Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Brian Strait (1 year, $600k)

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
You guys are in for a treat..... he's so bad it's entertaining. If I owned a parrot, it would without a doubt know how to say "what the **** is Strait doing?" and "why the **** is Strait over there?"

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Wow Jets and I thought your team is trending in the right direction.

On the other hand he works hard though, seem liked by his teammate and coaching staff and at that salary and term is not all that bad. He helps the PK and if your team need some depth on PK he can help in that regard. 5 on 5 not so much.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Wow Jets and I thought your team is trending in the right direction.

On the other hand he works hard though, seem liked by his teammate and coaching staff and at that salary and term is not all that bad. He helps the PK and if your team need some depth on PK he can help in that regard. 5 on 5 not so much.

..and he can grow a pretty dope beard.

morphinecv

Feb 12, 2015
Ha, wow. I get he's not good (and he isn't) but a surprising amount of 'OMG JETS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION BC THEY SIGNED A GUY WHO SHOULD BE #9 ON THE CHART' going on here.

Buff, Trouba, Enstrom, Myers, Morrissey, Chiarot, Stuart, Postma - all ahead

We'll live. Oh **** guys we signed someone to basically a min deal? I hope he doesn't get picked up on waivers, or do, whatever. It literally doesn't matter at all. He does his job better than in New York? Neat. Cool. He doesn't? Don't matter. His upside is being the press box guys for the Jets so we can possibly defer calling up Morrissey just to give him box minutes? Nothing has changed, and if you genuinely think Brian Strait just jumped someone important, I don't know what to tell you.

****, we just signed Quinton Howden, Chevy is such an idiot, we have Schiefele at C! - exactly. Just as stupid.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ha, wow. I get he's not good (and he isn't) but a surprising amount of 'OMG JETS GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION BC THEY SIGNED A GUY WHO SHOULD BE #9 ON THE CHART' going on here.

Buff, Trouba, Enstrom, Myers, Morrissey, Chiarot, Stuart, Postma - all ahead

We'll live. Oh **** guys we signed someone to basically a min deal? I hope he doesn't get picked up on waivers, or do, whatever. It literally doesn't matter at all. He does his job better than in New York? Neat. Cool. He doesn't? Don't matter. His upside is being the press box guys for the Jets so we can possibly defer calling up Morrissey just to give him box minutes? Nothing has changed, and if you genuinely think Brian Strait just jumped someone important, I don't know what to tell you.

****, we just signed Quinton Howden, Chevy is such an idiot, we have Schiefele at C! - exactly. Just as stupid.

Insecure much? Wow.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Don't pay attention to these other Islanders fans guys. They are bitter because we lost our diamond in the rough. Strait will make a great puck moving defenseman. His gap control and acceleration make him deadly between the circles and the blue line. And forget about his ability to see the whole ice... the guy is like Tavares in that regard, only as a solid and dependable blueliner. He will be a stalwart on your second pair.

Really, I would not lie to you.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Seems a bit high in salary and a bit long in term .
Most teams overpay for UFA's though.
J - E - T - S , jets,jets,jets.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Please don't send him down.... if he has to go through waivers I don't want Garth to get any ideas....

If he's your 7th or 8th.... no big deal. Just don't give this guy a lot of ice and it's ok.

Would literally be one of the funniest things ever if we waived him and the Isles claimed him. HFIsles would burn down

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
That's not how insurance policies work.

Fire insurance -- I'm sorry your house burnt down, I'll give you some money to compensate.
Brian Strait -- I'm sorry your defenseman suffered an injury, I'll kick you in the nuts repeatedly.

:laugh:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Don't pay attention to these other Islanders fans guys. They are bitter because we lost our diamond in the rough. Strait will make a great puck moving defenseman. His gap control and acceleration make him deadly between the circles and the blue line. And forget about his ability to see the whole ice... the guy is like Tavares in that regard, only as a solid and dependable blueliner. He will be a stalwart on your second pair.

Really, I would not lie to you.

:laugh: That's some elite sarcasm. Not going to lie, you almost had me...

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
That's not how insurance policies work.

Fire insurance -- I'm sorry your house burnt down, I'll give you some money to compensate.
Brian Strait -- I'm sorry your defenseman suffered an injury, I'll kick you in the nuts repeatedly.

Best post in a great thread :laugh:

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
If he plays for you, the best you're gonna get from him is this line usually uttered from our fans after a bad islander loss... "Strait didn't make too many mistakes tonight".

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
:laugh: That's some elite sarcasm. Not going to lie, you almost had me...

No, you've got me all wrong. Islander fans are always whining and moaning about the players on the team but really get mad at players who leave. Strait just got forced out by bad contracts Snow penned the past 5 years, the return of Hamonic who is a really bad locker room guy, and the emergence of Mayfield who will likely make the team right out of training camp but who is a hellacious fighter and is cheap. It was a matter of math. I think my fellow Isle fans are simply hiding their grief with anger, like when the hot chick from your past left you and your only saving face move was to put her down as bad in bed while breaking all your shared Queen albums before the exchange of items. The other part of this is our coach likes to play all the young guys over the vets and his his pets like Pulock and Mayfield who will always get ice time over Strait. I think Brian wants a change of scenery, sans, you get a good deal on a dark horse defenseman. All I can say is we are lucky you play in the west because the last thing our forwards want to see is the warrior bearing down on them.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
This is quite possibly the best offseason Isles' move, I would think that Paul Maurice will need a flask of tequilla on the bench watching this guy get undressed every night.

I wish I could say something good about him, outside of the fact that you could start a Queen cover band in Winnipeg

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
This is quite possibly the best offseason Isles' move, I would think that Paul Maurice will need a flask of tequilla on the bench watching this guy get undressed every night.

I wish I could say something good about him, outside of the fact that you could start a Queen cover band in Winnipeg

Get ready for this recurring GIF.

giphy.gif

Whileee

May 29, 2010
#8 or #9 D. Jets like to have lots of depth, even if the depth is crap. He'll be battling with Melchiori, and spend most of the year in the press box or with the Moose.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
#8 or #9 D. Jets like to have lots of depth, even if the depth is crap. He'll be battling with Melchiori, and spend most of the year in the press box or with the Moose.

Don't be surprised when you suffer a couple injuries and suddenly Strait is in the lineup. When those players come back into the lineup, someone else will get hurt allowing Strait to stay in the lineup. It's uncanny how it happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->