GDT: WWE NXT TakeOver Brooklyn III

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I saw some people complaining on Reddit about it as well. Combine that with his reaction and you got a mega over babyfave right here.

In terms of storytelling, they need to have him face Ciampa before he can truly get a singles push. I think they way that match went last night with the t-shirt distraction and allowing Almas to win...it was well done. Almas needed that win more than Gargano did. Gargano can lose this match pre-Ciampa feud because he's "not over it" yet. If he's going to be a Bryan-like babyface...the more hurdles he overcomes, the better.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
At this point we have To admit Authors of Pain are actually good.

AOP are awesome. It was their Dusty Tag Tournament win against TM61 that sold me on them.

As much as I enjoy Sanity I didn't think Sanity vs AOP was gonna be that good, but they blew me away.

Tag team wrestling in NXT is still amazing stuff without DIY/Revival/AA

AOP are awesome and no tag matches on the main roster touch anything NXT has done for the past year and a half

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Rewatched it now.

Gargano/Almas: ****1/2
SoP/Sanity: ****
Itami/Black: ***1/2
Moon/Asuka: ***3/4
McIntyre/Roode: ***

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping Asuka would tease all three with using some of their moves. Becky hi-fived me on her way out :o

Ember needed the work on her character but she was getting over in Full Sail more in recent weeks and was way over in the building. Only match that got loud dueling chants and I thought was the match that was most over in the building. And the most intense, and I wasn't even able to see much of Ember's selling when she wasn't getting 3-counts, which watching it back was really awesome.

Black's match with KOR on NXT was better than this one with Itami, imo. Surprised to see how over it is here, Mauro and JR must have done a lot of work to make that sound better it was live. I thought Black was selling too much to Itami and they seemed more worried about putting Black over while making Itami look strong. Black's entrance was awesome, but it was the match with the least heat of the five main-show matches, and easily the worst of the five. We also had Kenny Omega next to us constantly burying the match itself, so that might be in my head.

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Another great show. I wasn't a huge fan of the main event (still a fun match) but I expected it to be a bit less exciting than the other matches. Loved how NXT reinvented itself at the end, though.
Not a single bad match, great new stories to look forward to and both Sanity and Asuka won. I'm happy.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Mauro and JR must have done a lot of work to make that sound better it was live. .

just rewatched it. certainly possible. I thought it was fantastic, JR on colour with Mauro on play by play is GOAT pair

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Were you the guy with the Giroux shirt?

No, I was behind the timekeeper 9 rows back, I had an Alexa shirt, but a Flyers hat. Becky, Sasha, and Bayley came out seated in the section next to me.

It's not like they're sitting there the whole show so don't let the fool you. The tunnel was behind me so you could see when people came in and out, although they move quick and in the dark

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I was hoping Asuka would tease all three with using some of their moves. Becky hi-fived me on her way out :o

Ember needed the work on her character but she was getting over in Full Sail more in recent weeks and was way over in the building. Only match that got loud dueling chants and I thought was the match that was most over in the building. And the most intense, and I wasn't even able to see much of Ember's selling when she wasn't getting 3-counts, which watching it back was really awesome.

Black's match with KOR on NXT was better than this one with Itami, imo. Surprised to see how over it is here, Mauro and JR must have done a lot of work to make that sound better it was live. I thought Black was selling too much to Itami and they seemed more worried about putting Black over while making Itami look strong. Black's entrance was awesome, but it was the match with the least heat of the five main-show matches, and easily the worst of the five. We also had Kenny Omega next to us constantly burying the match itself, so that might be in my head.
Omega had a big fat DUD recently. Can't say that about either of these guys.

Dude probably just wanted to see 18 more Go 2 Sleeps and Black Masks.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Omega had a big fat DUD recently. Can't say that about either of these guys.

Dude probably just wanted to see 18 more Go 2 Sleeps and Black Masks.

I didn't find him annoying, he was a cool guy, he wasn't buying into Black looking so much bigger than Itami yet being the heel. Hated Eric Young being in the tag match too since AOP was beating up someone so small.

People talking about starting Elite chants and whatnot at the show, he was the guy. He's from Buffalo actually. There was a Ric Flair cosplayer, too, don't know if he was heard from.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
My thoughts in the show:

Johnny wrestling is damn amazing and lives up to the name
Really great storytelling at the end, and a much needed win for Almas

Love the Sanity win and kudos to Wolfe who really shone in that match I thought
AOP looked impressive too
And RIP Cross on the sandwiched cross body
reDRagon hype tho

Still found Black to be a bit off at the beginning of the match, but maybe it was from his getting busted open
I wonder whose decision it was to not clean up Black though, if it was Black, H, or someone else
Definitely helped make the fight seem more intense though

Asuka vs Ember is probably the match of the night for me
Asuka is amazing and Ember had a really strong showing
That superkick after the eclipse completely had me
Didn't find a lot wrong with the match at all

Not sure why people are so down on the main event ?
It was solid for what it was
Drew looked damn good, and ultimately as much as people love Roode, that's a Roode match for you

Ultimately though
Can't wait for some ADAM COLE BAYBAY

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave said Asuka/Ember could be the second best women's match in WWE ever and I may agree, especially with my bias, do with it went actually over 15 minutes though, but I think 14, you can have that match.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Dave said Asuka/Ember could be the second best women's match in WWE ever and I may agree, especially with my bias, do with it went actually over 15 minutes though, but I think 14, you can have that match.

oh boy. it was really good but 2nd best ever? I dunno

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The competition at the top isn't that much. You've got Sasha vs Bayley, then a bunch of good but not quite great matches. So once you get past that level, you are top few by default more than anything. Still was a awesome match.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
there's nothing anyone's done on the main roster really compares to what they already did in NXT

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany

It wasn't even Asuka's 2nd best match in the WWE imo. On the other hand I do know my love for the story told in Asuka vs Nia Jax (I care more about stories and character work than about moves in wrestling) doesn't get shared by many.

It was really good, possibly great. It wasn't one of the best three or four and definitely not two women's matches in the WWE.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I didn't find him annoying, he was a cool guy, he wasn't buying into Black looking so much bigger than Itami yet being the heel. Hated Eric Young being in the tag match too since AOP was beating up someone so small.

People talking about starting Elite chants and whatnot at the show, he was the guy. He's from Buffalo actually. There was a Ric Flair cosplayer, too, don't know if he was heard from.
Never said he was annoying just that a guy fresh off a dud shouldn't be complaining so much.

Its not like Omega has never been the smaller guy. He must have really hated HBK growing up.

And Young in the tag match was great because clearly they wanted us to cheer Sanity. Young did well as the face in peril.

I like Omega .. I just think he's benefited a lot from who he's worked with. He cant carry a match like many others can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->