Confirmed with Link: WPG vs FLA in Finland, November 1st & 2nd 2018

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
@Mogo

Booking your couch for that weekend.

Hahaha. Couple friends contacted me with the same thing before I even knew about it ;) I need a bigger apartment :)

Not sure but heard rumours they could actually play in Tampere. Hopefully not true

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I'm so excited!! Hopefully I run into Tallon in the hallway again. I have a few things to say ;)

Reactions: Optimus Reim

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hahaha. Couple friends contacted me with the same thing before I even knew about it ;) I need a bigger apartment :)

Not sure but heard rumours they could actually play in Tampere. Hopefully not true
Tampere makes sense because of the players, but from a money perspective Helsinki is obviously going to draw more people.

Maybe there's a bidding war going on? :dunno: Seems a bit odd that they announced we're going there and not say which arena. inb4 the game is in Turku.

Cheapest were 99 euros. Also had 119€, 159€ and more
Damn. I can only imagine that the prices are going to be higher this time, since both teams have actual star players from here (Niemi and Koistinen the last time, I think?), especially if the games are in Tampere with the lower capacity.

ndal88a

Dec 14, 2017
Tampere makes sense because of the players, but from a money perspective Helsinki is obviously going to draw more people.

Maybe there's a bidding war going on? :dunno: Seems a bit odd that they announced we're going there and not say which arena. inb4 the game is in Turku.

Damn. I can only imagine that the prices are going to be higher this time, since both teams have actual star players from here (Niemi and Koistinen the last time, I think?), especially if the games are in Tampere with the lower capacity.
Heh, both teams are familiar with Tampere Arena, Panthers had a game there earlier, 2011? and Jets (WHA) in mid-70s, against Tappara

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
When can we order Tickets and where will they play?? That is all i wanna know, Finnland Promotion.

Interisting also for European Fans, the post under the Main Post, that the Oilers will play a PreSeason Game in Germany and NJ in Switzerland.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Heh, both teams are familiar with Tampere Arena, Panthers had a game there earlier, 2011? and Jets (WHA) in mid-70s, against Tappara

Yes, Panthers played against Tappara. I remember being there and in aww how hard of a shot a young Kulikov had ;)

As for the arena. It's the first ice hockey arena ever built in Finland so it's like almost 70 years old. Small and in many places you have pillars in front of you where you sit =) I remember Frank Forte sat near to me he was a bit pissed off sitting behind one of those as a media member ;)

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

One of the biggest reasons why Panthers are here the 2nd time and Tampere rumours. One of Tappara owners (not sure if current anymore) is a huge Panthers fan and goes to the games often in Florida. I know as one of my family friends is his driver to the games often.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
One of the biggest reasons why Panthers are here the 2nd time and Tampere rumours. One of Tappara owners (not sure if current anymore) is a huge Panthers fan and goes to the games often in Florida. I know as one of my family friends is his driver to the games often.
It would make sense as a send off to the old arena, but then again the new arena could be another 3 or 4 years away.

I get the feeling that this might've been a take it or leave it situation. You have the game this year, or the NHL can't guarantee that you'll get it when the new arena is ready.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
None Panthers related more european Hockey, if you more form the middle of europe as mine.
The Edmonton Oilers will play an Exhibtion Game in Germany, i expect that one in the Cologne Area. For overall Hockey Fans.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site

I can't see them playing anywhere except Hartwall because of the capacity. If this were like '09, there would likely be an exhibition game in Tampere as well but I just can't see it this time around if they're playing these in November.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I can't see them playing anywhere except Hartwall because of the capacity. If this were like '09, there would likely be an exhibition game in Tampere as well but I just can't see it this time around if they're playing these in November.
Money talks at the end of the day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Tampere to get two homegrown NHL star players, so I could see them outbidding Helsinki to host it. Helsinki is bound to get another set of games eventually anyway, they have a new arena (HIFK's arena though, not sure if Jokerit has first dibs on NHL games) coming at some point too.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Money talks at the end of the day. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Tampere to get two homegrown NHL star players, so I could see them outbidding Helsinki to host it. Helsinki is bound to get another set of games eventually anyway, they have a new arena (HIFK's arena though, not sure if Jokerit has first dibs on NHL games) coming at some point too.

I didn't realize the Icehall had been replaced. I know they had a capacity of like 8K. what does the new arena hold?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->