Speculation: Wouldn't be surprised if Habs trade Price in next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterNoItAll

Oct 21, 2017
I don’t buy that he’s injured. I think they’re working on a trade, and purposely sitting him out. Last thing they need is a serious injury, otherwise he will definitely be untradable.

Vancouver makes sense. He’s from that province, and they don’t have a number one.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Last time we traded one of the best goalies in the league things didn't end well for us.

There may be some teams looking for the final piece to a championship puzzle, as Colorado was last time. I could see a one for one trade for Pekka Rinne, which would give Nashville an edge, and us an expiring contract.

Other teams in a lower-tier category of "close" are Dallas and St-Louis. I hope he doesn't end up with Toronto, which would be a good fit for them.

Unfortunately, because of the contract, it is unlikely to produce a significant return, so his greatest value is still on this team.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I believe he has a list of 15 (?) teams that he'd waive for. Its not a full NMC where he will retire a Hab. If he needs a change of scenery a trade might be good for him.
He indeed has a full NMC. The only way he's traded is if he asks for a trade...

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don’t buy that he’s injured. I think they’re working on a trade, and purposely sitting him out. Last thing they need is a serious injury, otherwise he will definitely be untradable.

Vancouver makes sense. He’s from that province, and they don’t have a number one.
Its about time Vancouver committed to a goalie with a long heavy contract, don't you think? :)

Reactions: CalgarySnow

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
This whole situation would be so much easier to deal with and it would probably be more interesting if he didn't sign that contract before the season.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
I believe he has a list of 15 (?) teams that he'd waive for. Its not a full NMC where he will retire a Hab. If he needs a change of scenery a trade might be good for him.

Nope, thats for his contract that will kick in in July, he currently has a full NMC that was implemented for his last year of his current contract. It was part of the negotiations

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
I see. I guess the only way MB would ever trade him is if he (Price) wanted out so probably doesn't hinder a trade.

Shows what Price thinks of ole MB when he gets his m-ntc upgraded for the last year of his previous contract so he cant get Subbaned.

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
The media in Montreal, has to be the worst, of the worst.............rumours, crap, and so on........darkest day in Habs history, remember that one.................what a sad sack of so called tv and media personalities.......

This is the exact reason, most do not want to play in Montreal.

Its only in Montreal if you want fame and glory, but there is a high price to pay as it concerns hockey. the best place... lots of pressure though

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The media in Montreal, has to be the worst, of the worst.............rumours, crap, and so on........darkest day in Habs history, remember that one.................what a sad sack of so called tv and media personalities.......

This is the exact reason, most do not want to play in Montreal.

To be fair, it'd be a lot easier to place blame on the media if the organization didn't handle this with such secrecy. Its oddly reminiscent of Gauthier and the absence of information is creating a massive vacuum.

Montreal does have a more trash hockey media than anywhere else in the NHL though.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
To be fair, it'd be a lot easier to place blame on the media if the organization didn't handle this with such secrecy. Its oddly reminiscent of Gauthier and the absence of information is creating a massive vacuum.

Montreal does have a more trash hockey media than anywhere else in the NHL though.

Toronto's media isn't much better.

I think the main difference is a good part of the French media in Montreal are dinosaurian in their approach to the game, and quite a few of them are also xenophobic.

Once the media latches onto a player in Montreal, it's just about impossible to escape the death sentence. What's amazing is that Price wasn't traded back in 2010... had that been Bergevin, you can bet your last dollar he'd have kept Halak.

rafalesque

Apr 9, 2017
Toronto's media isn't much better.

I think the main difference is a good part of the French media in Montreal are dinosaurian in their approach to the game, and quite a few of them are also xenophobic.

Once the media latches onto a player in Montreal, it's just about impossible to escape the death sentence. What's amazing is that Price wasn't traded back in 2010... had that been Bergevin, you can bet your last dollar he'd have kept Halak.

Not true, I live in Toronto..... The french media is great if you want fame but don't get on their bad side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad