GDT: WWE Survivor Series (19th November 2017) - Beast Un-Jindered

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
It blows my mind that with talent such as Balor, Nakamura, Roode, and Joe much of the focul point was on HHH, Angle and Shane McMahon.

You can’t make this shit up.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
The whole thing is to get Strowman over. This is VinceWorld, people wanted to cheer and root for Strowman as a face organically. You wanted it, you got it, so he’s gotta start running through authority figures like Danielson did, and to do that, they have to look strong.

and he can do that without trotting out HHH for yet another main event.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
and he can do that without trotting out HHH for yet another main event.
Of course could do that. You could do a lot of things. But for Vince, there is only how Vince does things, and this is the only way he does them.

Reactions: iamjs

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I still don't understand the Owens and Zayn part. You just geeked them out to Shane and Orton. Nakamura, while he got in offense, shouldn't have been the first elimination.

The whole match as well, it just seemed like rules were applied at some points, and not others. Why can Shane not use a chair in the match, but Nakamura and Roode can help slam Braun through a table. Isn't that outside interference since they are no longer in the match, and thus someone on SmackDown should be DQ'd? If there is no DQ, then why did the ref take the chair away from Shane? Not too mention, Shane was standing outside the ring for a solid 20 seconds after Orton's elimination, and didn't get counted out.

It's madness to me that none of the 'younger' guys got any sort of pinfalls over the veterans. Braun pinned Nakamura and Roode, but that is it. Balor got no pinfalls, Roode got zero, Nakamura got zero. There was also no reason for Cena to be in that match, it was painfully obvious there was no storyline for him in the match, and nothing to set up. Why not put Ziggler in there to eat the first elimination, and give Nakamura and Roode more time?

It was a very good PPV, with the exception of the main event, and it drives me crazy

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Shane and Angle easily could have been the captains of their respective teams and not been in the match. They could have accompanied their teams to ringside and played a factor on the outside. KO/Zayn still could have attacked Shane on the outside and acted as a distraction to help get another Smackdown member eliminated, and then high tailed it out of there instead of being made to look like complete losers at the hands of Super Ultra Mega Boss Man Shane McMahon.

No reason for Cena to be in this match, either. He didn't even show up on any of the Smackdown's leading up to hype the match. Just kind of showed up and did... well, nothing. You could have given his spot to Rusev and Shane's spot to Ziggler (if they were hell bent on keeping KO/Zayn off the team). Similarly, you could have given Angle's spot to someone like Elias or Bray, just allow those guys to be in the ring with all the other superstars and make them feel more credible and worthy instead of trying to convince the crowd that the only people worth caring about are the McMahons and Triple H.

So much wrong with that main event. The hilarious part is that WWE probably thinks they aced it. They accomplished everything that they actually wanted to accomplish. They made Triple H and Shane look extremely strong as authority figures and planted the seeds for Triple H/Angle and Triple H/Strowman. Job well done in their eyes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cena was only in it to sell the show. He was going to be guest ref in the champion vs. champion match before they switched the title.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Nakamura looked pretty badass taking out everyone before he got taken out by Braun so I won’t complain too much there. Hes been a little underwhelming but I thought he did okay.

My feelings on Roode are well known. I didn’t think he should have been in the match at all but I’m more okay with that in hindsight than I was someone else (More on that in a moment).

The match went down hill from there and this is where I think it went off the rails.

At this point it’s Cena and Orton (and Shane) vs Team RAW. The next three guys out should have been Angle and Shane and HHH. You could set up that match/story and moved on with Braun/Joe/Balor vs Cena/Orton which is who I thought this should have been about.

Nobody in the match was more of a waste than John Cena. For all the teases they did he had very little interaction with anyone not named Angle. They shouldn’t have even bothered with him. I thought Rusev should have been in instead of Roode but maybe he should have just been in instead of Cena.

You basically should have had two matches in one with the first half being about the authority figures and the final five guys being the young guys from RAW against the experience of Cena and Orton. Braun could have been the monster that took out Cena and Orton on his own at the end. Instead he stood confused watching HHH with the story that HHH needed guild to beat Shane 3 on 1 (despite Angle having Shane dead to rights)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It blows my mind that with talent such as Balor, Nakamura, Roode, and Joe much of the focul point was on HHH, Angle and Shane McMahon.

You can’t make this **** up.
The focal point was getting Strowman over at the end as a big time babyface. They’ve rehabbed him very well after the Lesnar loss and HHH is probably going to end up putting him over soon. That was the point of the match — he did pin Nakamura, Roode and Orton after all and leave HHH lying afterwards.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i liked the match. but everyone probably guessed how it was going to be and how it was gonna end , which is lame.

its cool if you enjoyed it, but its completly normal if not.
calling out people for that is even worse.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I legitimately enjoyed the AJ/Brock match and my belief was suspended, even if it was just a brief moment, because I genuinely thought AJ could win at one point during the match.

There were a few botches, which is probably one reason why the match wasn't as good as people thought it could be. We also know Lesnar can do more than just suplex, which is why the match wasn't as good as it could have been but it was enjoyable for me personally.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Cena was only in it to sell the show. He was going to be guest ref in the champion vs. champion match before they switched the title.
I got the vibe he didn't feel comfortable being there. It was strange to see Cena that disconnected.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I got the vibe he didn't feel comfortable being there. It was strange to see Cena that disconnected.
His exchange with Angle didn’t help, mostly due to Angle not being able to do anything anymore.

I legitimately wonder if HHH is going to see Angle’s movement and decide he doesn’t want to do a WM match with him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
His exchange with Angle didn’t help, mostly due to Angle not being able to do anything anymore.

I legitimately wonder if HHH is going to see Angle’s movement and decide he doesn’t want to do a WM match with him.

I think the spot was supposed to go to Triple H since they were stalling so much. Some speculation out there on that.

I was listening to John Pollock, and man, he really nailed it. They spent so much time in that match setting up so many different programs for Hunter. They could do Braun, Jason Jordan, Angle, Balor, Roode, any number of guys. And there's still Kevin Owens sitting out there stemming back to when he attacked Vince, although that seems like water under the bridge.

Angle did not look good at all, and I don't think he looked good in the TLC match as well. I need to see him work 1 on 1 with a full-timer for sure, but there's been nothing he's done thus far that makes me want to see some of the dream matches we've been hoping for with him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Angle is in a match at Mania, it should be against an up and comer in order to put him over. Not against Triple H in a match we've all seen before 15 years ago. But I suspect they'll probably build towards Angle vs Triple H for control of Raw or something stupid.

Meltzer suggests that the spot with Cena was in fact supposed to be Triple H, but Hunter landed awkwardly after hitting the facebreaker knee smash (can't recall on who, either Nakamura or Roode), and hurt his ankle which rendered him to the outside for roughly 15 minutes of doing nothing. That would make sense for why Angle/Cena felt so awkward and unplanned.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i feel like most WM matches should be like that with part timers. i dont wanna see legend vs legend (or whatever you wanna discribe them) . i wanna see young guy vs old guy and the (new) guy has to be over, unless there are plans tofight more than one match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->