Wpg Jets Front to Back Seats - Relocation

aeonkitty

Jan 6, 2015
Sabadecade said:
Either way, It's probably slim pickings and neither relocation list or the wait list will move too much but, I am under the impression that relocation happens first. What I'm wondering is how are these prioritized?

Not to mention our specific and unusual situation with front to back seat that have longer terms than others in the same price point, can we be up for relocation without our term being up?

Essentially, this could happen to anyone who came off the Wait List after the end of the 1st season. Our situation just happens to be worse since we could be stuck with front to back seats for another 4 years.

aeonkitty

Jan 6, 2015
Common sense would dictate that if you have one year left on your contract and P3s come up and they carry an minimum 4 year contract they will make you sign a new 4 year deal and void the last year of your contract? Or if you signed a 6 year deal this year and want to move down the longer 6 year deal would follow you if you choose to relocate.....But like I said that would be common sense so it may not work that way once money and contract lawyers get involved :D

Hopefully it doesn't get to that point though!

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Essentially, this could happen to anyone who came off the Wait List after the end of the 1st season. Our situation just happens to be worse since we could be stuck with front to back seats for another 4 years.

Therein lies the real reason they probably can't help us. If they make a special contract term exemption for us and allow us to relocate, they would have to to it for anyone who joined in an odd year. They're most likely trying to avoid someone else hearing about it and the possible legal implications of that so they're going to stick to the raw rules. Unfortunately, their (and our) lack of foresight causes us to get stuck where we are today.

It sure feels like the fact that we have front to back seats is being ignored and we aren't going to get any priority for relocation accordingly as assumed by us when we signed up.

It's unfortunate as the front to back seats were sold on the premise that it was a "foot in the door" and that relocation took priority over other wait list sales. This was misleading at best since this is only true if your specific contract term is up and our contract term is up in an odd year, where the least amount of seats would be available for relocation. In hindsight, the weirdest thing about signing our ticket agreement that summer in 2012 was that we had to sign up for the same term as everyone else, even tho it was one year later. Again, I think they might have made a mistake and overlooked that technicality.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
I recently contacted my ticket rep due to the new seats being added and asked how my odds were now about being relocated. He wouldn't commit to anything but he agreed that the odds are better now since there will be so much more movement since they are adding 278 new seats with priority to people already in the building.

I specifically asked about my term and he didn't say anything that would indicate that it was a problem.

First, the P3, 4 & 5 STH must renew for next season and opt in or out for next season in their existing seats, to be completed in March sometime. Then they do the relocation (including loge seats) to be completed in April sometime, then they go to wait list in July sometime and then, they renew wait list positions and issue new waitlist numbers by August.

Side by side seats for me next season is getting to be more of a possibility.

allthisgold

Oct 8, 2013
I am also on the waiting list and was at a similar spot to the people on this chat who took the front and back seats.

I find it odd that someone can jump the list and then get mad that people who were originally ahead of them on the list are getting other seats before them. I do understand that if you were told that you would get side by sides in the next year. However, given the simple fact that you are jumping the line I would have wanted it to be very clear that this was the case (not just an opinion). This was my concern as well and my rep said that I would be better off waiting as there were no guarantees.

That all being said I think that now that you guys have paid for front and backs for a few years that you have paid your dues and should be put in some sort of priority to get side by sides. I just don't think you should expect it prior to other people who were ahead of you on the list.

I do agree that there could be a different process for determining what seats you get from the waiting list. I don't really want P7s and if they are offerred up in back to back years I have no choice but to take them. There are worse problems in life but you would think there could be a better system.

Also it has been unclear about the upgrades. My thought was that any season ticket holder who wants to go on the upgrade list pay $20 per year. Then every year prior to the tickets going to the waiting list they go through the upgrade list first. If you want the ones available you take em. If not you pay again and maintain your spot on the upgrade list. At some point you will move up and will get the tickets you want. The $20 is just to ensure only people who are serious are on the list (otherwise the upgrade process could take all summer to go through).

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Great points!

You're right about having jumped the cue then complaining bout having been jumped over. That's ironic for sure!

You also have a point in having "paid dues" by paying for front-to-back seats for a couple years and "earning" the right to jump the cue again.

I also like the idea of paying for the relocation, it keep the people on the relocation list to the ones who are more serious about relocating. That is not their current practice, it's a relocation free for all from what I can tell at this point.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Well, it appears that the original concerns regarding term commitment needing to be fulfilled prior to being eligible for relocation are not a problem.

We've just been relocated!

Good luck to all others who are waiting to be relocated for whatever problem they have with their current seats (obstruction, front-to-back, etc.). I sincerely hope that you get what you need/want. At least you now know that's one thing you don't have to worry about.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
We currently have front to back seats and have been wanting to relocate to side by side seats since we signed our contract.

We jumped the cue (position 116 on the Wait List) and took P3 front to back seats when they were offered to Wait List members for the 2012-2013 season (2nd year of the Jets' return). One of the main reasons we accepted front to back seats was "to get our foot in the door" and be placed on the relocation list. We were told that the relocation list is similar to the Wait List and that when "our number is up" we would be notified of any side by side seats that become available at the end of each season (our preference was level 100 and 200 seating).

At the end of the 2012-2013 season, we called our account representative to find out if there was any movement on the relocation list. Since the Ticket Purchase Agreements for the lower bowl were not yet expired, he advised that we were not contacted since only the upper bowl side by side seats were available - which makes sense.

When we contacted our account representative at the end of the 2013-2014 season, he advised that we could now only be considered for Seat Relocation when our Ticket Purchase Agreement expires at the end of 2015-2016 (since we obtained tickets in the Jets' 2nd year). This means that we would not have access to any side by side seats that become available at the end of this season (P3, P4 and P5 seats). We were also told that to even be considered for Seat Relocation, that we would have to renew our front to back seats for 4 more years - even if there is a very low or even no possibility of being relocated to side by side seats. This conflicts with what we were initially told in terms of being placed on the relocation list and having an opportunity to relocate after each season.

Although we are happy to be at the games, we are getting tired of sitting in these front to back seats, while paying the same price as side by side seats. We are very frustrated with the situation and if we would have known from the start that it would be very difficult to relocate to side by side seats, then we would have never accepted the front to back seats in the first place and just continued waiting on the Wait List (or we would have considered indicating Level 300 as a preference to at least obtain side by side seats).

We are planning to contact the organization again to determine if there are any other options available (for example, getting out of our Ticket Purchase Agreement one year early without penalty, putting us back on the Wait List, etc.).

So, we were wondering if there are any other front to back season ticket holders that were also told the same information, that you can now only be eligible for Seat Relocation at the end of your Ticket Purchase Agreement and not at the end of every season if side by side seats become available according to your preference? Also, are you still happy with your front to back seats?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and thank you very much for your time!
I would get to know the season ticket owners around your seats
Talk to them about trading some of your tickets so the people beside you can bring 3 people to the game sometimes in exchange for their 2 side by side seats I am not sure how many games a year you plan on going to but this may work until you find an alternative

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad