GDT: WWE Survivor Series (19th November 2017) - Beast Un-Jindered

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Go watch that War Games match now.

Without LAW anymore, what is something that goes live w/ PPV reactions?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i feel like not many people watch nxt, period. its normal it doesnt get alot of traffic.
people not always watch live either.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
what tonight taught me: even if you're HYPED for a WWE event, don't give a damn cause you're gonna be disappointed for the most part anyways.

That main event was so ass.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
yeah WWE always finds a way to take a potentially excellent card and just ruin it

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah Angle hasn't looked good his 2 showings back with WWE. I hope his Mania match is his last. Just retire from in ring and live your life Kurt.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
what tonight taught me: even if you're HYPED for a WWE event, don't give a damn cause you're gonna be disappointed for the most part anyways.

That main event was so ass.
yeah WWE always finds a way to take a potentially excellent card and just ruin it

Yeup, I got too hyped for tonight. HOWEVER, I don't care what y'all say, I liked AJ/Brock and was happy AJ got some offence in and they had a good match. There was one teeny, tiny moment we all thought AJ might shock the world. But then we all knew it was Brock. Either way, fun match.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
But was it good? I implore people to rewatch it. It was not good. I'm glad AJ got some shots in, but that doesn't make it good. Brock's potential ability in the ring is beyond hindered. He could have great matches. There were 2 CLEAR botches and most likely a 3rd one as Brock went over the rope so awkwardly.

AJ did his best. He sold like a king. Brock sold as well as he could. I think the competitors in the match did well but were given a **** script to go out there and perform.
People did watch it. People agreed it was good.

Its just you buddy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeup, I got too hyped for tonight. HOWEVER, I don't care what y'all say, I liked AJ/Brock and was happy AJ got some offence in and they had a good match. There was one teeny, tiny moment we all thought AJ might shock the world. But then we all knew it was Brock. Either way, fun match.

AJ/Brock was great. Only Usos/Bar and Shield/New Day were better. The other matches were all average to ass.

HHH GOAT.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
i feel like not many people watch nxt, period. its normal it doesnt get alot of traffic.
people not always watch live either.
Yeah, but it just seems like the "IWC" as a whole is always down on WWE and everything the main roster does. For example, I was mildly hyped for AJ/Lesnar, but didn't care for any of the rest of the card. And you'll always hear complaints about how the PPVs are too long and yada yada.

Yet NXT constantly provides high quality PPVs with tight writing in just 2 hours and gets a third of the traffic. Feel like people are missing out if they're watching 4hrs of Survivor Series instead of 2hrs of a Takeover.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
it was no master piece. people were begging for 10 minutes since the match was official. hoping to give offence to AJ.

they did, it was fun.
never did i thought Brock would lose, but i enjoyed the match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Go watch that War Games match now.

Without LAW anymore, what is something that goes live w/ PPV reactions?

Watching now.

NXT is just a better product right now. Lots of talent. Excellent characters that are put in great feuds that make sense and actually payoff.

It is hilarious it is run by HHH who once again did the most HHH thing ever on this show. It is so anti-Nxt

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It might not be live and it might not have the call-ins but John and Wai have their own site doing their reviews still: John Pollock & Wai Ting Review
It’s been good too because they have the freedom to discuss other topics. It’s clear they’re going to land somewhere, they just can’t indulge us in specifics.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Oh yeah, I was told WWE was nothing like towards the end of WCW.....This PPV was so fricken bad WCW its hilarious. The old guys making sure they stay on top.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yet again the WWE proves that they just can't let go of 1997. Kane and now HHH both have impactful returns within a month span. What a joke.
The whole thing is to get Strowman over. This is VinceWorld, people wanted to cheer and root for Strowman as a face organically. You wanted it, you got it, so he’s gotta start running through authority figures like Danielson did, and to do that, they have to look strong.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I didn't think it was good. It BARELY reached 3 stars for me because it got better towards the end and AJ carried the entire match.

I think that's my perspective on it. I love AJ. And I think Brock can still have 4-5 star matches. Brock has looked engaged against Joe and AJ... but the booking of the match hinders it so much.

People are enjoying it because it's a 3 star match and better than the crap WWE has put out... but fail to realize how great it could actually be. So in the pile of garbage, sure it sits up top. But it's still on the pile of garbage and "what could have been".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->