WWE: WWE in Canada [Raw/SDL in Montreal in April - International Shakeup!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm sure people would love paying extra to make up for a large chunk of floor seats that will disappear... :eyeroll

You take away AT LEAST 40% of the $400 seats with war games to get a proper configuration - probably closer to 50%. Raising ticket prices that much to make up for the cost of the seats lost on the floor, plus paying to transport an extra ring and cage structure won't cover it. Especially transporting all of that over the border.

No thank you on War Games. I couldn't care less.

Maybe you won't go but the building will still sell out in no time and for every person that wouldn't pay the price of a ticket there is someone who wouldn't think twice about it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe you won't go but the building will still sell out in no time and for every person that wouldn't pay the price of a ticket there is someone who wouldn't think twice about it.

Well no ****. It's the first PPV in 7 years in Canada and first in Toronto in 10. WWE could put a rehash of December to Dismember 2006 and it would sell out.

WWE has no need for War Games and Vince McMahon has no interest whatsoever in doing a War Games stipulation. The entire reason the Elimination Chamber was created was because Vince didn't want to do War Games.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I'm sure people would love paying extra to make up for a large chunk of floor seats that will disappear... :eyeroll

You take away AT LEAST 40% of the $400 seats with war games to get a proper configuration - probably closer to 50%. Raising ticket prices that much to make up for the cost of the seats lost on the floor, plus paying to transport an extra ring and cage structure won't cover it. Especially transporting all of that over the border.

Let's say hypothetically:

200 floor seats, 50% disappear for configurations to do War Games. You're left with 100 seats on the floor.

100 * 500 = $50,000
200 * 400 = $80,000

Even if you only lost 40% of the $400 seats, you'd still only come out with $60,000 if you change the prices to $500. To make the same amount as you would for your full floor section at $400 a ticket, WWE would somehow have to only lose 20% of their seats on the floor. Unless you shrink the ring, or move the announcers behind the stage or something like that, it's not going to work out.

Now this is just hypothetical, but it's not a show held in a stadium like Wrestlemania. WWE doesn't have much leeway with floor seating. They only have 5-7 rows at any televised show or PPV as it is on each side and more behind the commentators and by the stage. It doesn't work out because they don't have the freedom of a stadium.

No thank you on War Games. I couldn't care less.

Your breakdown of floor seat prices is fine but now take the lower bowl of ACC and add say $50. Now take all the upper bowl tickets and and $30. They come out just fine financially.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Well no ****. It's the first PPV in 7 years in Canada and first in Toronto in 10. WWE could put a rehash of December to Dismember 2006 and it would sell out.

WWE has no need for War Games and Vince McMahon has no interest whatsoever in doing a War Games stipulation. The entire reason the Elimination Chamber was created was because Vince didn't want to do War Games.

I'm not going to doubt you on Vince not wanting it then but things change over time.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Your breakdown of floor seat prices is fine but now take the lower bowl of ACC and add say $50. Now take all the upper bowl tickets and and $30. They come out just fine financially.

Factor in the cost of WWE having to bring another ring and another structure over the border and they don't come out the same way they do for a regular PPV.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Factor in the cost of WWE having to bring another ring and another structure over the border and they don't come out the same way they do for a regular PPV.

How much extra would it be to bring another ring and structure over the boarder?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I don't know the exact numbers, but it wouldn't be enough to justify losing all those floor seats.

I don't buy it. Sounds like a bunch of guessing how much a few extra trucks for one of the big 4 PPV's would cost especially if the WWE has a NXT takeover also. They would have the building for the whole weekend.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't buy it. Sounds like a bunch of guessing how much a few extra trucks for one of the big 4 PPV's would cost especially if the WWE has a NXT takeover also. They would have the building for the whole weekend.

What makes you think they want to do NXT Takeover in Toronto?

NXT doesn't generate revenue. NXT is operating at a loss but it's an essential part for the future of the business.

As for War Games, maybe you don't buy the business aspect of it, but maybe you'll buy this aspect of it: it sucks, there's no need for it, the new era should not be filled with gimmick matches we haven't seen for nearly 20 years - especially one that wasn't even a WWE creation.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

NXT doesn't generate revenue. NXT is operating at a loss but it's an essential part for the future of the business.

As for War Games, maybe you don't buy the business aspect of it, but maybe you'll buy this aspect of it: it sucks, there's no need for it, the new era should not be filled with gimmick matches we haven't seen for nearly 20 years - especially one that wasn't even a WWE creation.

If NXT ran Toronto wouldn't they do Ricoh or Ted Reeve instead of booking another night at the ACC?

And that's my question, who wants to actually see a WarGames match? I have no interest in watching many more than the match with fake Sting in it just to watch the real Sting clean house and leave.

If they were going to do that, wouldn't they just do it with a HIAC structure or a 3 on 3 elimination chamber match? Or just not do it at all?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

I just think it makes sense on the same weekend as one of the Big 4 ppv's. Maybe it doesn't happen but I think it will. I don't agree that the match isn't worth a try though. If we are going to take a look at the business side of SS weekend in toronto your personal opinion of the match or mine doesn't matter. It would gather huge interest to the show for a good portion of the fan base.

It would be a hell of a lot better then another Roman match where he takes multiple finishers,outside interference, ect.... only to use a spear and keep the title. That's much better then war games. Please.....

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
I just think it makes sense on the same weekend as one of the Big 4 ppv's. Maybe it doesn't happen but I think it will. I don't agree that the match isn't worth a try though. If we are going to take a look at the business side of SS weekend in toronto your personal opinion of the match or mine doesn't matter. It would gather huge interest to the show for a good portion of the fan base.

It would be a hell of a lot better then another Roman match where he takes multiple finishers,outside interference, ect.... only to use a spear and keep the title. That's much better then war games. Please.....

They'd just have Roman do that in the WarGames match.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If NXT ran Toronto wouldn't they do Ricoh or Ted Reeve instead of booking another night at the ACC?

And that's my question, who wants to actually see a WarGames match? I have no interest in watching many more than the match with fake Sting in it just to watch the real Sting clean house and leave.

If they were going to do that, wouldn't they just do it with a HIAC structure or a 3 on 3 elimination chamber match? Or just not do it at all?

Yeah, they'd do it in Ricoh most likely. They'd sell out the ACC too, though. The only conflict is if the Raptors or Leafs are playing on the Saturday night beforehand.

If NXT did have a show in the ACC on the Saturday before, then they wouldn't have to change much of the setup for Survivor Series the night after meaning they definitely wouldn't do a War Games in that case.

If NXT does end up touring Canada around that time, I'd expect an announcement by August or September... maybe sooner if WWE wants to make sure there's no scheduling conflicts with the Raptors or Leafs unless they'd rather run in Ricoh.

They can create a new match of their own with a new structure instead of having two rings and two cages side-by-side. I never cared for War Games like others. With the Elimination Chamber PPV being done, they can just put an Elimination Chamber match or do a six-man tag Elimination Chamber match to change things up between The Wyatts and The Bullet Club, for example (that'd be a hot Smackdown feud, btw).

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Yeah, they'd do it in Ricoh most likely. They'd sell out the ACC too, though. The only conflict is if the Raptors or Leafs are playing on the Saturday night beforehand.

If NXT did have a show in the ACC on the Saturday before, then they wouldn't have to change much of the setup for Survivor Series the night after meaning they definitely wouldn't do a War Games in that case.

If NXT does end up touring Canada around that time, I'd expect an announcement by August or September... maybe sooner if WWE wants to make sure there's no scheduling conflicts with the Raptors or Leafs unless they'd rather run in Ricoh.

That's what I figured. Book Ricoh, costs less, can sell it out and don't have to worry about the Leafs/Raptors.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I quite like the idea of a 3v3 elimination chamber match now that it's been mentioned. It'll be far less tacky than a double ring set up would be too.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I think the live event they did was a precursor to doing a NXT event at Ricoh.

It looked pretty good on camera, and it can function the way they wanted.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I've been getting back into wrestling recently after stopping post-attitude era. The product is definitely ******** but still try to watch RAW when it's on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the tickets go on sale after the July house show. I went to Roadblock and they had a presale to the house show that night.

Can't wait either way lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->