Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Mark Scheifele - (8 years, $6.125M AAV)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Nice solid deal. Lot of good deals for young budding players lately. I think Galchenyuk has his comparisons now, which means Bergevin will play hardball and Chucky will be gone in a year or two.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
i'd pick Landeskog and Couturier over Scheifele and i'd suppose the difference there is probably how we view value in a player, but he's my #3. I still have faith in RNH but he's behind the pack for now.

theres still a chance that scheifele takes it to another level in winnipeg and outclasses a few other draft mates. i do believe hes capable of that, but imo the other players i mentioned are just more likely to find that growth.

I wouldn't trade Scheifele for two Couturier

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
was just listening to TSN 1290 and they tossed out this juicy stat. after the allstar break Sheifele had the 3rd morst points only behind Crosby and Thorton. First half he was playing on the second line until Little got injured. :naughty:

Here's a better one, he led the entire league in points after Bryan Little went down over the last 25 games of the Jets season (Feb 19th onward).
c1aaa5b0dd03cccdde4e9f40c9424bd6.png

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Very good player, heart soul guy....GREAT CONTRACT! Love the AAV and term! :handclap:

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Oates

Not a steal yet. If he continues his progression it will be one. Fair deal right now. Surprised we got 8 years though.

His game has really progressed since he started working with Adam Oates. His production was 3rd overall in the league after the Allstar Break and being put on the 1st line.

Royale With Cheese

Fuelled by Whiskey
Nov 24, 2006
Scheifele is the kind of player that players, coaches, fans and the city welcome. This is the guy you invest in and they did. No regrets.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Two very solid signings today by the Jets (Scheifele & Perreault) as a Wild fan It's quite irritating.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Posted this in the other thread but thought it was funny how everyone called him a huge reach when the Jets took him over Couts and Hamilton.

And now he's the best player taken in that entire first round.
I don't think he has definitively passed RNH or Landeskog yet. And, well, Adam Larsson is somehow worth Taylor Hall, and Dougie Hamilton has had flashes of being a legit top pairing player.

Edit: I also wonder what these means for Trouba and his demands

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I don't think he has definitively passed RNH or Landeskog yet. And, well, Adam Larsson is somehow worth Taylor Hall, and Dougie Hamilton has had flashes of being a legit top pairing player.

Edit: I also wonder what these means for Trouba and his demands

He has absolutely passed RNH.

And Larsson wasn't worth Hall in a vacuum. For instance the idea of the Habs trading Pacioretty for Larsson would've been pretty laughable just a few weeks ago.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Mark is the kind of player that you can be comfortable with signing a max deal. His worth ethic is second to none, and he has improved greatly each season over his first three years. Kid is a beauty, I can't wait for the World Cup and the season to start.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Nice solid deal. Lot of good deals for young budding players lately. I think Galchenyuk has his comparisons now, which means Bergevin will play hardball and Chucky will be gone in a year or two.

At the term and AAV McKinnon and Scheifele signed today, MB will not play hardball at all. He is locking Galchenyuk up.

Great deal for Jets. I'm sure they will not end up regretting this one the way Sabres regretted forgoing the bridge deal with Tyler Myers (coincidentally with Scheifele in Winnipeg now).

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
i'd pick Landeskog and Couturier over Scheifele and i'd suppose the difference there is probably how we view value in a player, but he's my #3. I still have faith in RNH but he's behind the pack for now.

With all due respect, it isn't possible for someone with eyeballs to watch Scheifele and Couturier play hockey and have the opinion that Couturier is the better player. They are in different classes altogether.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
seems like a solid deal for both parties involved. Buys up a few UFA years and his prime. Scheifele is legit.

aqsw

PM
Dec 11, 2004
Winnipeg
He has one good season and one great season. Along with a solid rookie year.

And if they really watched the Jets and Mark, they would know how snake bit he was his second yesr.
Seems lie he averaged 2 th 3 posts a game. One game they said he hit 6 posts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->