WWE: WWE in Canada [Raw/SDL in Montreal in April - International Shakeup!

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Don't try and claim those are difference sources by linking two sites.

Don't really care. Lol. Just found 2 links and put them on. Not trying to claim I'm the source master here. M.C.G said there were no rumours so here you go.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Two completely unheard of sites without citing an actual reputable source like Meltzer.

Alright, then.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Many of you guys are disappointed with the product but are still going to shell out some cash?

Night of Champions is going to be in Indianapolis 5 days before my birthday.

I'm going to do my damndest to make that show, no matter how stupid the product is.

Besides, WWE's going back to Bizarro World, so it's going to be real interesting.

S A W F T*

Night of Champions is going to be in Indianapolis 5 days before my birthday.

I'm going to do my damndest to make that show, no matter how stupid the product is.

Besides, WWE's going back to Bizarro World, so it's going to be real interesting.

Night of Champions may have to be 4 hours long after this brand split :laugh:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Probably because they've added it to their network library?

Convenient timing? Maybe to show the younger audience who's never seen war games or WCW back in the day what it's about to familiarize them with it before it happens in wwe.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Convenient timing? Maybe to show the younger audience who's never seen war games or WCW back in the day what it's about to familiarize them with it before it happens in wwe.

Dude, there have been rumours about War Games since 2008. There is no arena that they can set up in the way without losing a lot of expensive seats.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Dude, there have been rumours about War Games since 2008. There is no arena that they can set up in the way without losing a lot of expensive seats.

Maybe the tickets in the stands are more expensive to try and even it out somewhat. Also if there is a NXT Takeover Toronto they won't be hurting for money that weekend.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Or they can not do a mediocre gimmick match, and make even more money. They also won't have to build a one use cage for it or anything too.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Or they can not do a mediocre gimmick match, and make even more money. They also won't have to build a one use cage for it or anything too.

Or they could do the match and give us something different for a change. They want to talk about a new Era so do something different for a change.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
$$$ talks

Agreed. $400 seat becomes $500, $200 becomes $300 and so on. Offer that month for free for new subscriptions to the network and people will try out the network to see something wwe has never done before. The more interest generated towards the event means more money for wwe.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What's the appeal of War Games?

Just two rings with a cage around it?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
What's the appeal of War Games?

Just two rings with a cage around it?

Two teams starting with one from each team for 5 minutes. Every two minutes after another wrestler enters and so on. It used to be the match goes till someone was pinned or submitted. Since its Survivor Series and a "New Era" I don't see why it can't be modified into an elimination match till one team wins.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe the tickets in the stands are more expensive to try and even it out somewhat. Also if there is a NXT Takeover Toronto they won't be hurting for money that weekend.

I'm sure people would love paying extra to make up for a large chunk of floor seats that will disappear... :huh:

Agreed. $400 seat becomes $500, $200 becomes $300 and so on. Offer that month for free for new subscriptions to the network and people will try out the network to see something wwe has never done before. The more interest generated towards the event means more money for wwe.

You take away AT LEAST 40% of the $400 seats with war games to get a proper configuration - probably closer to 50%. Raising ticket prices that much to make up for the cost of the seats lost on the floor, plus paying to transport an extra ring and cage structure won't cover it. Especially transporting all of that over the border.

Let's say hypothetically:

200 floor seats, 50% disappear for configurations to do War Games. You're left with 100 seats on the floor.

100 * 500 = $50,000
200 * 400 = $80,000

Even if you only lost 40% of the $400 seats, you'd still only come out with $60,000 if you change the prices to $500. To make the same amount as you would for your full floor section at $400 a ticket, WWE would somehow have to only lose 20% of their seats on the floor. Unless you shrink the ring, or move the announcers behind the stage or something like that, it's not going to work out.

Now this is just hypothetical, but it's not a show held in a stadium like Wrestlemania. WWE doesn't have much leeway with floor seating. They only have 5-7 rows at any televised show or PPV as it is on each side and more behind the commentators and by the stage. It doesn't work out because they don't have the freedom of a stadium.

Those hypothetical scenarios are just for floor seating, but it shows WWE is better off not raising the prices across the board and just sticking to a traditional show without an old gimmick that isn't necessary at all. Factor in the exchange rate and whatnot and Canadians will be paying more for a PPV seat anyways.

No thank you on War Games. I couldn't care less.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->