Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Brian Strait (1 year, $600k)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Don't be surprised when you suffer a couple injuries and suddenly Strait is in the lineup. When those players come back into the lineup, someone else will get hurt allowing Strait to stay in the lineup. It's uncanny how it happens.

If the injury is to Stuart we probably won't miss a beat.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I'm surprised there is 5 pages for Brian Strait. This is depth/injury/fall-back if the kids aren't ready. This is pretty open and shut.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I'm surprised there is 5 pages for Brian Strait. This is depth/injury/fall-back if the kids aren't ready. This is pretty open and shut.

Open and shut .

Brooklyn we call it failed clear and goal.
long island we call it lost behind the net
Manhattan we call it chasing your tail
the Bronx we call it get that look off your face ( when you see it you'll say " that's the look" )
Staten Island we call it WTFreak is he doing over THERE !

Open and shut will do I guess

It will never be boring
It will never be boring

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Man you islanders fans really speak in some weird code. Must be something in the water. It's been a treat.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Man you islanders fans really speak in some weird code. Must be something in the water. It's been a treat.

4 years of watching Brian Strait can do that to you. Hopefully you never see him suit up for you guys, but if you do... all of it will make sense. If you thought Stuart was bad, Strait is another level in terms of suckage.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I owe the GM of Winnipeg a big one. Thank you God for taking him and making sure the islanders didn't keep him around!!

Took him for just about the minimum as a deep depth defenseman. I'm wondering how he actually played over 100 games for the Isles in the last two seasons. They didn't have that many injuries, did they???

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Took him for just about the minimum as a deep depth defenseman. I'm wondering how he actually played over 100 games for the Isles in the last two seasons. They didn't have that many injuries, did they???

Simply put, Jack Capuano and his ridiculous obsession with his precious. He did get him an NHL pension with at least 160 NHL games played, no way that happens normally.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
4 years of watching Brian Strait can do that to you. Hopefully you never see him suit up for you guys, but if you do... all of it will make sense. If you thought Stuart was bad, Strait is another level in terms of suckage.

I've already booked with my psychiatrist

Bossy Mike

May 29, 2016

Haha. You Winnipegs also tawk funny. As far as the water goes, yeah, I think we have lead in it. Dangerous but tasty.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Haha. You Winnipegs also tawk funny. As far as the water goes, yeah, I think we have lead in it. Dangerous but tasty.

New York water is like the best in the USA. There's a reason why no one can duplicate the bagels and the NY style pizza outside of the state. Our water rocks.

Man, I kind of want to see the reaction of Winnipeg fans when Strait plays for them. He's probably working on the voodoo dolls of all the d-men now, he'll have to wait until training camp to pluck some hairs so they are complete though. It's always strange how everyone else gets hurt so an opportunity opens for him to get into the lineup, there is some weird stuff at work behind the scenes.

I've heard his Fantasy Football draft parties are quite awesome though, maybe that's where he gets the hair samples?!? :sarcasm:

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Islander fans seem pretty obsessed with Strait. Seems like he could use a restraining order.

He's a depth D who may end up with the Moose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad