Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets sign Patrik Laine to ELC

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
1102-barrette-jets.png

I still REALLY want these to be our 3rd.

Oh good lord those would be beautiful.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

You need not believe me but I've actively felt from before the Draft that the only thing to do it even better would have been with them dressing him into the 90's white jersey. Undoable of course, but...

It's somewhat iconic for the Finns.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Excellent fetch for Jets..
Enjoy the best kid drafted this year :) hes gonna be something special.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Those are some beautiful jerseys. As to Laine, he's going to be a good 1. Best player in this draft class if you ask me.

Otto91

Aug 13, 2006
Laine reminds me so much Of Mike Bossy it is insane! Can't wait to see Laine in action as he truly seems like the real deal. ConGratulations Jets Fans and fans of Great NHL Players.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
You need not believe me but I've actively felt from before the Draft that the only thing to do it even better would have been with them dressing him into the 90's white jersey. Undoable of course, but...

It's somewhat iconic for the Finns.

If you are saying the 90's white jersey would be undoable because that team went to Phoenix, I'm not sure that's true. I believe True North owns all the rights to the old logos, jerseys designs, etc.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Coaches sometimes come out and say where players like this will play to start. Any news on who will center him to start the year or nothing yet?

Master Scheif

dirt nasty
Jun 7, 2014
Winnipeg
Coaches sometimes come out and say where players like this will play to start. Any news on who will center him to start the year or nothing yet?

Maurice has said that he doesn't want to say yet. He said he intends on trying Laine with many different centres. I'd expect him to start with Little and play with Scheif later in the year.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
If you are saying the 90's white jersey would be undoable because that team went to Phoenix, I'm not sure that's true. I believe True North owns all the rights to the old logos, jerseys designs, etc.

That too was a concern of me, but foremostly it couldn't be done because obviously they won't use anything but the current official look for such an event and certainly not merely for the pleasure of a bunch of Finns. Much easier for the Oilers to pull off with Puljujärvi, though, and only one number smaller than Kurri at that. :laugh:

We may actually see Selanne and Laine in the 90's look next to each other in the Heritage Classic.

paragon

May 5, 2010
So selfish. Only gives it to mom and dad, not extended members.
Tax law professor from University of Helsinki gave a comment to the media that he shouldn't donate to his parents, because that way it's going to get triple taxed (income tax, charity/gift tax and inheritance tax).

It's funny how even stuff like this makes big headlines in Finland.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Tax law professor from University of Helsinki gave a comment to the media that he shouldn't donate to his parents, because that way it's going to get triple taxed (income tax, charity/gift tax and inheritance tax).

It's funny how even stuff like this makes big headlines in Finland.

Not so funny, what the prof says was pretty much my secondary initial reaction too. And obviously it prompted in the comments the discussion immediately. Totes should pay tax to Finland, the ice-halls where he trained are taxpayer-funded etc etc, the usual. Well, the next one in Tampere certainly seems to be, but anyway.

I stand where I stand with the F1 drivers. When they can pursue their profession, which is driving F1 Gran Prixes or playing NHL hockey, in Finland, we can talk about taxing the income.

Though, I would think not too many Russian KHL players have yet filled the forms for their Helsinki games. :laugh:

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
PK Subban donated 10 million to children hospital and we are discussing if Laine should or shouldn't give 10 000 to state of Finland. Some even calling him stupid if he pays. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad