Confirmed Signing with Link: [WSH] Devante Smith-Pelly (1 Year, $650K)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Zero chance that he picks Wilson over Johansson.

Moreover, you don't even give him the choice. You trade Johansson before the expansion draft and let GMGM chose between Eller or Wilson.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Zero chance that he picks Wilson over Johansson.
Moreover, you don't even give him the choice. You trade Johansson before the expansion draft and let GMGM chose between Eller or Wilson.

You don't know that! Many of us (including the NHL Network talking heads) thought he would have taken Grubauer. GMGM's a pretty smart guy and probably a little bitter at the Capitals organization, so I wouldn't put anything pass him as far as screwing with his former employer.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Even assuming he was trying to screw over Washington, explain how it would even be possible if he has the choices of Wilson, Eller, Beagle, and Grubauer. He can't put them in a cap blind, because they already traded Johansson in that scenario. He Caps gladly accept losing each of those other exposed players over losing Schmidt or Johansson for free.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
The Caps' off-season has been terrible and I won't defend it, but it's not fair to blame them for not trading Mojo before the draft. No team was taking on players they had to protect at that time.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
The Caps' off-season has been terrible and I won't defend it, but it's not fair to blame them for not trading Mojo before the draft. No team was taking on players they had to protect at that time.

New Jersey did just that with Mirco Mueller, and they didn't even qualify Mueller and still haven't signed him to a contract. Also Arizona with Nick Cousins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->