Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets sign Gabriel Bourque (1 year, $700k, 2-way)

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
I’m not sure how the Jets penalty kill ranks amongst the rest of the NHL, but Bourque sees a lot of short handed play and would be an upgrade for most teams. He’s defensively responsible and won’t show up on the scoresheet but he’s not necessarily a bad use of a contract... especially at that price.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
It's okay guys, we can trade Laine now! Step right up with your offers! One at a time!
Why not? He wants out.

So how many 1sts do you want? In Winnipeg you want nothing back except centers, so. You have to name the prospects you want.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
He's a good 13th forward that is good defensively skates hard and PKs. Can not score. At all. Hands aren't good either. But hey if you don't have replacement depth for injuries he can plug a hole.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I’m not sure how the Jets penalty kill ranks amongst the rest of the NHL, but Bourque sees a lot of short handed play and would be an upgrade for most teams. He’s defensively responsible and won’t show up on the scoresheet but he’s not necessarily a bad use of a contract... especially at that price.
After watching him on the Avs for a couple years, he's actually not super great on the PK despite all the time he spent there. I don't think Jets fans will hate him, but he's not really elite defensively. He's best used as a top AHL callup/13th forward type for spot duty, we were pretty sick of him when he was getting regular NHL shifts.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
After watching him on the Avs for a couple years, he's actually not super great on the PK despite all the time he spent there. I don't think Jets fans will hate him, but he's not really elite defensively. He's best used as a top AHL callup/13th forward type for spot duty, we were pretty sick of him when he was getting regular NHL shifts.

I hope he's an AHLer who can be a callup. Between Vesalainen and Appleton we have no need of him, and Letestu as a C makes more sense as a 13th F. Hopefully just cheap depth, but with Maurice you never know.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I hope he's an AHLer who can be a callup. Between Vesalainen and Appleton we have no need of him, and Letestu as a C makes more sense as a 13th F. Hopefully just cheap depth, but with Maurice you never know.

Gourque will never hurt your team, he just won't help it either. He does play the game that most coaches love but drives fans crazy. Oh, a potential 2 on 1? Get it deep. Oh, the other team is changing? Get it deep. Oh, they pulled the goalie? Get it deep. I don't think i've seen a player dump and chase more than Gourque, which is fine because it's a safe play but if he had an ounce of creativity he could be a staple 4th liner.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He can't score a goal to save his life but he's a high energy guy and a honest worker. He's a fine 13th forward.

Reactions: Slomo and flyfysher

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Why not? He wants out.

So how many 1sts do you want? In Winnipeg you want nothing back except centers, so. You have to name the prospects you want.

It would probably take 4 1sts and a risky contract. Honestly I'm all for a team doing it (hate seeing it happen to Winnipeg) if they think they have a system he'll thrive in.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Trade talks starts with an offer. What would your counter offer of this be? Laine and Kulikov for Poehling, Petry and ?????
We cannot trade Petry without a top 4 RD coming back. A package from MTL would be composed of depth pieces (Folin, Reilly, Thompson), prospects (Juulsen, Suzuki, Poehling) and picks. Maybe one of Drouin, Lehkonen or Armia too. I don't see a trade to be made unless Winnipeg decides to go for futures which I doubt.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
We cannot trade Petry without a top 4 RD coming back. A package from MTL would be composed of depth pieces (Folin, Reilly, Thompson), prospects (Juulsen, Suzuki, Poehling) and picks. Maybe one of Drouin, Lehkonen or Armia too. I don't see a trade to be made unless Winnipeg decides to go for futures which I doubt.

For me it would have to be Poehling, Brook, Tatar (salary), 1st and 2nd. You are talking about a probable 40 goal scorer. With a career ahead of him, more term, so double or triple what you received for Pacioretty.

Oh yes this Bourque kid. Good signing. Not a standout player, but should get some 4th line reps. And PK reps. Has the advantage of having played for two of our division rivals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad