take that in. If the entire match was ten minutes shorter and the middle part was cut back, cool, it’s much better. The way this one went though? I can’t.

It's fair to not like it. That's wrestling. Some will like it. Some won't. But when someone claims Dean/Seth overcame the odds last night, boy that is way off.

I also found myself saying "wow this is really taking a lot of time" but I was okay with it. I knew some people wouldn't like it. It happens.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Maybe its because its been a bad weekend for me, but all I know is I really actually enjoyed that PPV, and its rare I enjoy most WWE things nowadays, so I am glad I watched.

The Cesaro look after the Miz's trash speed had me smiling as well. Same with when he wasn't able to break the table. It just seemed like everyone was having fun with the match and the PPV despite the health circumstances going on.

Angle looking like a complete dork walking down with the Shield was pretty funny too, since being a dork is what really got Angle over in the first place.

And the PPV hit me the same way last night. Sometimes it's nice not to watch it with outside perspective (HF/twitter/etc) because you can enjoy what you enjoy, and take a break on things you don't enjoy. I really enjoyed last night's PPV. I doubt it ages well in years to come, but all things considered - WWE delivered.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
:biglaugh: What a pathetic internet response, Natey.

Look at the 3 immediate responses to your post? Because it was clear you had zero understanding of how the match was booked. But sure - don't take ownership and just bail out. That's the common thing to do on the interwebz. Why take ownership when you can just throw up a post like that and ignore allllll the people noting the same thing. :laugh:
Lots of people hold my opinion too. But hey, we're probably all pathetic because we don't dig awful booking. :)

Take ownership... :huh:

Maybe tonight, Live on RAW, we can have Kalisto, El Torito making a surprise return, and Mustafa Ali win against the entire Crusierwight Division including a returning Neville in ULTIMATE HIGH FLYING DEATH MATCH OF DOOM IN HELL IN A CELL!

And right after that, Alexa Bliss, Alicia Fox, and Nia Jax can beat Mickie, Bayley, Sasha, Emma, and Asuka in a TLC SCAFFOLD MATCH OF DOOM!

Think of the f***ing ratings. So good. Hopefully WWE calls me and I can start booking for them.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It's fair to not like it. That's wrestling. Some will like it. Some won't. But when someone claims Dean/Seth overcame the odds last night, boy that is way off.

I also found myself saying "wow this is really taking a lot of time" but I was okay with it. I knew some people wouldn't like it. It happens.
Oh they weren't standing at the end posing and screaming? Gotcha. Must have been watching Vince vs Bret again with 800 chair shots.

Vince should have went over. They missed out on booking there.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lots of people hold my opinion too. But hey, we're probably all pathetic because we don't dig awful booking. :)

Take ownership... :huh:

Maybe tonight, Live on RAW, we can have Kalisto, El Torito making a surprise return, and Mustafa Ali win against the entire Crusierwight Division including a returning Neville in ULTIMATE HIGH FLYING DEATH MATCH OF DOOM IN HELL IN A CELL!

And right after that, Alexa Bliss, Alicia Fox, and Nia Jax can beat Mickie, Bayley, Sasha, Emma, and Asuka in a TLC SCAFFOLD MATCH OF DOOM!

Think of the ****ing ratings. So good. Hopefully WWE calls me and I can start booking for them.

What are you even talking about? You claimed Seth/Dean overcame odds and thought it was unfair because Roman does it and people complain.

Natey - you are all over the map. Your now bridging your argument into things that weren't even part of your initial post. You made a smart ass comment about it being okay with Seth/Dean overcome odds but it's not okay if Roman does it - showing you had no clue how the match was booked last night. Then you got called out immediately by 3 straight posts. Then you come back and ignore all of them and throw a smart ass comment out there.

Then you get called out again and respond with this. Talking about wrestlers/matches/etc. that have NOTHING to do with your original assessment of the booking of TLC's main event. :laugh:

Reactions: McGhost Division

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
And the PPV hit me the same way last night. Sometimes it's nice not to watch it with outside perspective (HF/twitter/etc) because you can enjoy what you enjoy, and take a break on things you don't enjoy. I really enjoyed last night's PPV. I doubt it ages well in years to come, but all things considered - WWE delivered.

The fans at the arena seemed to have really enjoyed it too. I can be a harsh critic of what the WWE does, but I definitely enjoyed that PPV. The Cruiserweight tagteam was a great match as well.

Many people disagree, but I even posted before the match started "that I hope Emma isn't squashed and they make her look like a decent opponent" and that actually happened. I was surprised. I didn't think it took away from Asuka at all and hopefully Emma starts to look better now. She still won and had some devastating moves in there.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
What are you even talking about? You claimed Seth/Dean overcame odds and thought it was unfair because Roman does it and people complain.

Natey - you are all over the map. Your now bridging your argument into things that weren't even part of your initial post. You made a smart ass comment about it being okay with Seth/Dean overcome odds but it's not okay if Roman does it - showing you had no clue how the match was booked last night. Then you got called out immediately by 3 straight posts. Then you come back and ignore all of them and throw a smart ass comment out there.

Then you get called out again and respond with this. Talking about wrestlers/matches/etc. that have NOTHING to do with your original assessment of the booking of TLC's main event. :laugh:
Lol sorry. You're right. They didn't overcome the odds. They weren't standing and posing and doing moves like nothing was wrong after 35 minutes of being demolished. That wasn't what happened. I apologize. Poor Dean and Seth don't even get to be booked strong.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is why WWE is ass. Heels are all weak p***yes who cant do anything.

You can give the lame excuse... WHY ARE THEY NOT PINNING THEM.

But why could they even stand?? How do they fight back at the end but Sheamus can't get up from 1 Angle Slam?

All good. Super Seth and Dominator Dean are good to go. They didn't overcome the odds fighting 5 vs 2 for 20 minutes and then hitting a couple moves and winning over the IC Champion.

Book him weaker. The IC title means nothing anything. Woohoo.

Keep telling me I don't know what I'm talking about though. I love it. Come on, do it some more baybay.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The fans at the arena seemed to have really enjoyed it too. I can be a harsh critic of what the WWE does, but I definitely enjoyed that PPV. The Cruiserweight tagteam was a great match as well.

Many people disagree, but I even posted before the match started "that I hope Emma isn't squashed and they make her look like a decent opponent" and that actually happened. I was surprised. I didn't think it took away from Asuka at all and hopefully Emma starts to look better now. She still won and had some devastating moves in there.
I liked the entire show till the Main Event. Everyone here did as well. Well and the pee break match.

Emma/Asuka was a lot of fun and can hopefully give a little push to Emma who is a great worker.

Cruiser Tag was great aside from the botch. Good stuff. I love Gallagher's heel gimmick.

Mickie/Alexa was pretty good. Enjoyed it.

Enzo/Kalisto was okay. I don't think either are the best workers. Kalisto is not who he was before WWE. I much prefer Hunico/Sin Cara.

AJ vs Finn was incredible. And I love that they held back a little for the future.

After that it was pretty bad. Sampson vs Jordan was pretty mediocre. TLC was entertaining trash in a Starship Troopers 2 kind of way.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

I agree about the crowd. I think they made it entertaining. They bought into even the CW tag match. Great crowd all night.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Lol sorry. You're right. They didn't overcome the odds. They weren't standing and posing and doing moves like nothing was wrong after 35 minutes of being demolished. That wasn't what happened. I apologize. Poor Dean and Seth don't even get to be booked strong.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

This is why WWE is ass. Heels are all weak *****es who cant do anything.

You can give the lame excuse... WHY ARE THEY NOT PINNING THEM.

But why could they even stand?? How do they fight back at the end but Sheamus can't get up from 1 Angle Slam?

All good. Super Seth and Dominator Dean are good to go. They didn't overcome the odds fighting 5 vs 2 for 20 minutes and then hitting a couple moves and winning over the IC Champion.

Book him weaker. The IC title means nothing anything. Woohoo.

Keep telling me I don't know what I'm talking about though. I love it. Come on, do it some more baybay.

So you hate the selling. That's fine. You've said it before. You can make that argument. But you clearly didn't understand the story being told. The story was told well. You seem to have an issue with how the performers sold it. Okay.. that's on the performers.

Whatever it is - you clearly take it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too personally. Write a letter to Dean and Seth about their lack of selling.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Meltzer had me dying

Alvarez: "Jason Jordan comes out and begins to throw vegetables...."
Meltzer: "And fruit"
Alvarez: "...at the drifter"
Meltzer: "he threw some fruit too"

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Meltzer had me dying

Alvarez: "Jason Jordan comes out and begins to throw vegetables...."
Meltzer: "And fruit"
Alvarez: "...at the drifter"
Meltzer: "he threw some fruit too"

Those are the moments I need to see behind the scenes. They are probably sitting around production meetings all week and open up dialog to the table on how to kill 15 minutes using Jason Jordan and The Drifter. Who spoke out and said "Let's get kale and celery and fire it at him!!!"

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i mean theres no way you have no fun being in the audience when people are killing each other... it was still not fun for me. btu im not arguing against the people who liked it.

like im one of the persons that didnt like the shield gear on angle. but when you saw his face. he was trying tolook all mean and stuff, but he couldnt wipe that smile off his face. i simply loved it.

i just think that if the match would have been booked the same with Roman instead of Kurt, people would be complaining more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad