Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jets re-sign Connor Hellebuyck (1 year, $2.25M)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Hellebuyck's main issue other than consistency is rebound control (Although basically every Winnipeg goalie sucks in that regard, with Hutchinson being surprising the best and not surprising Pavelec the worst). His glove hand was extremely weak. Still he had a very impressive rookie season and just a Sophomore slump. I hope he breaks out this season but accepts a cheaper contract because he's going to take time to develop.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
I watched the Jets twice last year, Helle had the worst rebound control I've seen since the Fainting Goat last played in the NHL.

Maybe it is time to change their goalie coach. He didn´t fix Pavs, he had 3 years to help Helle and no improvment, it is more like the opposite.

Every goalie that has played for Jets has getting worse the longer they stay....
Maybe it is time to pony up some dollars for a real coach.

I have 2 ideas, Erik Grankvist or Papa Lehner, who transformed the King form a random goalie to Swedens best goalie all time. Just a hint Chevy....

Nov 24, 2006
Maybe it is time to change their goalie coach. He didn´t fix Pavs, he had 3 years to help Helle and no improvment, it is more like the opposite.

Every goalie that has played for Jets has getting worse the longer they stay....
Maybe it is time to pony up some dollars for a real coach.

I have 2 ideas, Erik Grankvist or Papa Lehner, who transformed the King form a random goalie to Swedens best goalie all time. Just a hint Chevy....

It definitely is.

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
.910 save percentage through his first 82 NHL games. Busto. But seriously, people saying "last chance" for a goalie that just turned 24? Any idea where Scott Darling was at 24? Half the goalies in the league weren't even in the league at 23.

Exactly guys like Lundquist, Holtby, Schneider, Dubnyk and I probably missed like 10 more names in there broke out around 25-26. Hellebuyck has time to improve and prove himself still.

NyIsles91

Feb 24, 2017
So now Hellebuyck is making $2.25, Mason is making $4.1, and they still have Hutchinson for $1.15 million.

Are the Jets just going to waive Hutch, or what? 3 goalies has never worked.

As an Isles fan who had to deal with this all year last season i can agree with that. :cry:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
As an Isles fan who had to deal with this all year last season i can agree with that. :cry:

not quite the same. hutch will be in Winnipeg when the season starts but will be on the moose roster.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
i know he was inconsistent last year, but is Helly really the problem there? (esp when you consider his age)

i mean, who is good at defense on that blueline?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
i know he was inconsistent last year, but is Helly really the problem there? (esp when you consider his age)

1 played in the Olympics and wch
1 played in the wch and wc
1 played in in the wc
1 played wch
and 1 would have been selected to the wc if he wasn't coming off injuries. I'm sure they all can play defence.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm laughing at the people who think this is the last chance for a 24 year old goaltender after his first full year of being an NHL goaltender. I know it's fun to think you know what you're talking about, but really you should stop.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Trouba today, Morrissey+ Trouba in the future.

Helle was just 23y last season, he has plenty of time to improvr/prove himself. Consistency was a huge issue with him last year and his glove side.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I think a big congrats needs to go to the guys at Alpha Hockey for the work they did with Helle this summer. What a turnaround.
Just like Scheifele, hard work pays off.
It's nice to see big and boring Hellebuyck back.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Odd signing now, but he should be a solid #1 long term. They get one more year to figure out his exact worth.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Odd signing now, but he should be a solid #1 long term. They get one more year to figure out his exact worth.

This was from the offseason, when he was an RFA. Contract is for this season, which he has to prove himself whether he's worth the extra money or not. While I don't want to see Pavelec-type term, I'll be happy for that salary if he proves himself an above average goaltender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad