GDT: wpgcar

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
#satin banned cross board quoting iirc, so i won't, but the usual stuff. we have no fans, attendance is bad, how did they lose to a team from a place with palm trees and beaches, etc etc

Bongo's an ex-Thrashers fan who's convinced that Don Waddell is here to get the team ripe for relocation and despises the NHL for not standing up for Atlanta. As for the others, who cares. They now allege that our boards were FULL of Winnipeg-specific ads. For those good Winnipeg companies like UNC Rex, Quintiles, SAS, and MercuryGate. That tells you all you need to know about them. I'll stop there before I go on one of my infamous rants.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
We give them Mo, Tlusty, AND Jay Harrison, and this is how they thank us!?!?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
#satin banned cross board quoting iirc, so i won't, but the usual stuff. we have no fans, attendance is bad, how did they lose to a team from a place with palm trees and beaches, etc etc

Wait since when did North Carolina have palm trees? Or are they confusing us with South Carolina and their palmettos.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Guys Winnipeg was named Canadas most racist city last year. I really wouldn't get worked up over what Winnipeg fans say about Raleigh.

Now that said, I am aware that not all Jets fans are part of that crowd and I would also like to think anyways that next to none of them are. But the fact remains the city has a problem with issues that they should not have.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Guys Winnipeg was named Canadas most racist city last year. I really wouldn't get worked up over what Winnipeg fans say about Raleigh.

Now that said, I am aware that not all Jets fans are part of that crowd and I would also like to think anyways that next to none of them are. But the fact remains the city has a problem with issues that they should not have.

You wouldn't understand until you see it firsthand.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Wait since when did North Carolina have palm trees? Or are they confusing us with South Carolina and their palmettos.

You didn't know that we apparently live in a tropical paradise? :laugh:

Like the idiot who cherry picked photos of downtown Raleigh in June and was like "Omg, see look, no snow!!!"

I invited him and a few others to come visit Wilmington or some other place on the coast in January. The Atlantic is oh so tepid and majestic in the middle of winter.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Bongo's an ex-Thrashers fan who's convinced that Don Waddell is here to get the team ripe for relocation and despises the NHL for not standing up for Atlanta. As for the others, who cares. They now allege that our boards were FULL of Winnipeg-specific ads. For those good Winnipeg companies like UNC Rex, Quintiles, SAS, and MercuryGate. That tells you all you need to know about them. I'll stop there before I go on one of my infamous rants.

There's actually a possible explanation for that. It's both possible and increasingly-common in sports broadcasting to use software and a few-second-delay to obscure and superimpose your own ads over those in the arena. It's more often done with baseball and the ads behind home plate.

It's really obvious if you're watching a Yankees/Red Sox game broadcast on both YES and NESN...you can flip between the channels and see the two different ads on the backstop at the exact same time depending on which channel you're watching.

So, they may be seeing Winnipeg-specific ads instead of the actual boards.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
There's actually a possible explanation for that. It's both possible and increasingly-common in sports broadcasting to use software and a few-second-delay to obscure and superimpose your own ads over those in the arena. It's more often done with baseball and the ads behind home plate.

It's really obvious if you're watching a Yankees/Red Sox game broadcast on both YES and NESN...you can flip between the channels and see the two different ads on the backstop at the exact same time depending on which channel you're watching.

So, they may be seeing Winnipeg-specific ads instead of the actual boards.

Nope, I did see one real-life Winnipeg ad on the boards around section 108 or so. Something about houses, I think. I can't remember what it was, just that it had a house logo and the word Winnipeg in the slogan/description/whatever you want to call it.

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
There was 1 Winnipeg ad. Where that ad was placed, changes game after game. I think it's a spot that is left open for a different company to use. So instead of paying for a full season, they can pay just for that game. But keep in eye out. It's off to the site of where we defend twice, you'll see it change each game.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
There was 1 Winnipeg ad. Where that ad was placed, changes game after game. I think it's a spot that is left open for a different company to use. So instead of paying for a full season, they can pay just for that game. But keep in eye out. It's off to the site of where we defend twice, you'll see it change each game.

Frankly in this day and age of multiple media outlets showing an NHL game I think it is a brilliant strategy to court out of town advertising. I've got no problem with that.

Personally, just sounds like bitter haters again. You're not getting our team ****ing Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad