WWE: WWE in Canada [Raw/SDL in Montreal in April - International Shakeup!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
New Day vs. The Bar seems poised to happen. After the way The Usos were destroyed with this shitty BB program, I wouldn’t be surprised if SAnitY attacks BB.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sadly they’ll probably be back for TV in like...12-18 months, which is a shame because the shows always sell out and the crowds are always post-WM Raw levels, if not better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Almas already debut in the actual Rumble in January.
Went over half an hour, too.

I would absolutely love to do a PPV weekend in Montreal. They made it look absolutely stupid when they go to small towns for TV and get no reactions. Oh my god, could you imagine a Takeover on Montreal? Especially if they had a hometown guy/girl on the card? I don't know off-hand who is the biggest Quebecer still out there on the indies is, but it would be awesome.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I would absolutely love to do a PPV weekend in Montreal. They made it look absolutely stupid when they go to small towns for TV and get no reactions. Oh my god, could you imagine a Takeover on Montreal? Especially if they had a hometown guy/girl on the card? I don't know off-hand who is the biggest Quebecer still out there on the indies is, but it would be awesome.

i dont know that myself. my favorites is Mike Bailey. he's pretty insane and known. he works alot in the UK.
Big Magic (he was part of the jobbers who lost to APA on monday)
and a kid called matt angel.
but Tabarnack de Team might be the most populars and made their names. (did impact this year and they conga lined No way Jose on monday. theres a chance lol.)

would love to have the ppv+nxt+raw+sd because the fans are awesome but yeah personally just nxt would be ideal.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't know if any of the bigger indy names are from there, but there's probably someone. I don't follow any promotions from there to know anyone who's only local.

But a note on Mike Bailey. He's awesome, but he's banned from america. Which is why he works in the UK and on the continent a lot.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
yeah. not sure about his status. i know he f***ed up and didnt file the right papers at least once to work in the U.S. but i believe it was a long time ago. but i dont know how this works...

indeed sucks for him, cuz he's amazing indeed.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He was banned for five years, so he should be allowed back in 2021.

But on the plus side, he'll only be 30 at that point, so it's not like he's completely missed his chance at WWE or where ever at all.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
good to know. i personally had no clue. it seems like a really long time ago when i heard those news. cuz its one of the few guys i really like and follow

he's legit. has his judo/karate gimmick going.
maybe not the best on the mic, but he isnt shy either when he has to talk. big things for his future when you look at his age and good experience with his time overseas.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Montreal APRIL 15/16 -RAW+SD INTERNATIONAL SHAKE UP.

747CC5CC-56A1-4BA7-B510-E9C1AB932895.jpeg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
So in three months, we're STILL going to see Strowman vs Corbin.

Fantastic. :banghead:
card subject to change, but yeah, most likely tbh lmao

nice to see WWE cares about Canada again. That time period from like 2010-2014 or 2015 when they rarely did TV here was stupid

now Montreal has back-to-back Raw and SD, and Toronto is getting NXT, Summerslam, Raw and SD in the summer

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
We sold out both shows last years. Even uk televised shows were low last year.
It’s a good market that I wish they would explore more for selfish reasons.
( I know Toronto is bigger but Montreal is fun)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
We sold out both shows last years. Even uk televised shows were low last year.
It’s a good market that I wish they would explore more for selfish reasons.
( I know Toronto is bigger but Montreal is fun)

Well Kevin Owens will bring the house down, no doubt.

Are there any Quebecois divas, aside from Maryse?

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
just Sami and the new guys from nxt. there was vanessa Kraven at the Mae Young.
while Quebequers love their people. we would still sell out most likely.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That poster looks like it was made with MS Paint.

I would very much like for Montreal to get one of these big PPV weekends and I aspire to make a trip for it.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Took me two pages to realize this post was made in 2016. I was like "Wtf. Takeover Toronto happened 2 1/2 years ago." Hahahaha

Reactions: CPTN71

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Takeover Toronto is happening again with Summerslam.

But Yeah old thread.
Raw/SD is happening before. So I was just posting this for now

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They just advertised the shakeups as “two nights where Raw and Smackdown superstars collide” like it’s Bragging Rights lol

Reactions: Cor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->