Wow 7-0 Canada ( women ) > Russia at the end of the first period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
The Canadian women are definately dominating. Several costly mistakes by Russia as well though.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
Maybe they should just get rid of women's hockey if their is no competition. We all know its going down to US/Canada for the gold medal so why bother if no other team has a chance?

JetsFanInVic2011

Formerly devils1983
Aug 22, 2004
Victoria, BC
g52 said:

It's great Canada is kicking butt so far, but I don't like the running up of the scores. If you are on the winning side, great....but if you are on the losing side, the game seems to never end, you give up, you don't care.

Weltsky

Sep 21, 2005
Calgary, Alberta
ScottyBowman said:
Maybe they should just get rid of women's hockey if their is no competition. We all know its going down to US/Canada for the gold medal so why bother if no other team has a chance?
yeah just have a 5 or 7 game series between Canada and the US...we know that what the finals gunna be so whats the point?

g52*

I hope Canada scores like 20 goals I want to see the score waaayyyy hiked up just for fun.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
devils1983 said:
It's great Canada is kicking butt so far, but I don't like the running up of the scores. If you are on the winning side, great....but if you are on the losing side, the game seems to never end, you give up, you don't care.

goal diff. matters.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'd like for all Olympic participants to enjoy themselves. Regardless of whether they medal or not. I think running up scores to 16-0 et al destroys the Olympic experience for some. I think it's excessive, poor sportsmanship, and I think it's sad.

And, after reading recent posts, I think they should change the whole goal diff idea.

Weltsky

Sep 21, 2005
Calgary, Alberta
Injektilo said:
goal diff. matters.
i dont get that, maybe im just being stupid, but how do you get home ice advantage if it is Canada vs. the US in Italy? i dont see how you could get home-ice advantage that way? what am i missing?

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Bubba Thudd said:
I'd like for all Olympic participants to enjoy themselves. Regardless of whether they medal or not. I think running up scores to 16-0 et al destroys the Olympic experience for some. I think it's excessive, poor sportsmanship, and I think it's sad.

So, what should they do, stand in their own zone and pass the puck back and forth? Of course not.

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Bubba Thudd said:

I could not agree more.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
sharks_fan92 said:
i dont get that, maybe im just being stupid, but how do you get home ice advantage if it is Canada vs. the US in Italy? i dont see how you could get home-ice advantage that way? what am i missing?

home team gets last change. in a tight game it can make a difference.

Lunatik*

Chootoi said:
home team gets last change. in a tight game it can make a difference.
they also shoot last in the shootout... get their choice of the end they want to defend in 2 periods and there is supposedly a slight advantage in faceoffs when setting up for the draw

Borlag

Jan 27, 2006
Helsinki, Funland
ScottyBowman said:

If they'd only the games between US and Canada, the other countries would never have the chance to catch up to those two countries. Teams simply can't get better by only playing against poor opponents. In time the other countries could and most likely will catch up to both US and Canada.

The same reasoning could be used to dump some of the mens national teams away such as Japan, France and so on. It's not that long ago when countries like Belarussia, Germany and Austria were nothing but pushovers for the bigger teams. By playing against "the big boys" those countries have catched up and are slowly becoming competitive and I for one think that all that is just good for the sport.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
If the IIHF wants womens hockey to gain respect throughout the world, they really have to use the same rules as in men's hockey.
I haven't seen that in any other sport. It's ridicilous.
Let them hit, for the love of god.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Borlag said:
The same reasoning could be used to dump some of the mens national teams away such as Japan, France and so on. It's not that long ago when countries like Belarussia, Germany and Austria were nothing but pushovers for the bigger teams. By playing against "the big boys" those countries have catched up and are slowly becoming competitive and I for one think that all that is just good for the sport.

Exactly the other teams can only improve if they compete against better teams. Women's Olympic hockey hasn't even been in existance for 10 years now, it needs time to mature for countries other than US & Canada.

And I agree, the rule needs to be changed to something else instead of goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->