GDT: WWE ROYAL RUMBLE (January 24, 2016) -- WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH ‎- Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
The marks are missing the point literally everyone is trying to make; It's all about Roman.

Triple H is the best heel the company has? Why is that? Is it because they fed every last one of them to Reigns? Or outright refuse to give a bigger role like Owens?

Again. Triple H is not the problem. Triple H in the context of being used as a tool to get Reigns over, undercutting the entire roster in the process is the problem. Come mania he will job, we will still have no stars made since Lesnar is almost assuredly going over Wyatt and all the signings will bounce around the midcard, all for a ****ing Samoan Lex Luger.

TL;DR - Triple H is a band-aid that will put us in the same ****ing spot we were in before the rumble. Nothing changes.

They have literally fed 4 guys to Roman for way too long. Four solid heels and they've made them look like lower midcarders.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Where did the Rock even come from? You are claiming "the look" gets people over.

Danial Bryan one of many examples that prove this isn't true. He isn't just a hot spot. Come on now with this. He hasn't wrestled in a year and is still more over then anyone on the current roster and its not even close.
Then Lesnar?

Omg.....

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Reaching how? By stating the obvious?
Bryan had a hot spot. Rock has bed on top for over a decade. If you want to put Bryan on a certain level dont expect somebody to counter wuth reality. "Reaching" is trying to make somebody something they are not. Bryan has hot for about a year. Rock pushes ratings if advertised to this day.

How is that reaching?

Just keep digging...:laugh:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yet, Cena sells how much merch more then the next person?

Or is fan reaction at an arena being "over"?

At the time of that segment, Bryan was #2 in merchandise so couple that in with reactions like that from live audiences. Bryan was more over.

You must be new here, you can't beat all of us in an argument that you're already lost. :laugh:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Yet, Cena sells how much merch more then the next person?

Or is fan reaction at an arena being "over"?

You realize WWE has a tendency to understock certain people (especially if they get a larger cut of sales, like Lesnar)
And more often than not, Cena shirts are available round the clock, with little to no stockage of other performers, such as Bryan (Especially in kiddy sizes)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Daniel Bryan was undoubtedly the most over superstar in the entire company from about 2013 onwards. It's not even close. His reactions combined with his merchandise sales (which were really damn close to John Cena's according to Meltzer, if not, higher at certain periods) put him there. Crowd reactions... not even close.

I've never seen a poster bury themselves so quickly. lmao

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Can we take a moment to discuss what the **** ambrose's clothesline was called?

Wacky line?
Wacky. Line.
You couldn't come up with anything better than than, mitchell cole?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
At the time of that segment, Bryan was #2 in merchandise so couple that in with reactions like that from live audiences. Bryan was more over.

You must be new here, you can't beat all of us in an argument that you're already lost. :laugh:

While also having significantly less merchandise than Cena. Let's not forget just how the WWE kept Cena's merch numbers up...by cycling through so many color combinations faster than normal.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Punk also went umpteen pay per views in a row, as the champion, without main eventing until like the 10th one, before he dropped to Dwayne.

But we can debate this is more about Vince and politics, and not Punk (Summer of Punk was one of the best things going in recent years).

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Is there a way to lockdown the Wrestling forum to just like - us consistent masochistic posters and a handful of the not so consistent ones? :laugh:

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Just keep digging...:laugh:
Sure will.

See, I am old school. And in wrestling, the name of the game is and always will be money.

Nobody has toppled the cash cow that is John Cena in this era. Bryan can lead the crowd to do the wave, if it dont make Vince money, he isnt being pushed. End of. Reigns is actually the number two guy in merchandise sales. Do you see the trend?

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I just have come to the conclusion many dont know what being "over" truly means.....
Bryan is responsible for a bigger rating spike than anyone else on that roster.

Interesting how since he got hurt, the ratings have continued to drop eh? Despite the fact that Brock, Cena, many old legends, etc. have been around.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Can we take a moment to discuss what the **** ambrose's clothesline was called?

Wacky line?
Wacky. Line.
You couldn't come up with anything better than than, mitchell cole?

I heard them give it a name but I didn't actually hear the name. If that's the name... oh sweet Jesus. :facepalm::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->