GDT: WWE Backlash (6th May 2018)

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Roman is pretty damn good. It's the company that sucks. Can't hate on a guy for the way he's booked to act.

Don't believe that? Two of the top 5 wrestlers in the world just put on a stinker two matches before that.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
The Miz just cut a promo on Tummy time. Someone get this guy the WWE title

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
So let me get this straight.

Roman can kick out of a gazillion F5's

Lesnar can kick out of spears and superman punches

Joe takes one spear and he's done.

Yeah, way to waste Joe, I guess this is to push the story line of Lesnar and Reigns not about making Joe a viable player.

This PPV was actually a poorly booked Raw, or Monday Night heat.

Reactions: Fro

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Roman is pretty damn good. It's the company that sucks. Can't hate on a guy for the way he's booked to act.

Don't believe that? Two of the top 5 wrestlers in the world just put on a stinker two matches before that.
Roman is average at his very, very best.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Yeah, way to waste Joe, I guess this is to push the story line of Lesnar and Reigns not about making Joe a viable player.

Joe is the new Bray Wyatt.

Good heel who cuts a great promo. Constantly used to put over the babyface until nobody buys into him anymore and he slips into mediocrity.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Joe is the new Bray Wyatt.

Good heel who cuts a great promo. Constantly used to put over the babyface until nobody buys into him anymore and he slips into mediocrity.

Wonder when the ninja's show up to kidnap him again for new reason. Except this time when he comes back he'll have lost a bunch of weight and they'll repackage him a opening match tough talking superstar Glass Joe.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Not to mention Joe had the sleeper in for like 2 minutes and then Roman immediately pops up and does his usual shit.

Just so f***ing done with that guy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agnew has Dan Lovoranski on tonight so it does sound like the LAW

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Meltzer just said on the Agnew show executives at WWE are getting bonuses for the more hours subscribers watch.

This explains this crap tonight.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer just said on the Agnew show executives at WWE are getting bonuses for the more hours subscribers watch.

This explains this crap tonight.
Oh god, more of this crap then. Soon every show will be 7-11:30 and Summerslam, Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania will be 6-8 hours.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Fear not. Tomorrow night they'll have it edited where when Roman gets the pin they'll cut to this:

giphy.gif

"See everybody loves it!"

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Decided to watch the main event... Maybe I'm a masochist or something...

1. Are they really fooling anybody when they blatantly turn up Roman's music and turn down the audience?

2. Somebody tell Michael Cole that when 85/15 doesn't classify you as a "Polarizing figure".

3. If you're going to hate on Roman for that match, you can't not hate on Joe as well. Joe spent 10 minutes applying rest holds. Realistically we know both are way, WAY better than that, so it's likely the fault of whatever moron produced it.

4. Speaking of the moron producer, the only sense I can make of that match layout is that they thought Joe doing 10 minutes of rest holds would wear the audience down so much that they'd pop when Roman made his comeback just because something was happening. That in itself is completely non-sensical.

Feb 24, 2017
Wonder when the ninja's show up to kidnap him again for new reason. Except this time when he comes back he'll have lost a bunch of weight and they'll repackage him a opening match tough talking superstar Glass Joe.
I got an honest laugh at the glass joe reference.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also why needlessly weaken Joe's finisher for this match? What does that accomplish outside of hurting Joe?

Even in the Brock match took steps to protect Joe in defeat.

Roman popping up fresh as a daisy is Hogan levels of byllshit

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The WWE really should have called an audible, the crowd completely turned on the event at the end of the Nak AJ match where they pretty much boo'd the ending out of the building.

At that point you almost have to give the fans something to go home happy.

I mean frankly Backlash is a secondary ppv, so at that point you go to Joe and Roman and tell Joe to do something horrible to get himself dq'd that way you protect both wrestlers, and you can continue the Joe vs Reigns feud.

Also after the double countout the tag match did nothing to win the fans back.

But thank god they didn't have the AJ Nak no DQ no countout coutout due to a double sack attack ending as the final match of the night, the fans might have rushed the ring and not in a good way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad