Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Phillip Grubauer Washington (1 year, $1.5M)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Freaking steal for quite possibly one of the leagues best backups. I think they gave him a prove it without the best defense in the NHL contract because he still has RFA time left. If he nails it again then maybe they pay him. Maybe the plan is to give him some extra time pre-deadline and if he really does well with a less than awesome defense he's massive trade bait because of the low risk contract.

That said, I love Grubi and he's a fan favorite and quite possibly the best backup we've had in DC since Craig Billington/Brent Johnson(pick your poison) lol... I mean we've had multiple young guys all fighting for time at once..Varlamov, Neuvirth and Holtby but nobody was classified as the backup during those times. It was whoever is hot is starting.

Grubi will be a NHL starter one day and a successful one. He won't be on the Vezina level but he'll be a 15-20 best goaltender list one day.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Freaking steal for quite possibly one of the leagues best backups. I think they gave him a prove it without the best defense in the NHL contract because he still has RFA time left. If he nails it again then maybe they pay him. Maybe the plan is to give him some extra time pre-deadline and if he really does well with a less than awesome defense he's massive trade bait because of the low risk contract.

That said, I love Grubi and he's a fan favorite and quite possibly the best backup we've had in DC since Craig Billington/Brent Johnson(pick your poison) lol... I mean we've had multiple young guys all fighting for time at once..Varlamov, Neuvirth and Holtby but nobody was classified as the backup during those times. It was whoever is hot is starting.

Grubi will be a NHL starter one day and a successful one. He won't be on the Vezina level but he'll be a 15-20 best goaltender list one day.

If Grubi has another good season. And Holtby does not steal a series in the playoffs. I would trade Holtby for the big payday. No matter how good Holtby is in the regular season. Or how good his playoff numbers are. He still lets in soft goals at bad times.

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
All of our moves are too late

what if either Holtby or Grubi have a bad or injury riddled season ?

Should have traded Holtby recently, and signed Grubi to a 4-5y deal ... great assets and cap relief :handclap:

Love me some Grubi

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
All of our moves are too late

what if either Holtby or Grubi have a bad or injury riddled season ?

Should have traded Holtby recently, and signed Grubi to a 4-5y deal ... great assets and cap relief :handclap:

Love me some Grubi

Sounds like someone munching on cooked pig skin. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
If DET is serious about trying to stay competitive, they'd do their darnedest to move one of Howard or Mrazek and trade for this guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->