GDT: WWE ROYAL RUMBLE (January 24, 2016) -- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH ‎- Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sure will.

See, I am old school. And in wrestling, the name of the game is and always will be money.

Nobody has toppled the cash cow that is John Cena in this era. Bryan can lead the crowd to do the wave, if it dont make Vince money, he isnt being pushed. End of. Reigns is actually the number two guy in merchandise sales. Do you see the trend?

Bryan was their biggest ratings draw, their consistent #2 merchandise seller when active, with certain points topping Cena, and drew a larger average attendance to his house show loop than the opposing loop which featured Cena.

So... what's your next argument? Are you going to randomly shift to Austin next after randomly bringing up The Rock and then switching gears to the money argument?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Sure will.

See, I am old school. And in wrestling, the name of the game is and always will be money.

Nobody has toppled the cash cow that is John Cena in this era. Bryan can lead the crowd to do the wave, if it dont make Vince money, he isnt being pushed. End of. Reigns is actually the number two guy in merchandise sales. Do you see the trend?

Because nobody was ****ing allowed to topple Cena. The moment anyone got close, they had their legs cut out from under them. It happened to Punk, and Bryan to an extent.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Ambrose's clothesline should be named something with like Lunatic Lariat.

I think i actually heard on smackdown once or something. Now THAT is a good name. FOH with that wacky line crap.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Merch numbers don't prove anything either. For one, Cena gets more new shirts in a year than Bryan has in his whole career. Combine that with several reports of WWE over-stocking Cena merch at live events to get him to sell more and merch numbers mean exactly **** all.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Sure will.

You're right...and Bryan outdraws everyone on that roster so..yeah.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sure will.

It is known that WWE does some shady business practices to be able to say that certain people are at a certain level in merch sales. WWE wants their guy to be the man to lead the way in merch sales...not who the fans would prefer. They do damn near everything they can to make that happen including the cutting out of their own talent's feet.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
MFW HHH wins the rumble
CZiagxnUcAAk-Ie.jpg:large

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
At the time of that segment, Bryan was #2 in merchandise so couple that in with reactions like that from live audiences. Bryan was more over.

You must be new here, you can't beat all of us in an argument that you're already lost. :laugh:
Number two? But, not number one.

Cena has been getting a bigger reaction for years. YEARS I tell you. Theres a reason why Bryans reign at the top was short lived and it wasnt injuries.

Better yet, ask anybody, if they were starting a promotion from scratch, who they want on top, Cena or Bryan. Nobody in their right financial mind is choosing Bryan over Cena.

Like Han Solo said " its true.....all of it"

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Reigns being #2 in merch is also very shady. He's very polarizing and there are several faces who are more universally loved than him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Cena has been getting a bigger reaction for years. YEARS I tell you. Theres a reason why Bryans reign at the top was short lived and it wasnt injuries.

Better yet, ask anybody, if they were starting a promotion from scratch, who they want on top, Cena or Bryan. Nobody in their right financial mind is choosing Bryan over Cena.

Go to bed, Vince.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Bryan was their biggest ratings draw, their consistent #2 merchandise seller when active, with certain points topping Cena, and drew a larger average attendance to his house show loop than the opposing loop which featured Cena.

So... what's your next argument? Are you going to randomly shift to Austin next after randomly bringing up The Rock and then switching gears to the money argument?
And theres proof where of this?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Money is everything huh? You don't even need to use DB for this arguement.

Okay, well CM Punk literally was outselling john cena when the summer of punk took off. It wasn't even close.

The Shockmaster

SHOCK THE WORLD
Jul 30, 2010

I was really doubting your argument, but you really won me over with that line.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Darth Vader is a bigger draw than Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren took off the mask and looked like an emo *********. Vader's got the look. Wait, what were we talking about?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

No, he hasn't. You're quite literally 100% wrong. No one could be more "wrong" at something if they spent their entire life working towards their one moment to get it wrong. Spending untold hours perfecting the art of "getting it wrong". They would fail, so hard, at "getting it wrong" when going up against you and the stuff you're saying.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

You like to ignore certain things just to buy into your own bs, don't you? Why would anyone starting a promotion who should be looking towards the future want someone whose drawing power has been waning for years? Cena's drawing years are behind him. Anyone starting something new right now is going to want something hot and fresh right now and not someone in that position ten years ago.

You need to get over yourself and stop arguing with everyone for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->