Confirmed with Link: WPG vs FLA in Finland, November 1st & 2nd 2018

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I didn't realize the Icehall had been replaced. I know they had a capacity of like 8K. what does the new arena hold?

Been a while ;) You coming over this time too?

I just realized your the first person on Panthers forum I've seen that been here longer than me ;) 3 days longer

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I didn't realize the Icehall had been replaced. I know they had a capacity of like 8K. what does the new arena hold?
You mean the new Helsinki arena? It's still in the planning stage and no timetable has been set, so I'd guess it's at least 5 years away.

Tampere is meant to get a new arena in around 2021-2022, that has been approved already.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Been a while ;) You coming over this time too?

I just realized your the first person on Panthers forum I've seen that been here longer than me ;) 3 days longer

I'm seriously considering it. It'll depend on what I can afford.

Yeah, I've been around on these boards a long time even though I don't post very much anymore. I still live up to my title of resident lurker though.

Reactions: klabob

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So Finnish media (via NA sources) may have figured out why the arena is still TBT.

Patrik Laineen ja Aleksander Barkovin kohtaamisen pelipaikka on auki – estävätkö talouspakotteet Hartwall-areenassa pelaamisen?

Shortly put; the NHL is concerned over the sanctions list put on Russia by the US, which features the head honcho (Roman Rotenberg, along with his father & uncle & another business partner) behind the company that owns Hartwall Arena and Jokerit.

So it's very possible that the game won't be played in Helsinki.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
So Finnish media (via NA sources) may have figured out why the arena is still TBT.

Patrik Laineen ja Aleksander Barkovin kohtaamisen pelipaikka on auki – estävätkö talouspakotteet Hartwall-areenassa pelaamisen?

Shortly put; the NHL is concerned over the sanctions list put on Russia by the US, which features the head honcho (Roman Rotenberg, along with his father & uncle & another business partner) behind the company that owns Hartwall Arena and Jokerit.

If they played in HIFK areena. That would have some Miami Arena feel to it ;)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If they played in HIFK areena. That would have some Miami Arena feel to it ;)
I think the attendance difference between Nordis and Hakametsä isn't worth it (1k), might as well have it in Tampere then to appeal to the Tappara raised players.

Turku does have an almost 12k capacity, so that is the most likely option if they're going purely by attendance.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site

Informative for sure. Sounds like there are a few corruption concerns if I read the translation correctly?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I think the attendance difference between Nordis and Hakametsä isn't worth it (1k), might as well have it in Tampere then to appeal to the Tappara raised players.

Turku does have an almost 12k capacity, so that is the most likely option if they're going purely by attendance.

Have you been to Hakametsä? It's horrific

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Informative for sure. Sounds like there are a few corruption concerns if I read the translation correctly?
Translation might be confusing sanctions with corruption, it wasn't mentioned.

The main thing is that Rotenberg + the three others are on the sanctions list, meaning the US isn't meant to do business with them. Having NHL games in an arena owned by their company doesn't look good.

Have you been to Hakametsä? It's horrific
Once on a trip with my soccer team, 2002-ish maybe? It was a local derby where Helminen broke the record for most penalty minutes in a single game (which has now been surpassed, I think). We sat behind the penalty boxes about halfway up.

As I already said, Turku might be the best alternative if Hartwall is a no-go. Look on the bright side, our Swedish comrades would have an easy boat journey to the game then, the arena is a stone throw away from the harbour from what I remember.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So, do the areans have NHL sized ice or Olympic sized ice?
They changed the rink size in Sweden for the Sens/Avs games, so I'd assume the same thing happens wherever they play in Finland.

There are some arenas that aren't far off the NHL size, but Helsinki (Hartwall)/Tampere/Turku aren't one of them.

Reactions: cowboy82nd

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
NHL announces 2018 Global Series dates, locations, ticket information

Now confirmed:
The Florida Panthers and Winnipeg Jets will play two games at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland, on Nov. 1 and 2 (8 p.m. EET/ 1 p.m. ET).

Tickets to the Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 games between the Panthers and Jets at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland, will go on sale Monday at 9 a.m. EET (2 a.m. ET) at https://www.livenation.fi.

Tickets (direct link) seem to be ranging from 89 to 235 euros (and VIP packages 199 to 419 euros).

Flpanther23

Mar 19, 2010
Italy
Somebody from europe (or even florida) going to the games? Wanted to travel from italy with two friends, who probably both can't go the first weekend of november....

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
So Helsinki are the Games that is quiet good. has an own Airport more a bigger Town. Maybe i go there to, current my Brother and i try to get tickets for Oilers Game.

@Boothinator Will you go Cologne Game of teh Edmonton Oilers?

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
So Helsinki are the Games that is quiet good. has an own Airport more a bigger Town. Maybe i go there to, current my Brother and i try to get tickets for Oilers Game.

@Boothinator Will you go Cologne Game of teh Edmonton Oilers?

For sure, Haie are my favourite team from Germany! Although they will get their ass kicked by McJesus and Leon

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Train will take you easily from the airport to center of Helsinki if you want. Like a 10-15 minute ride.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Train will take you easily from the airport to center of Helsinki if you want. Like a 10-15 minute ride.
Any chance you'd buy a ticket for me next to your seating for the 2nd game, pretty please? :puppy: I'd obviously compensate you for it.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
@Mogo @SoupyFIN

When does the selling for the tickets starting cant read Finnish language? But the Prices are pretty high. 90 Euros is high also its been a one time event for that money you could go n 3-4 panther Games in Florida :D

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
The official exchange rate (Wednesday March 7) is 1€ = $1.24 / $1 = .81€. Just checked Bank of America , they will only charge you $1.30 for a 1€. In Finland use the ATM machines that your bank is affiliated with to save on the fees. Unfortunately Bank America has no partnership with any bank in Finland. Glad I have about 400€ left over from my last trip to Europe. I'll have to get more Euros , hopefully I'll have enough time when I change planes to get some at the airport, Either Amsterdam of Frankfurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad