Aug 8, 2012
AEF
decent card. should be a good show

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I expect some big stuff, TakeOver Brooklyn has become NXT's WrestleMania and has been great.

Its really too bad Gargano vs Ciampa wasn't on this card due to injury, but should still be a solid show

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
(I was just about to re-size the images to post my thread when I check and see someone already posted lol. I'll try to not slack next time.)

I'm hyped for this show, which should be everyone's default setting for Takeovers. Brooklyn should be double hype,the Ciampa vs Gargano stuff really would have made this a massive show.

EDIT: 'cos I resized them anyway:

Welcome to NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III, the “reasonably lengthed and better quality” PPV!

bJzCNtv.jpg

NXT Championship - Singles Match
ojxtrg9.jpg

Bobby Roode (c) vs Drew McIntyre

NXT Women’s Championship - Singles Match
xIwtzpD.jpg

Asuka (c) vs Ember Moon

NXT Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Match
URpwTlH.jpg

Authors of Pain (Akam & Rezar) (c) vs Sanity (Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain)

Singles Match
pzPHmXL.jpg

Aleister Black vs Hideo Itami

Singles Match
nhfp22h.jpg

Johnny Gargano vs Andrade Almas

Last edited:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Roode vs Drew
Not high on Drew, just doesn't do it for me. He has all the tools but meh to me. He should be on SDL or Raw. Anyways Roode's entrance alone makes this at least a 3 star match. I only care about that and the final minutes when Roode wins with the Glorious DDT.

Asuka v Ember
Don't put the title on Ember. Asuka shouldn't lose here and Ember isn't the one to carry the division in NXT. Should be a decent match but wouldn't surprise me if its a bit botchy.

AOP v Sanity
Should be good match. Sanity though supposdly the heels will be the default faces. AOP is better than everyone gives them credit but they are still young and learning. Should be a fun wild sprint.

Black vs Itami
This should be Itami's swan song as he moves up to the main roster (205 live). Black will roll on and continue his push. Expect a hard hitting(or kicking) match. Black Mass for the win.

Gargano v Cien
Tough to call as both need wins and both are starting new gimmicks. I would pull the old double count out/DQ/no contest on this one and let it simmer a bit. Maybe a good time to get Garganos wife involved? I think a mixed tag could be in the future.

Card doesn't seem as hype as usual but you know NXT will deliver. Also expecting some surprises the way they have been hyping "back to Brooklyn".

Last edited by a moderator:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Drew is awesome; heck to everyone who passes him over as meh

But I admit, that Black/Itami match is what I'm most excited for

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Drew is awesome; heck to everyone who passes him over as meh

But I admit, that Black/Itami match is what I'm most excited for

I should like Drew more, but he just doesn't do anything for me. I am more excited to see Roody/Roode than Drew/Roode.

But I used to think the same about Roode but he has quickly become one of my favorites over the past year.

He just doesn't fit in NXT to me. I could see him doing well on SDL or RAW but in NXT he is so meh to me.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Yeah with the lack of Gargano/Ciampa and that scrub Drew in the title match i'm not that pumped. I know it will be a great show tho. Black/Itami will probably be match of the weekend. and the Womens match could be good, but I could also seeing it be very botchy due to Ember..... We shall see

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah with the lack of Gargano/Ciampa and that scrub Drew in the title match i'm not that pumped. I know it will be a great show tho. Black/Itami will probably be match of the weekend. and the Womens match could be good, but I could also seeing it be very botchy due to Ember..... We shall see

Asuka can drag almost anyone to at least a decent match, so it should be good.

Moon can't go over though. That will be such a bad move.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've said my bit on Asuka too many times now. She needed to go a long time ago, the sooner she's gone the sooner everyone else can actually become stars.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
As always the card doesn't seem the most stacked yet we all know by now they deliver BIGTIME at Brooklyn TakeOvers.

Itami/Black will prolly steal the show.
McIntyre/Roode will be GLORIOUS! they can have a good ole fashioned brawl fest
tag match should be fun
and Asuka is.... Asuka.... I'm at the point where like even tho I'm sure it'll be a good match, you can skip it cuz LOLAsukawins!
but I'm just waiting for her to be called up cuz... I'm getting a bit bored by her continuing to be champ.. (ALTHO I know that the womens division was devastated last year, but it's been a year....time to push new talent)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
She should go over and show up on RAW or SD the next night and start ripping people apart.

Make money with her undefeated gimmick on the main roster.

Agreed. Theres just no women in NXT that can go over and carry the division. Have her leave to find "competition" to the main roster and just kill more people

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
NXT is about the spectacle. The over top entrances, the crowd, the atmosphere.

The good match's will be there. But the show will be carried by a great crowd and guys really busting their ***** and going all out along with smart booking and ring work.

Roodes entrance alone will be worth the price of admission.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn is Wrestlemania for NXT right now. It was the first of it's kind, so it will always have that going for it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
NXT is about the spectacle. The over top entrances, the crowd, the atmosphere.

The good match's will be there. But the show will be carried by a great crowd and guys really busting their ***** and going all out along with smart booking and ring work.

Roodes entrance alone will be worth the price of admission.

Brooklyn is Wrestlemania for NXT right now. It was the first of it's kind, so it will always have that going for it.

Yeup. We all know they guys and gals will work their ***** off at TakeOver, hoping for some awesome entrances as well, Mania style. Hoping for a hot crowd (like usual)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeup. We all know they guys and gals will work their ***** off at TakeOver, hoping for some awesome entrances as well, Mania style. Hoping for a hot crowd (like usual)

That crowd is always hot. Black and Roode's entrance are worth the price of admission.

Seeing the Empress Asuka is another reason.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

:rant: Drew is amazing
Has nobody seen his indy work or am I going crazy
Why is it only Kimi (I think ?) and I backing Drew up here :laugh:

As always the card doesn't seem the most stacked yet we all know by now they deliver BIGTIME at Brooklyn TakeOvers.

Itami/Black will prolly steal the show.
McIntyre/Roode will be GLORIOUS! they can have a good ole fashioned brawl fest
tag match should be fun
and Asuka is.... Asuka.... I'm at the point where like even tho I'm sure it'll be a good match, you can skip it cuz LOLAsukawins!
but I'm just waiting for her to be called up cuz... I'm getting a bit bored by her continuing to be champ.. (ALTHO I know that the womens division was devastated last year, but it's been a year....time to push new talent)

exactly. I'm tired of no one new being pushed and having a chance....

I get the meme of lol____wins, but I still have to say
It's not a lol Asuka wins because they want her to become the face of this division or anything
It's because basically no one is at her level
Maybe this is the fault of a lack of strong booking for others (though I'd argue that considering how they made Cross look really strong)
But from what I've seen, it's just that Asuka is just on another level compared to who is currently at NXT
Which is why she needed to be called up ages ago

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm honestly not really interested in this show. Outside of Corporate Triple H vs Scottish Triple H and itami's match, i have very little care for anything else.

Asuka won't go down, not to some unknown NXT rook (at least IMO) and we all know anything gargano does until champa is back is gonna be fluff.

also the AoP are garbage so yeah, not that exciting of a card.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->