Writer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFNHL Red Wings

One last item to add to my long list of threads.

Now that rosters are up to date, we need one or possibly two writers (one per conference) to write a season preview article. Awhile back we had a volunteer but (forgive me) I forget who it was :help:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I'll write one. I've got a better handle on the West, so I'd prefer to write that, although it will mean covering my own team. Perhaps for objectivity's sake, though, we should write cross-conference. Thoughts?

Oh, and I'd like to be able to reference the 2003/04 season stats... do we still have a link to the stats and standings from the regular season and playoffs? (Actually, forgive me, it's probably in the league files on Yahoo. I'll go check now. :jump: )

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
JOSH!!!!!!! Stop crying over your grand final loss and start doing something... You should have no excuses now!!

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Nice Work Doug!

Great article Doug! The Bruins are looking forward to battling the western hopefuls this year. Of course, there isn't a team in the West that can win a series vs. my Bruins...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Thanks, Kruegs!

Does that mean you're volunteering to take on the Eastern Conference season preview?

Or are you too busy enjoying life as a newlywed? (insert vampy 70's pron soundtrack here...) ;)

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Very nice article, but there's a slight mistake in the Colorado part. Kraft is in Europe this season and Rem Murray has never been in the avs organisation... The top line looks more like Arnason-Pirjetä-McAmmond... Impressive, ey? But I'm well over the 68OV limit even without Kraft. At 68,15 if I dress 12F, 6D and about 68,55 if I go 11-7.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Ville Isopää said:
Very nice article, but there's a slight mistake in the Colorado part. Kraft is in Europe this season and Rem Murray has never been in the avs organisation... The top line looks more like Arnason-Pirjetä-McAmmond... Impressive, ey? But I'm well over the 68OV limit even without Kraft. At 68,15 if I dress 12F, 6D and about 68,55 if I go 11-7.

D'oh! Thanks for that - I always mix up Murray and McAmmond for some reason. And yes, I noticed today that Kraft is staying overseas. Yikes!

Glad you've got yourself covered for the 68 OV... the problem is, the league had originally agreed to go from a 68 OV minimum last season to a 70 OV minimum for this and subsequent seasons. I'm honestly not sure how manageable that is given the current ratings set (the ratings of available wingers, in particular, seem to be lower this year...).

Clearly 70 OV would be a big jump for you, and would require you giving up a bunch of your (limited) future assets for a short-term gain; obviously not the objective of the rule, which is why I'm thinking we might want to keep the floor at 68 OV.

Ville Isopaa

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
D'oh! Thanks for that - I always mix up Murray and McAmmond for some reason. And yes, I noticed today that Kraft is staying overseas. Yikes!

Glad you've got yourself covered for the 68 OV... the problem is, the league had originally agreed to go from a 68 OV minimum last season to a 70 OV minimum for this and subsequent seasons. I'm honestly not sure how manageable that is given the current ratings set (the ratings of available wingers, in particular, seem to be lower this year...).

Clearly 70 OV would be a big jump for you, and would require you giving up a bunch of your (limited) future assets for a short-term gain; obviously not the objective of the rule, which is why I'm thinking we might want to keep the floor at 68 OV.

Yes, I have noticed this. And I doubt 70 would have been a problem if there would have been free agents available, Kraft would have stayed and my young players would have improved their ratings in a normal way. The addition of a few graduation prospects would also help.
As a lot of players have been lost this season to retirement and europe, over 100 players, without any additions, it will take atleast one season to catch up with the overall depth and quality of the league. I know I'm not the only one who is close to the limit and a few teams are also in problems when it comes to dressing 20 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad