Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Connor Hellebuyck (1 year, $2.25M)

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
This was from the offseason, when he was an RFA. Contract is for this season, which he has to prove himself whether he's worth the extra money or not. While I don't want to see Pavelec-type term, I'll be happy for that salary if he proves himself an above average goaltender.
This contract was base don last year's performance. If he keeps it going like he has been up to now, he's in for a healthy raise.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Odd signing now, but he should be a solid #1 long term. They get one more year to figure out his exact worth.

Still early for any bold predictions but he’s looking great. I think last year being thrown into the deep end as a rookie might of been too much at the time. Another year older, mature and great offseason of working on his game has paid off so far.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
people said he was better than murray when murray was lighting up the AHL

We may not be done comparing the two. Especially now that Murray is without his safety valve, much like Hellebuyck 'struggled' without his 'safety valve' last year.

I think a big congrats needs to go to the guys at Alpha Hockey for the work they did with Helle this summer. What a turnaround.
Just like Scheifele, hard work pays off.
It's nice to see big and boring Hellebuyck back.

Correlation ≠ causation

I would like to sell you this rock that keeps tigers away.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Still early for any bold predictions but he’s looking great. I think last year being thrown into the deep end as a rookie might of been too much at the time. Another year older, mature and great offseason of working on his game has paid off so far.

Even prime Price would've had a difficult time putting up good stats for last year's Jets team. No idea how so many people wrote off a rookie Hellebuyck for it.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Mud Turtle said:
hard work pays off

Correlation ≠ causation
I would like to sell you this rock that keeps tigers away.

Not sure if hard work paying off is the right application of causation questioning. He has noticeably improved in some techniques and practicing has, in some cases, led to improvement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad